Author Topic: Steven Adams?  (Read 11487 times)

Re: Steven Adams?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:44 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I like the player but that contract is awful.

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:15 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I don’t quite understand why people label Adams’ contract awful?
The cap is 120% higher than what it used to be 10-15 years ago. Good players get paid and Adams is very close to the top three centers in the league.

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2019, 08:09:17 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I wouldn't say awful. MAybe 5 mill over what he's worth, but he hit the market when everything was booming, so he's one of the lucky ones. He puts up similar numbers to Horford, better rebounder, weaker passer.

Plays the pick and role really well, good defender, and good teammate/lockerroon guy. And is only 25. He's kinda like Smart but a 8 inches taller, which gets you that extra 10 mill. LOL

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2019, 08:15:25 AM »

Offline Msimonetta2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
So do we want to use our cap space for an Adams type which we as fans would like because product would be better next year or do we try to get other assets like picks/younger players to take some more swings at a better possible future?

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2019, 08:18:28 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I wouldn't say awful. MAybe 5 mill over what he's worth, but he hit the market when everything was booming, so he's one of the lucky ones. He puts up similar numbers to Horford, better rebounder, weaker passer.

Plays the pick and role really well, good defender, and good teammate/lockerroon guy. And is only 25. He's kinda like Smart but a 8 inches taller, which gets you that extra 10 mill. LOL
Just not a fan of paying someone that much to not be able to play in crunch time when other teams go small. Think you can find a cheaper option at center. Considering Baynes usually gets 20 or so minutes, I don’t think it is worth it.

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Just not a fan of paying someone that much to not be able to play in crunch time when other teams go small. Think you can find a cheaper option at center. Considering Baynes usually gets 20 or so minutes, I don’t think it is worth it.

BUT, his contract is also trade bait for next season, big enough to bring in some one big, but not so big no one wants to take on. Some one said if Horford leaves we have to use the money this year, because for what ever reason (cap stuff ) we don't have that money next season. So it would be a way to have extra money next summer to make a move. Maybe by then Time Lord will be ready to start contributing.

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd take him for sure. Just the type we need yea the contract is a bit high but almost everyone's is.

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I would trade Hayward and Williams for Adams, Ferguson and #21

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lol, another Hayward idea
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2019, 09:13:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

yeah ...DA an't trading Hayward this year,  he ll let him build his basketball worth back up.   If Gordon doesn't match his expected worth this year  year 3. .....then he ll,be traded for sure.

Im not liking the tensions on the team .   Unloading the malcontents is prime concern

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2019, 09:17:28 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

yeah ...DA an't trading Hayward this year,  he ll let him build his basketball worth back up.   If Gordon doesn't match his expected worth this year  year 3. .....then he ll,be traded for sure.

Im not liking the tensions on the team .   Unloading the malcontents is prime concern

I use to say the same thing, but all the rumored reports of favoritism and AL leaving has me really wondering if Hayward could really be looking to be on the move.

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This is my favorite idea that I have seen so far. As someone mentioned earlier, he is the 7 foot version of Marcus Smart. His toughness, athleticism for his size and work ethic, will easily make him a fan favorite in Boston. With Smart, Brown, and Adams, the Celtics will have 3 defensive pit bulls. Plus with having Smart and Adams, it would create more scoring opportunities for Brown, Tatum and Hayward. I loved Horford as a Celtic, but Adams is more physical and a better rebounder, which may help if Tatum is going to be the starting PF.

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2019, 11:00:39 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The more I think, the more I wonder if this years 1st is enough for the Celtics to take on that contract.

The rumor is the Celtics are trying to decrease the number of possible rookies this year.   This move does the opposite. 

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2019, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The more I think, the more I wonder if this years 1st is enough for the Celtics to take on that contract.

The rumor is the Celtics are trying to decrease the number of possible rookies this year.   This move does the opposite.

You can always flip the first round pick. Trading the 21st pick gets easier if you’re not also trying to throw in a massive contract.

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
This is my favorite idea that I have seen so far. As someone mentioned earlier, he is the 7 foot version of Marcus Smart. His toughness, athleticism for his size and work ethic, will easily make him a fan favorite in Boston. With Smart, Brown, and Adams, the Celtics will have 3 defensive pit bulls. Plus with having Smart and Adams, it would create more scoring opportunities for Brown, Tatum and Hayward. I loved Horford as a Celtic, but Adams is more physical and a better rebounder, which may help if Tatum is going to be the starting PF.
I agree with all of the positives you said about him and I always liked him from distance.
But I just checked the stats of some centers that we could get and found out he shot 35% from FT in the playoffs. That's reaaaaaally bad to have. Also, if I'm not wrong, he was abused by the Blazers in the pick n roll in the 1 round.
I checked 10 centers and Sabonis is the one I would like the most. I like vucevic too, but I find him little expensive for his age, specially in our apparent situation for next year (youth movement)
Brazilian Celtic Fan!