Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 115246 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2022, 07:26:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Overall that was a pretty exciting week of football.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2022, 07:27:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Aaron Rodgers get another W over Brady. Ugh lol

Stupid delay of game on a 2-pt conversion and Leftwich is garbage with the playcalls lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2022, 07:28:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Overall that was a pretty exciting week of football.

For sure.

Also that Brady drive at the end, I know they got the delay-of-game and missed the 2-point conversion but man as a Pats fan I missed that a lot. Down a touchdown, less than 4 minutes to go and vintage Brady getting it done. I do like Mac Jones but we haven't seen him able to do it yet, though I know it's only his 2nd year and the coaching staff around him is bad
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2022, 07:29:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Stupid delay of game on a 2-pt conversion and Leftwich is garbage with the playcalls lol

My Dad and sis were watching with me and my Dad even said when they panned to him and Todd Bowles like, "do these coaches even do anything" LOL. It's legit Brady. Coach AND team GM (who got Bruce Arians "fired")

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2022, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

My Dad and sis were watching with me and my Dad even said when they panned to him and Todd Bowles like, "do these coaches even do anything" LOL. It's legit Brady. Coach AND team GM (who got Bruce Arians "fired")

That whole coaching squad is garbage LOL. And that Bowles' special with the blitz burned him when Lazard torched Winfield Jr for 26-yard gain. I mean, glad it eventually became a punt but meh the result of the game was disappointing if you're a Brady fan/Rodgers-hater. Next time Brady should just do all the playcalling ahahah

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2022, 07:42:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

That whole coaching squad is garbage LOL. And that Bowles' special with the blitz burned him when Lazard torched Winfield Jr for 26-yard gain. I mean, glad it eventually became a punt but meh the result of the game was disappointing if you're a Brady fan/Rodgers-hater. Next time Brady should just do all the playcalling ahahah

Also think to last season against the Rams in the playoffs. Tied it up, but then immediately send an all-out blitz and let Stafford air it out 1-on-1 for a fairly easy catch which set up the easy FG winner.

Bruce Arians, Bowles, etc. are solid but it's definitely Brady running everything there. And when someone "retaliates", they get banished (Arians this past March lol)

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2022, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Next week has some quality games (at least on paper).

Bengals are almost in a must win on Thursday against the Dolphins (who are the only unbeaten team in the AFC).

Ravens/Bills loser will be 2-2, which isn't a good start to the year for them, while the winner will set itself up well with that head to head tiebreaker.

Jags/Eagles is a lot more interesting after seeing what the Jags did today.

Patriots are basically in a must win against the Packers in Green Bay.

Chiefs/Bucs on Sunday night may very well be the last time the GOAT plays the best player in the world.

Rams/Niners on Monday night has huge NFC West implications. 

Seems like a bit more intrigue than you'd expect from week 4. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2022, 11:26:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Watching the 49ers v Denver, and I do not miss Jimmy G!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2022, 01:26:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Next week has some quality games (at least on paper).

Bengals are almost in a must win on Thursday against the Dolphins (who are the only unbeaten team in the AFC).

Ravens/Bills loser will be 2-2, which isn't a good start to the year for them, while the winner will set itself up well with that head to head tiebreaker.

Jags/Eagles is a lot more interesting after seeing what the Jags did today.

Patriots are basically in a must win against the Packers in Green Bay.

Chiefs/Bucs on Sunday night may very well be the last time the GOAT plays the best player in the world.

Rams/Niners on Monday night has huge NFC West implications. 

Seems like a bit more intrigue than you'd expect from week 4.

Someone's about to lose two games in a row.

Week 4 is basically a quarter through the season...so fast.

« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2022, 09:07:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, The Associated Press has learned.

The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed "The Pro Bowl Games" and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football and non-football skills in challenges over several days. The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Feb. 5.

Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company will help shape programming and promote the event's content throughout the week. Manning, a 14-time Pro Bowl pick during his Hall of Fame career, will provide his perspective and will also be a part of the coaching staff for flag game.

"The Pro Bowl is something that we've been looking at for a while, really continuing to evolve," NFL executive Peter O'Reilly told The Associated Press. "Coming out of last year's game, we really made the decision based on a lot of internal conversations, getting feedback from GMs and coaches, getting a lot of feedback from players. We think there's a real opportunity to do something wholly different here and move away from the traditional tackle football game. We decided the goal is to celebrate 88 of the biggest stars in the NFL in a really positive, fun, yet competitive way.

Good for getting rid of the Pro Bowl.

Bad for replacing it, in part, with flag football.  The biggest Pro Bowl related injury I can think of -- Robert Edwards -- was a flag football injury.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2022, 09:08:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, The Associated Press has learned.

The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed "The Pro Bowl Games" and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football and non-football skills in challenges over several days. The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Feb. 5.

Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company will help shape programming and promote the event's content throughout the week. Manning, a 14-time Pro Bowl pick during his Hall of Fame career, will provide his perspective and will also be a part of the coaching staff for flag game.

"The Pro Bowl is something that we've been looking at for a while, really continuing to evolve," NFL executive Peter O'Reilly told The Associated Press. "Coming out of last year's game, we really made the decision based on a lot of internal conversations, getting feedback from GMs and coaches, getting a lot of feedback from players. We think there's a real opportunity to do something wholly different here and move away from the traditional tackle football game. We decided the goal is to celebrate 88 of the biggest stars in the NFL in a really positive, fun, yet competitive way.

Bad for replacing it, in part, with flag football.  The biggest Pro Bowl related injury I can think of -- Robert Edwards -- was a flag football injury.

Hopefully, they won't be dumb enough to play it on a beach this time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

If I recall, Robert Edwards was hurt in a beach football game, so if they keep it on turf, it’s probably a bit safer.

« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2022, 12:08:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I bet they have more leg injuries in flag football as opposed to regular
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

If I recall, Robert Edwards was hurt in a beach football game, so if they keep it on turf, it’s probably a bit safer.

Yes - stay away from the beach!

The worst hit I've ever experienced was in flag football in college.  The reality is that to get a flag you have to put your body into people to slow them down. I used to basically get in front of the runner, slow their progress while grabbing the flag.  On a kickoff runback (no pads of course, which I assume will be the case with NFL flag football) I got in front of the runner and he barreled into me -- felt like he broke every bone in my body.  The guy was probably about half the size, half the strength, half the speed (probably less then half in all categories), of a typical NFL player. 

« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2022, 03:24:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm starting to wonder if we've overrated Wilson all this time.

He's still a great QB. But I personally viewed the success of the Seahawks between 2013-2016 primarily due to their Legion of Boom defense. I was in the minority who felt that, others said Wilson was just elite like Manning/Brady/Rodgers. But idk, since the Seahawks lost most of their elite players on defense Wilson's looked fairly meh. I know his O-Line hasn't been great over the years either but so far in Denver with a new coach and a lot of playmakers around him, he's looked below average and at times putrid.