Author Topic: KG's Finals shoes  (Read 7813 times)

KG's Finals shoes
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:43:24 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Kevin Garnett, the Celtics, and adidas will announce today the launch of a version of his 2008-09 Team Signature Commander shoe that will be used during the Finals and will raise money for a Boston charity. Adidas will produce only eight pairs per game to be sold at retail. One pair autographed by Garnett will be auctioned off on NBA.com after the Finals, with proceeds going to NBA Cares community partners in the Boston area.

"All season long it has been about we and not me, so as we head into the NBA Finals I wanted to do something special for the Boston community. That is why we came up with this limited edition shoe," Garnett said in a statement. "Since Day One, the fans of Boston have made me feel like family, so to do this and be able to give back to them is a great honor."

Although the shoe won't be launched on a widespread basis until October, Garnett will wear a pair with the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy on the side and the game number highlighted in green. The shoes also will bear tributes to two of Garnett's late friends, former Timberwolves teammate Malik Sealy and ex-Twins center fielder Kirby Puckett. They'll be acknowledged with "2 Malik" under the strap and "KP34" on the back.

Link.

Those are some nice looking kicks.  I have no idea what is meant by "Adidas will produce only eight pairs per game to be sold at retail", however.

EDIT:  Ah...  the Globe left out some of the details, which explains the "retail" thing.

The shoes are valued at $1017 to represent the Celtics' hunt for their 17th world championship. All profits will go to the Boston-area NBA Cares community partners.

While the Team Signature KG Commander is scheduled to launch in October, only eight limited edition pairs will be sold per game. They will be available at the TD Banknorth Garden Pro Shop in Boston, the NBA Store in New York, and online at Celtics.com. Garnett will also autograph one pair to be auctioned off on NBA.com after the Finals.

Link.

Anybody want to drop $1000 on a pair of sneakers?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: KG's Finals shoes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:46:54 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Since they want
to represent the Celtics' hunt for their 17th world championship

and the
profits will go to the Boston-area NBA Cares community partners.

why not make 1717 pairs at 17$ ?  ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 05:49:30 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
some nice kicks there indeed, but $1017? not for me i'm afraid.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
man i miss the days of the understated basketball shoe.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Those are some nick kicks. LOL. Wish I had one.  :(
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
That is sick...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I wish I had my face on my shoes.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »

Offline cdawg617

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
I find many BBall shoes to be ugly these days but those look NICE.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
These are great as an artistic piece, but no way I'd buy those shoes to wear. With all that crazy stuff on it this would fall apart in a second. Very space age though!

I sure wish I had 1000 dollars that I could blow on a pair of shoes I'd never wear! Must be nice to have the cash...