Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 147407 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2009, 08:19:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As I said when starting this, I think the first few years should just be automatics.

1st year should be Jeff Master and Master Po.
2nd year should be some behind the scenes people Jeff might want to honor.
3rd year through 5th years should be some longtime contributors.

After that, let the CBHOF membership vote on who they think should be inducted. I think the full membership of Celticsblog voting would be wrong. Let the Hall of Fame membership decide who to bring in and why and Jeff gets last say and approval.

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
who determines who is nominated?

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
What tha?  I'm with Dark Lord of the C's.

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ahh yes, it is the offseason isn't it?

this may still have to wait (for me at least) until the slower season, but we'll get to it soon enough

please note: there are some missing archives at http://celticsblog.wordpress.com that never made it to the new SBN site (I'm working with the tech team to make that happen) but you can see them at that site for now at least
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

this may still have to wait (for me at least) until the slower season, but we'll get to it soon enough

please note: there are some missing archives at http://celticsblog.wordpress.com that never made it to the new SBN site (I'm working with the tech team to make that happen) but you can see them at that site for now at least
Wow that site takes me back....

Good ole' Ricky Davis days. They were good right?  :-X

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 05:44:29 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter

they weren't as bad as some make them out to be - that team with Davis, Walker, Payton etc. did win a division title (for what that was worth) - but they imploded against the Pacers which gave everyone a bad taste in their mouths

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2009, 06:30:24 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
As I said when starting this, I think the first few years should just be automatics.

1st year should be Jeff, celticmaestro and Master Po.
2nd year should be some behind the scenes people Jeff might want to honor.
3rd year through 5th years should be some longtime contributors.

After that, let the CBHOF membership vote on who they think should be inducted. I think the full membership of Celticsblog voting would be wrong. Let the Hall of Fame membership decide who to bring in and why and Jeff gets last say and approval.

I agree Nick.

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2009, 07:05:50 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
starting a new thread for year 1 inductees - we'll see how many of you actually remember those days

please forgive me if I missed anyone in those first two years - my memory gets foggy going back 5 years, ...or even 5 minutes
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:46:11 AM by Jeff »

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
For the life of me I can't remember when I joined.  I think this is the third site platform I have been on, but I don't remember that wordpress site at all (of course that doesn't mean I wasn't going to it then).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:43 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
For the life of me I can't remember when I joined.  I think this is the third site platform I have been on, but I don't remember that wordpress site at all (of course that doesn't mean I wasn't going to it then).

the wordpress site I've been linking to here is just a place-holder for the content that got lost when I couldn't save the other wordpress site - that is why it doesn't look familiar

long story, but basically we had server crashes, virus infections (the computer kind), overflowing spam, and if memory serves, even a little hacking that went on - all of which made Bob Day that much more of a savior in 2006

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

they weren't as bad as some make them out to be - that team with Davis, Walker, Payton etc. did win a division title (for what that was worth) - but they imploded against the Pacers which gave everyone a bad taste in their mouths
I remember that playoff series very well. I felt so bad for Perkins in game 6 coming off the bench cold to try and win a game from the line....

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
visual history lesson

here are some screenshots from all the prior versions

http://www.celticsblog.com/2008/10/20/645420/celticsblog-is-joining-sbn

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2009, 09:01:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
visual history lesson

I only started coming here after my brother pointed me to the KG rumors. So I missed the early days.

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
visual history lesson

man, I still enjoy looking back at the old screen shots - what a trip down memory lane

and a little bird told me that we might see version 6.0 in a little while - stay tuned!

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There's just so much stuff to look through and posts to read and contributors to think about to get this all done properly. I remember CB3.0, that's when I started reading but really didn't have the time to contribute until the end of that 2006-07 disaster of a season. Looking back at the older versions definitely does spark some memories.