Author Topic: Where do you go for a date?  (Read 14160 times)

Re: Where do you go for a date?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
swing dancing... show you're butch enough to try it.

Or do what dark_lord does and take her Bantha hunting on Tatooine in the outer Rim.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:53:31 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ahh Newport, my old stomping grounds.  How about the Bird Sactuary at Third Beach?  You can never go wrong with an Ocean Dr with stops at Hazards Beach and Brenton Point.  The cliff walk is always nice too, and there is even a good cliff-jumping spot in front Doris Duke's place out at the point.

Lots of night life too.  For cheap drinks go to Cappy's and if you are feeling fancy I would reccomend the Cooke House or Star Bar. 

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
lol, the cliff walk, how could I forget? That's right over by my alma mater, Salve Regina University.  She seems pretty pumped about the murder mystery, and I mentioned the Death Star and shooting gallery to her.  She seemed extremely enthusiastic about the possibility of using a firearm, as well as, having the chance to hangout in a space station with Emperor Palpatine & friends.  Winter is just always a pain though.  I can't wait until the weather warms up, that'll definitely open up more things.  Thanks to everyone for their ideas..much appreciated.

PS, TP's for everyone who gave a suggestion...also, I was kidding about mentioning the death star, too, but not the shooting range.  But I'd def take a girl on the DS if it actually existed.  We could blow up a planet together..how romantic

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
comedy connection in East Providence

or

go see: Frank Santos, every Fri. night, 8 p.m., Kowloon Comedy Connection, 948 Broadway, Rte. 1 North, Saugus. R-rated hypnotist. $20/general. 617-248-9700 or www.comedyconnectionkowloon.com.

Santos is very very funny...just dont let yourself get hypnotized...probably not that funny if it happened to you.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Take her to a basketball game at PC or URI. If she doesn't like basketball, you need to rethink the relationship.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
chicks like to go ice skating.  My gf always begs me to take her ice skating, maybe you should bring her ice skating at the outdoor rink in providence.

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not sure what you guys are in to, but plays, the orchestra, museums, etc., can always be a good time.  Weekend trips are always a lot of fun, too.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
indy pro-wrestling
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
So my girlfriend lives in RI, where I am originally from.  Every weekend, I make my way down there from the Boston area & normally we go out to dinner/movie, dinner and say go to a place like Dave & Buster's, or to dinner then go back to her house to watch a movie.  While this is all good stuff, it does get old if you keep doing it for 3-4-5 weeks straight. We've gone to 2 Celtics games this year, the last Patriots game of the season up in Buffalo in December, so we do some fun stuff. However, outside of that, the routine seems to be stuck in this pattern of just going to dinner & a movie.  It sucks because it is currently winter, thus meaning no mini golf places are open or there is nothing really to do that is outdoorsy, like going to the beach.  I mean, we could go bowling, shoot pool, go to a place & have a drink.  I'm 24, she is 20, but she has a fake ID.  Anyways, its kind of difficult to decide what to do because she says no to a lot of things...ie, bowling, pool, getting a drink...its as if she complains we do the same thing all the time, but when I try to think of other activities, she shoots them down.  I've mentioned ice skating, sledding/tubing, but still, "no."  Anyone have any ideas? 

Celticsblog.

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

...what can I say, I'm a helpless romantic.  ;D

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

...what can I say, I'm a helpless romantic.  ;D

I assume you take her through the drive through and don't actually go in...that'd be wayy too classy.  Also, to show her who's the boss, order for her, I'd say go with a fillet-o-fish and a baked apple pie, with a kids diet cola
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
In high school I once had a date who refused to go see the movie I, Robot with me. She instead insisted on playing mini golf, and it was incredibly boring. Girls can be picky, picky, picky.  When a girl doesn't want to see Big Willie it's time to break up...

You still talking about Will Smith there?

Wife and I usually do dinner dates, but that can get pricey if you're still young and not making much $$.  Took us a while to pay off the credit card debt we accumulated when we used to go out every weekend.  Wasn't really a "date" since we were living together at the time, but we'd just go hang out in the city for a day and get some Indian food, or go into town and browse used bookstores and record shops for hours. 

If you're enjoying who you're with, it doesn't really matter what you do; whatever's going on around you is secondary. 

