Author Topic: Ja Morant: 'I'd Rather Take An Assist Over A Bucket Any Day'  (Read 899 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ja Morant said he wanted to work on his strength and ability to absorb contact as he prepares for the NBA draft.

“Just to get stronger, really. Being able to absorb contact in the league. I’m in the weight room now, actually. Really just my upper body. I’m pretty sure everybody knows that I can jump, so legs are not really a factor. But I do need to work out," said Morant at the NBA combine on Thursday.

Morant then discussed his mentality as a point guard.

“I really don’t try to focus on scoring. I’d rather take an assist over a bucket any day. But I feel like I can score the basketball," added Morant.

Morant also addressed rumors of the Grizzlies' plan to draft him with their second pick.

“I just know Memphis Grizzlies basketball — that’s it. If you ask me about Chicago, I know about the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan. I’ve never been to places like that. I’m a big basketball guy, so I probably would know basketball," said Morant after being asked what came to mind when he thought about Memphis.

https://theathletic.com/982019/2019/05/16/ja-morant-plays-it-close-to-the-vest-at-the-nba-combine-but-makes-it-clear-hell-play-anywhere-including-in-memphis/

Re: Ja Morant: 'I'd Rather Take An Assist Over A Bucket Any Day'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:13:28 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'd rather he make the right plays. If scoring is the best option, then shoot.

Re: Ja Morant: 'I'd Rather Take An Assist Over A Bucket Any Day'
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:38:53 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
To win in this league, you need to have scoring and lots of scoring and able to score from the 3-point territory.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)