Poll

Who Should be "Shown The Love"?  (editor's comments)

BuckeyeCelt --  Bleeds Green & has passed it on to 7 month old daughter!!!
1 (1.2%)
BudweiserCeltic -- "I will be alone for Valentine's. I need some love, so please show me some."
3 (3.5%)
Chanpkind -- Has to live in Indianapolis
2 (2.4%)
drza44 --  Was a diehard TWolves fan & Bengal fan, has paid his sports dues and looking for a reward
1 (1.2%)
CelticsWhat35 -- Very proud of getting into a verbal tiff w/ Mario Elie after a Celts game
2 (2.4%)
BigTicket -- Life long Minnesota fan who's teams are a farm system to the Boston sports scene.
3 (3.5%)
Redz -- Willing to show the love right back (not clear if you have to expose yourself first though?)
2 (2.4%)
Celtics1990 -- 2 week suspension from school computers for visiting Celticsblog
2 (2.4%)
Truck Lewis -- The poor guy is channeling A-Rod
3 (3.5%)
Casperian -- Vote for him is an anti-vote for Kobe (not sure how that works in real life, but it's what he claims)
1 (1.2%)
Hoyo de Monterrey  -- In the dog house for quittin in the middle of doing the deed with his lady to watch the last 30 seconds of a tie game (Dude, what are you nuts???)
5 (5.9%)
Nickagenta -- either because he thinks it's not easy being a Celitcs fan or because he loves Kermit T Frog (not exactly sure which he was trying to convey)
3 (3.5%)
Roy Hobbs -- Gives out tons of TPs, approaching 1800 TPs and is in a happy healthy relationship with a young lady (hopefully not too young)
5 (5.9%)
YallHate -- Is misunderstood by some in the CB community
1 (1.2%)
Edgar -- Ask Edgar thread
6 (7.1%)
Fairweatherfan -- Claims your mother, girlfriend / wife is calling him & he's ready to start returning calls (Hey, I am just typing what is posted)
2 (2.4%)
Celtic -- Told Michael Thompson to his face that he and the Lakers sucked... when I was 8! (spelt Mychal)
4 (4.7%)
KCatthestripe -- Fenced on Red Auerbach court at Brandeis Univeristy (Would have won hands down if it was "fenced w/ Red)
2 (2.4%)
SSFan 4.0 -- Gives all new posters TPs, humble and is recovering from pneumonia & humble (can't stress the humble part enough)
3 (3.5%)
Tnerb02 -- Started liking the Celts when Antoine was the best player (No mention of Brett Szabo)
1 (1.2%)
Greg683x -- Is buying a Boston Terrier in a few weeks, has already bought it a Celtics shirt  (A BU Terrier?)
0 (0%)
RebusRankin -- I am Canadian  (So is Shania, I'll give her TPs all day long)
1 (1.2%)
SquishPCFriar -- Is confessing the love to the GF this weekend (yikes)
2 (2.4%)
Dark_Lord -- "Even a dark lord of the sith needs a little love"
5 (5.9%)
zerophase -- Worried about getting accepted into an elite college this month (All you public college students & grads, he's asking for your love)
0 (0%)
BigAlTheFuture -- "I'm broke, I love the Celtics, I hate the Lakers, my car almost got stolen last night, and I love you guys."  (Almost stolen, kind of like almost pregnant)
1 (1.2%)
KW10 -- He and girlfriend refer to Kobe as the rapist (nothing like true puppy love bonding)
1 (1.2%)
CDIF911 -- started the SOTOTT Thread  (ok, I put this one in, but it is the coolest thread ever!!)
2 (2.4%)
RAcker -- Lives in Alabama and the Celts are 4-0 in games he's attended  (Auburn or the Tide?)
1 (1.2%)
FLCeltsfan -- Hubby watches NBA with her
8 (9.4%)
AustrianCelticfan -- Only Celtic (hoops not football) fan in Austria
2 (2.4%)
MBZ -- "A girl wouldn't start a relationship with me because she said she could never top my love of the Celtics"  (not sure where to being on this one)
3 (3.5%)
shiz1111 -- sacrafised big time for many months on personal items to buy hubby 60" to watch Celts games (Pretty cool)
4 (4.7%)
AMC -- Son will be chirstened tomorrow wearing green & white (promises pictures)
3 (3.5%)
Toine43 -- "Watched the Celtics game last night instead of finishing a reseach paper and getting sleep"
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: February 24, 2009, 02:20:04 AM

