Author Topic: Celtics offer for Kaman (rumor)  (Read 31144 times)

Re: Celtics offer for Kamam (rumor)
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Kaman is a fine player, but including JaJuan?
NO WAY!
Danny dont do it! He will come back and haunt us just wait and see! Send JO and Wilcox and the Clippers 1st pick and thats it.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
How about we throw Ray in the deal and get Okafor and the other first NO owns. Leaves us a little thin at the 2 but...

Frontcourt rags to riches. Kaman/Okafor/KG/Bass. WOW!

Gasol/Bynum who?

I can dream, can't I? What a dream, though>

I'll be dreaming right alongside you. There was a thread recently saying that the Hornets were willing to give up a first-round pick to any team that would take Okafor off their hands ... is that offer still alive? I think I'd give up Ray to get Okafor, Kaman AND a first. Then our frontcourt is absolutely STACKED, and we'd still have Pierce and Pietrus as outside shooters, and maybe Danny could even find another decent shooter via trade or buyout.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I thought Danny said he wouldn't moves for right now that weren't productive to future? Moving JJJ for Kaman sure seems like he's already forgot about his own comments.

Frankly, I'd rather not do this move. I think we need to get younger and more athletic, Kaman doesn't fit the bill.

I've gotten the impression that Doc isn't enamored with JJJ.  Doesn't like his focus on offense. 

I have no problem if that's the attitude Doc has.  When Johnson and Moore get some garbage time, they seem to think that they can shoot their way into more playing time.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Meh.

Do the right thing, Danny. Blow it up!
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »

Offline HUD4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'd love a deal that included Kaman, Okafor/Ariza and a 1st, only problem with Okafor is he's still out with knee issues. But the Cs have had great track records of rehabing knee injuries. Too get talent, sometimes you have to give up potential talent.

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Looks like the worst outcome has come true for Wilcox....

gary washburn ‏ @GwashNBAGlobe
It wasn't good news for Chris Wilcox, a source said the team has learned he won't be back this season
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »

Offline HUD4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
 :(

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
Kaman is a fine player, but including JaJuan?
NO WAY!
Danny dont do it! He will come back and haunt us just wait and see! Send JO and Wilcox and the Clippers 1st pick and thats it.

I trust Danny and Doc. I'm sure that if they do trade JJJ, then they have seen enough of him to know that he won't develop in the long run. They were right about pretty much every other young guy they have traded away so far.

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I thought Danny said he wouldn't moves for right now that weren't productive to future? Moving JJJ for Kaman sure seems like he's already forgot about his own comments.

Frankly, I'd rather not do this move. I think we need to get younger and more athletic, Kaman doesn't fit the bill.

I've gotten the impression that Doc isn't enamored with JJJ.  Doesn't like his focus on offense. 

I have no problem if that's the attitude Doc has.  When Johnson and Moore get some garbage time, they seem to think that they can shoot their way into more playing time.

Considering that when they get into the game, they're usually the best scoring options on the floor, I'm not sure what Doc's problem would be.  If that is Doc's attitude, no wonder the Celtic bench is routinely outscored by a big margin. 

Mike

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
We often put too much stock in our young guys, as does every city's fans. But let's think about this with some perspective. We are giving up two or three (JO, Wilcox, Dooling) contracts we would certainly not resign next season. So in essence we are choosing between JJJ or a future first. Personally I think if we are "building for the future" I'd rather have a pick where we can draft a guy with sufficient upside (I hate that word) compared to a 23 yr old four year college player who for all intents and purposes will never become the player Kaman is. Seems like giving up JJJ won't really affect our rebuilding process either way. Why not put ourselves in a better situation for both this season and beyond when it comes to taking a shot at signing a guy like Kaman for cheaper than the 14 million he makes now?

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd like to keep Garnett at center. He's been playing great there.

Getting Garnett more big man help is a priority but I wouldn't necessarily be looking for a center. I'd prefer a power forward if possible.

