Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 118420 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm starting to wonder if we've overrated Wilson all this time.

He's still a great QB. But I personally viewed the success of the Seahawks between 2013-2016 primarily due to their Legion of Boom defense. I was in the minority who felt that, others said Wilson was just elite like Manning/Brady/Rodgers. But idk, since the Seahawks lost most of their elite players on defense Wilson's looked fairly meh. I know his O-Line hasn't been great over the years either but so far in Denver with a new coach and a lot of playmakers around him, he's looked below average and at times putrid.

It's not helping that his head coach seems in over his head. 

It's very ugly 2-1.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2022, 05:51:03 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm starting to wonder if we've overrated Wilson all this time.

He's still a great QB. But I personally viewed the success of the Seahawks between 2013-2016 primarily due to their Legion of Boom defense. I was in the minority who felt that, others said Wilson was just elite like Manning/Brady/Rodgers. But idk, since the Seahawks lost most of their elite players on defense Wilson's looked fairly meh. I know his O-Line hasn't been great over the years either but so far in Denver with a new coach and a lot of playmakers around him, he's looked below average and at times putrid.

It's not helping that his head coach seems in over his head. 

It's very ugly 2-1.

Also not the first QB that struggled with a new system.

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Will the Ravens win a chip with Lamar? I don’t think so. They need to rebuild their defense, and I’m not sure Harbaugh is as good as some think. In fact, I think Harbaugh has been overrated.

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2022, 06:42:56 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Will the Ravens win a chip with Lamar? I don’t think so. They need to rebuild their defense, and I’m not sure Harbaugh is as good as some think. In fact, I think Harbaugh has been overrated.

Not until they get him a better wr.

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2022, 07:04:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Ravens offense will be fine once Dobbins gets his legs back. The defense is the thing that will hold them back.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2022, 08:12:26 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Harbaugh lucked out with Ray Lewis and that monstrosity of a defense back then.

His team hasn't sniffed past the divisional rounds since their Superbowl run

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2022, 09:21:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Which is actually pretty common, especially when you don't have a top 5 QB on the roster.  Seattle is right there and they even had arguably a top 5 QB and haven't been past the divisional round since the back-to-back Superbowls. Pittsburgh, just 1 conference championship game appearance since they lost the 2010 Super Bowl and they had a HOF QB every single season until this year.  Denver hasn't even made the playoffs since they won the Super Bowl in 2015.  Tampa Bay since they won the Super Bowl in 2002 had just 2 wild card appearances before Brady took them back to the Super Bowl.  Indianapolis had just 1 conference game appearance since losing the 2009 Super Bowl and that was with Manning or Luck pretty much every year.  That Super Bowl the Saints won, they also had just 1 conference game appearance after it and that is with Sean Payton coaching and Drew Brees at QB just about every year. 

Brady was so good for so long, I think it created this weird unrealistic expectation of what teams were supposed to be, especially given he took way less money than the other top tier QB's.  Most teams don't find sustained success like that, especially after they have to pay their QB's.  We will see if the Chiefs and Mahomes can keep it up now that Mahomes is getting paid.  The Bills, like the Ravens, have 1 more year before the mega QB contract kicks in. 

« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2022, 11:57:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Cooper Rush...is he for reals? Dak miraculously could be ready to go next week lol.

The Cowboys have some interesting decisions to make.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2022, 03:40:35 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Which is actually pretty common, especially when you don't have a top 5 QB on the roster.  Seattle is right there and they even had arguably a top 5 QB and haven't been past the divisional round since the back-to-back Superbowls. Pittsburgh, just 1 conference championship game appearance since they lost the 2010 Super Bowl and they had a HOF QB every single season until this year.  Denver hasn't even made the playoffs since they won the Super Bowl in 2015.  Tampa Bay since they won the Super Bowl in 2002 had just 2 wild card appearances before Brady took them back to the Super Bowl.  Indianapolis had just 1 conference game appearance since losing the 2009 Super Bowl and that was with Manning or Luck pretty much every year.  That Super Bowl the Saints won, they also had just 1 conference game appearance after it and that is with Sean Payton coaching and Drew Brees at QB just about every year. 

Brady was so good for so long, I think it created this weird unrealistic expectation of what teams were supposed to be, especially given he took way less money than the other top tier QB's.  Most teams don't find sustained success like that, especially after they have to pay their QB's.  We will see if the Chiefs and Mahomes can keep it up now that Mahomes is getting paid.  The Bills, like the Ravens, have 1 more year before the mega QB contract kicks in.

Lamar won MVP. The Ravens have underperformed. They have a good QB, TE, and kicker with an overrated coach.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:49:40 AM by MarcusSmartFanClub »

« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2022, 01:06:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Saw the Dolphins left Florida early so they were practicing at the University of Cincinnati (the stadium is in the middle of the campus) and of course someone filmed their walk through, in which Tua was running plays.  Tua, of course, has been listed as questionable, but there he was running the offense getting ready for the game tonight.  And this is why teams don't like to practice in strange places where they don't have total control of the facility.  The cat is out of the bag on that one.

« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2022, 08:39:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Man there's no denying what a monster addition Tyreek Hill was for the Dolphins. He's having a huge impact and he just adds another element to that offense which makes them very dangerous.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2022, 09:31:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yikes.  Best wishes to Tua on that one.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

That was awful. The fingers curling… I’ve never seen anything like that.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2022, 09:45:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah.  Sounds like something neurological.  Confirmed injuries to head and neck.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2022, 10:36:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

Yeah.  Sounds like something neurological.  Confirmed injuries to head and neck.

Totally forgot that he had a concussion not even a week ago. Look how wobbly he was… Out on his feet.  :-X

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbanksburner/status/1575664521212936193?s=20&t=hV2DLR_4yZWGmgwtd4AbuQ

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.