Author Topic: WE HAVE SHOWN THE LOVE -- 3 WAY WINNER!!!  (Read 47881 times)

WE HAVE SHOWN THE LOVE -- 3 WAY WINNER!!!
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
In honor of the immortal words of the great Barry White; "Can't get enough of your love, Babe" and to embrace the impending Hallmark Holiday, I present to you:

The "Show Me The Love" Valentine's Day CelticBlog TP Contest

All entries will win at least 1 TP and the winner of the final voting will be shown the love and win 25 TPs!!

Rules:

In two sentences or less, tell us why this Valentine's Day you deserve to be Shown the love from your fellow CelticBloggers.

Most if not all (depending on how many options the poll will allow us to have) will be entered on Friday night and on Saturday night the one with the most votes will be Shown the Love.

This poll is open to all Celticsbloggers especially the ones who sometimes feel unloved.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:23:55 PM by SShorefan 4.0 »
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

Re: The "Show Me The Love" Valentine's Day CelticBlog TP Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:22 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
My daughter clapped for the first time when she was 7 months old, the exact moment that the Celtics locked up number 17 against the Fakers (just as Rivers got a gatorade bath)...

Obviously I bleed Green and I have passed it on to my daughter!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I will be alone for Valentine's. I need some love, so please show me some.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I wont be greedy and ask for any TP's, I'm happy as is.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I have to live in Indianapolis.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Before last season I had spent the last decade as a Timberwolves die-hard and I've spent my whole life as a Bengals die-hard.  I have paid (and paid and paid) my sports dues even through historic futility, and now deserve some rewards.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:04:48 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I once gave Mario Elie the Kiss of Death after a Celtics game when he was an assistant coach.  I called out his name and he turned to shake my hand, thinking I was a fan of his.  Needless to say, what followed out of his mouth was something not appropriate for this blog, but I could tell he died a little inside.  Very proud moment for me.  8)

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:45 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Because us Minnesotan sports die hards haven't seen a title in over 17 years, but have seen our teams act as a quasi-farm system for New England dominance!  Return the favor, Show me some love!  :-*

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Show me the love.

If you show me yours, I'll show you mine.  :-*

Yup

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16:21 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I got booted off the computers in school for two weeks yesterday for going on Celtics Blog. Show me some love.
UBUNTU

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 11:27:12 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
As of last friday, i was considered one of the greatest athletes of all time and seen by many as a possible savior of baseball's purity....now in the last four days it has not only come out that I cheated by using steroids for the 3 most productive years of my career, which resulted in complete destruction of my reputation including being blasted on the cover of the major newspaper of my own team and utter damage to the legacy i will eventually leave, but it has also be reported that I have a passion for extremely masculine exotic dancers.....wait, that wasnt me,,,nevermind, im ok.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Masta Ace sums it up for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQgm3qRPio

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 11:30:19 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
A vote for me is a vote against Kobe Bryant... :P
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I was "showing my girlfriend some love" during the second half of the Celts-Sixers game when I noticed it was 97-97 with 30 seconds or so left, so I stopped to watch the end of the game. CB should show me some love, because God knows she isn't right now.  ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I get plenty of TP's for the game threads and I don't need more from the contest. But I guess this is as good a time as any to say I love every one of my fellow Celtics fans!  You guys are the best there is and if I could vote for every one of you, I would.  Happy Valentine's Day to each and every one of you!   

I have a daughter turning 13 the day before Valentine's day (the youngest- the oldest is 33) and so I need help that not even Tommy Points can give me!  Why is it they turn into some type of zombie creatures when they hit their teens?