I'm fairly confident Doc would stick with KG as the starting 5 and bring Kaman off the bench.

I wonder if Kaman would be more efficient with us.  He's been really bad around the rim this year, shooting around 50% in that range and getting almost 10% of his shots blocked.  But he's been great with that mid-range jumpshot.

No way we bring Kaman off the bench.
Yeah, I don't think there is any chance of that either although it would be my preference to do so.

What makes you think so?  Doc stated plainly that he would start Bass over JO even if JO came back healthy.  Talked about how much he liked KG's advantages at the 5.

I think he'd stick to his guns and value speed in the starting line-up, and slot Kaman into the role Wilcox and Stiemsma have filled.
Thats because we had no choice and were awful with JO at center it wasnt working. I like the move let's do it one last run ya never know what happens.

It was the lack of speed that I believe bothered Doc most about starting JO.  If there's anyone in the NBA slower than JO, it's Kaman. 
Kaman might have a funny stride and not be dwight howard running up and down the court but he is mobile and far faster than JO.  Maybe he couldn't beat wilcox down the court but he is no way slow.  A good low post presence who's game would go way up playing with rondo and kg's interior passing.  Would be a great trade for the celtics and I'd think he'd resign with them.

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »

Offline bostonpatriot

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'd be surprised if it makes any sense for the Celtics to sign Kaman for the next season.

I'd also prefer to keep Garnett at the 5 for as many minutes as possible. However Bass is a pure 4. Bringing in another pure 4 would imply relying on Stiemsma to have an important role in the big man rotation. A 3 big man rotation, with Bass+new PF seeing time together, wouldn't work.

The ideal solution would be a 4/5 like Varejao. If that's not a possibility, go to the best big man available, regardless of position.

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Considering that when they get into the game, they're usually the best scoring options on the floor, I'm not sure what Doc's problem would be.  If that is Doc's attitude, no wonder the Celtic bench is routinely outscored by a big margin. 

Doc wants team defense and an offense where no one tries to be a hero.  I've come to the conclusion that an all-offense, no-defense player is a bad fit for the Celtics so long as Doc Rivers is coaching.  Trading for or signing or drafting a player that you envision as an offensive sparkplug is probably a bad idea.  You don't have to be a great defender, but you have to be adequate, intelligent enough to play proper help defense, and put at least as much effort into defense as you do offense.  Basically, Mickael Pietrus is a better fit for the team than someone like Corey Maggette.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'd like to keep Garnett at center. He's been playing great there.

Getting Garnett more big man help is a priority but I wouldn't necessarily be looking for a center. I'd prefer a power forward if possible.

I'm fairly confident Doc would stick with KG as the starting 5 and bring Kaman off the bench.

I wonder if Kaman would be more efficient with us.  He's been really bad around the rim this year, shooting around 50% in that range and getting almost 10% of his shots blocked.  But he's been great with that mid-range jumpshot.

No way we bring Kaman off the bench.
Yeah, I don't think there is any chance of that either although it would be my preference to do so.

What makes you think so?  Doc stated plainly that he would start Bass over JO even if JO came back healthy.  Talked about how much he liked KG's advantages at the 5.

I think he'd stick to his guns and value speed in the starting line-up, and slot Kaman into the role Wilcox and Stiemsma have filled.
Thats because we had no choice and were awful with JO at center it wasnt working. I like the move let's do it one last run ya never know what happens.

It was the lack of speed that I believe bothered Doc most about starting JO.  If there's anyone in the NBA slower than JO, it's Kaman. 
Kaman might have a funny stride and not be dwight howard running up and down the court but he is mobile and far faster than JO.  Maybe he couldn't beat wilcox down the court but he is no way slow.  A good low post presence who's game would go way up playing with rondo and kg's interior passing.  Would be a great trade for the celtics and I'd think he'd resign with them.

I forgot last year Shaq was running a 4.3 40.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Chris Kaman is a no brainer if the cost is Avery or JaJuan

and yes, I know that Avery scored 6 straight points a couple of nights ago,