Author Topic: Espn.com covering cricket.  (Read 2184 times)

Espn.com covering cricket.
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:17:48 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Anyone else find it odd that cricket is the lead story on espn mobile right now? I'm wondering if I'm just that out of it? Do lots of people follow cricket now??

Re: Espn.com covering cricket.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think cricket is the most watched sport in the world other than soccer.
England and Pakistan/India subcontinental asia, Australia, South Africa and Africa, The caribbean and most former English colonies are die hard cricket watchers.
Probably because the world cup is on (once every 4 years) and India played last night.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:54:29 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The World Cup is also one of the shorter, faster moving forms of the game. It has a limited number of overs (50 per side) and restrictions on fielding. Test matches are played over five days and are really for the die hard fanatics. World Cup games are played in a day and have conditions which encourage batsmen to hit big shots more often. They are more exciting for the novice. There is also a super fast 20/20 version of the game, becoming increasingly popular. Test matches are still considerd the highest form of the game.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
T20 is where the money is. You've got some players making close to 2 million USD for 6 week's works in the IPL
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Speaking of which,  as a long term cricket fan, T20s impact has made the game as a whole so much more fast paced and, pyrotechnic. There's no room for games to just drift like they used to
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I know it worries the purists, but with T20 and one dayers, the time and interest for 5 day test matches will wane.