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
So my girlfriend lives in RI, where I am originally from.  Every weekend, I make my way down there from the Boston area & normally we go out to dinner/movie, dinner and say go to a place like Dave & Buster's, or to dinner then go back to her house to watch a movie.  While this is all good stuff, it does get old if you keep doing it for 3-4-5 weeks straight. We've gone to 2 Celtics games this year, the last Patriots game of the season up in Buffalo in December, so we do some fun stuff. However, outside of that, the routine seems to be stuck in this pattern of just going to dinner & a movie.  It sucks because it is currently winter, thus meaning no mini golf places are open or there is nothing really to do that is outdoorsy, like going to the beach.  I mean, we could go bowling, shoot pool, go to a place & have a drink.  I'm 24, she is 20, but she has a fake ID.  Anyways, its kind of difficult to decide what to do because she says no to a lot of things...ie, bowling, pool, getting a drink...its as if she complains we do the same thing all the time, but when I try to think of other activities, she shoots them down.  I've mentioned ice skating, sledding/tubing, but still, "no."  Anyone have any ideas? 

I noticed a few decent suggestions, but I feel the majority of suggestions you received you already tried to bring forward to your woman already.

I'm confused...does your woman not enjoy an alcoholic beverage or is she just tired with the whole "going out for a drink" thing? (Personally, I hate "going for a drink". I feel as though I'm paying a premium for an atmosphere I could care less about, the dreaded commute, its too loud to hear anything, terrible music, etc...). 

Since the cliff-walk has already been suggested...my suggestions are as follows:

1. Hit Bellevue Avenue and take her on that 10-mile Ocean drive. She will be dazzled by the ocean view and will be salivating at the mouth at the size of the mansions along the drive.

2. Hit the Newport Dinner Train Ride. The reviews are hilariously awful. Either you'll enjoy the experience or you will hate it, but either way you and your girl will be talking about if for the next (gulp) decade.

3. (I know this one is not possible during the winter but figured I'd throw it in anyways)..."From May to October, bonfires are lit on the three rivers of downtown Providence as part of a unique urban sculpture by award-winning artist Barnaby Evans. Together with music from around the world, the glow and aroma of the fires create an enchanting atmosphere for onlookers."

Hope that helps (now TP me up! ;D)
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
In high school I once had a date who refused to go see the movie I, Robot with me. She instead insisted on playing mini golf, and it was incredibly boring. Girls can be picky, picky, picky. When a girl doesn't want to see Big Willie it's time to break up...

So thats what kids are calling it these days ;)

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo

I noticed a few decent suggestions, but I feel the majority of suggestions you received you already tried to bring forward to your woman already.

I'm confused...does your woman not enjoy an alcoholic beverage or is she just tired with the whole "going out for a drink" thing? (Personally, I hate "going for a drink". I feel as though I'm paying a premium for an atmosphere I could care less about, the dreaded commute, its too loud to hear anything, terrible music, etc...). 

Since the cliff-walk has already been suggested...my suggestions are as follows:

1. Hit Bellevue Avenue and take her on that 10-mile Ocean drive. She will be dazzled by the ocean view and will be salivating at the mouth at the size of the mansions along the drive.

2. Hit the Newport Dinner Train Ride. The reviews are hilariously awful. Either you'll enjoy the experience or you will hate it, but either way you and your girl will be talking about if for the next (gulp) decade.

3. (I know this one is not possible during the winter but figured I'd throw it in anyways)..."From May to October, bonfires are lit on the three rivers of downtown Providence as part of a unique urban sculpture by award-winning artist Barnaby Evans. Together with music from around the world, the glow and aroma of the fires create an enchanting atmosphere for onlookers."

Hope that helps (now TP me up! ;D)

To answer your question about going out for a drink.  Basically its 2 things...1) She is sometimes afraid to use her fake ID, she once got caught using it to enter a night club, but luckily they gave it back to her & told her to split.  Secondly, I don't think she is really down for just going out and hanging at a place, kicking back with a couple drinks, talking about different things.  She is still in the party hard phase, whereas I am now at the stage I can live without it.  Not saying I won't go to a party if the opportunity presents itself, but my weekends no longer revolve full circle around them anymore.

I've definitely been browsing the gonewport.com website today, have found some good things.  I did see that dinner train, that looks pretty cool, too.  I purchased tickets for a murder mystery tour at the Astor Beechwood Mansion for Friday night down in Newport.  Probably grab some dinner down there, as well.  Here's your TP, too.