Author Topic: Alex Len  (Read 2857 times)

Alex Len
« on: June 14, 2018, 01:29:06 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Looks like Alex is about to become a FA, any interest if the price is right? Still young at 24 and moves well. I doubt he has much range but could easily replace GM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2vjPQ6JsA

Stats look decent over 36 mins

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lenal01.html

Re: Alex Len
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:45:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Looks like Alex is about to become a FA, any interest if the price is right? Still young at 24 and moves well. I doubt he has much range but could easily replace GM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2vjPQ6JsA

Stats look decent over 36 mins

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lenal01.html

Yes. Big bruiser, good rebounder, and potential to be a great defender.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The existence of players like Len in free agency is why I’m not too afraid of Baynes leaving.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Cue the obligatory "center are obsolete in today's NBA" post.

But in all seriousness I like Len a lot. Big body (7"1) whose an excellent screen setter and rim runner. Has a knack for getting under opponents skin. Also an underrated passer and mid range shooter..Actually reminds me of pre corpse Joakim Noah..he's just got to get out of that dumpster fire known as Phoenix if he wants to maximize his potential.

Doubt the celts could afford him but would be a great upgrade over Bayne I think.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Cue the obligatory "center are obsolete in today's NBA" post.

But in all seriousness I like Len a lot. Big body (7"1) whose an excellent screen setter and rim runner. Has a knack for getting under opponents skin. Also an underrated passer and mid range shooter..Actually reminds me of pre corpse Joakim Noah..he's just got to get out of that dumpster fire known as Phoenix if he wants to maximize his potential.

Doubt the celts could afford him but would be a great upgrade over Bayne I think.

Ehhh..

Depends on which Noah we talking about.. Top 7 MVP voting/DPOY Noah is a hard act to follow.

If he even can play anywhere close to that for the MLE, that's money.  :P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
center are obsolete in today's NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Alex Len could be a valuable piece, but I think his feel for the game is absolute garbage, and I haven't seen it improve. He lacks confidence, he has been jerked around by his coaches since year 1. I think if they'd never signed Tyson Chandler the Suns would have extended Len. But they didn't. Cuz they're the Suns.

On paper he could be an elite defensive rebounder, an agile and willing defender, and at worst a rim runner, but he's got some touch too.

But in practice he's wildly inconsistent when you give him any leash and even his motor, which was his calling card early, doesn't look that great. Alan Williams basically did everything Len does better a year ago and basically forced him from the rotation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Alex Len could be a valuable piece, but I think his feel for the game is absolute garbage, and I haven't seen it improve. He lacks confidence, he has been jerked around by his coaches since year 1. I think if they'd never signed Tyson Chandler the Suns would have extended Len. But they didn't. Cuz they're the Suns.

On paper he could be an elite defensive rebounder, an agile and willing defender, and at worst a rim runner, but he's got some touch too.

But in practice he's wildly inconsistent when you give him any leash and even his motor, which was his calling card early, doesn't look that great. Alan Williams basically did everything Len does better a year ago and basically forced him from the rotation.

Len played 20 minutes a game in 69 games, similar to his career averages. He wasn’t forced from the rotation by anyone — he was still in it.

I do agree he’s been jerked around and needs better coaching.  He seems like the type of guy who could use a 1-2 year Brad Stevens reclamation effort.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Speaking of chandler, why have the suns kept him trapped on that team this whole time?

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Len played 20 minutes a game in 69 games, similar to his career averages. He wasn’t forced from the rotation by anyone — he was still in it.

I was actually talking about when Alan Williams started getting consistent 20+ minute nights in the 16-17 season, but you're still right. Len and Williams basically both averaged ~21 minutes per game. Williams was better though.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think he's a stiff.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I do agree he’s been jerked around and needs better coaching.  He seems like the type of guy who could use a 1-2 year Brad Stevens reclamation effort.

While I would prefer targeting Ben Lammers, not to mention Daniel Ochefu (again ;D), as to what kind of offer would you make for the guy? We'll call it the...Len-Lease (Contr)act ;) ::) ;D *groan*.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 11:26:57 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

While I would prefer targeting Ben Lammers, not to mention Daniel Ochefu (again ;D), as to what kind of offer would you make for the guy? We'll call it the...Len-Lease (Contr)act ;) ::) ;D *groan*.

I can’t tell if you’re serious.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I can’t tell if you’re serious.

About what?

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 11:58:21 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Great potential. I like projects like this!