Author Topic: Combine Measuremnts 2019  (Read 3765 times)

Re: Combine Measuremnts 2019
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 10:16:32 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/

a coupple players of note (guy I like who reaffirmed my thoughts)

good

KZ Okpala 6'7.25" w/o shoes 7'1.75 ws 210 lbs 4.6%bf. At his age its easy to see him adding weight and having the size to play a small ball 4 role.

Louis King 6'6.25" w/o shoes 7'0.25" ws 195lbs. Great size for a wing

bad

Clarke 6'7.25" w/o shoes 6'8.25" ws 207lbs. As an older player in the class his weight concerns me just as much as wingspan. The narrative that he is a potential small ball 5 needs to change. He will need to shoot the corner 3 and become a 3-D wing. He still has alot of potential and could thrive on the right team.

Bol Bol 7'0.25" w/o shoes 7'7" wingspan 208lbs. Injury concerns aside, Length is amazing but high hips along with only weighing 208 lbs scares me. In contrast Bamba last year was 1.5" shorter with 1% lower body fat and about 20lbs heavier.

Those Bol measurements! He's giving away 40-50 pounds against guys like Embiid, and as you say, his center of gravity isn't all that low. They'll back him down under the rim and dunk on his head.

Why would Bol be guarding Embiid?

You're not playing him at center?  Are you playing zone or is he chasing Tobias Harris out on the perimeter? His lateral mobility, for a PF, is ... not good.

Pick your poison. I do think his lateral quickness is better than it seems. He covers ground quickly even though he moves slowly. Not sure he has the commitment though. I just don't see him guarding big centers down low either.

I think you would of passed on Gannis... just because they start off skinny doesn’t mean they remain that way. Gannis, Whiteside, Gobert, all come to mind.