Author Topic: The Pritchard situation:  (Read 5183 times)

Re: The Pritchard situation:
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 06:30:03 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I'm not a Pritchard guy but it's seven games into the season and you just signed him to a four-year extension -- you have to keep playing him and hope he sorts himself out over time. You're about 40 games away from giving up on him and benching him.

Agreed with this.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 07:13:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I'm not a Pritchard guy but it's seven games into the season and you just signed him to a four-year extension -- you have to keep playing him and hope he sorts himself out over time. You're about 40 games away from giving up on him and benching him.

Agreed with this.

7 games into the season in early November is such a small sample size. It's also why I don't put much stock in people freaking out over our 2 losses. As if we were going 82-0.

Things tend to revert to the median.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 08:10:16 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Nice to see Pritchard be more aggressive last night but he needs to hit more of those open 3s still.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 08:30:06 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Nice to see Pritchard be more aggressive last night but he needs to hit more of those open 3s still.

He will. He didn’t forget how to shoot. Pritchard will regain the confidence and get back to 40%.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 08:56:00 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He will. He didn’t forget how to shoot. Pritchard will regain the confidence and get back to 40%.

He's got the right attitude: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/payton-pritchard-talks-critical-boston-084938693.html

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 10:45:07 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807

He's got the right attitude: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/payton-pritchard-talks-critical-boston-084938693.html

I like what he has to say about his shooting problems.  He is becoming a better all around player.  I still like our bulldog!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 10:59:22 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

I like what he has to say about his shooting problems.  He is becoming a better all around player.  I still like our bulldog!

I agree.  We all know PP can shoot and he will regain his stroke.  The worry a lot of us had was the rest of his game.  He's proving he's more then a floor spacer.  He's playing aggressive D, rebounding and dropping some nice dimes.  Very pleased with his development. 

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2023, 11:00:47 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Trade him for Steph Curry
Have you seen Steph's contract? It will be immovable. They would have to give us a few picks.  8)
#JKJB

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2023, 05:21:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Trade him for Steph Curry
Have you seen Steph's contract? It will be immovable. They would have to give us a few picks.  8)

I was going to throw Puke Kornet in too …..deal of a lifetime for GS.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2023, 08:12:52 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
at some point Pritchard will regain his stroke. the guy is averaging 20% so far on the year but he's never averaged less than 36% from 3 which was last year.

Hauser seems to have regained his stroke. we look alot better when he's hitting open 3's off the bench. now if Horford can also regain his stroke our bench suddenly doesn't look so bad.

I wonder if Horford is just adjusting to his bench role. he shot 44% from 3 last year. averaging 24% thus far.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2023, 08:45:10 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Hope the game against the hornets was a start for pritchard. If he, Horford and Hauser can all hit their last season average from 3 this bench actually starts to look decent.

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2023, 08:47:59 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Hope the game against the hornets was a start for pritchard. If he, Horford and Hauser can all hit their last season average from 3 this bench actually starts to look decent.

We do really need those bench guys hitting shots. I really like it when Joe expands the rotation.

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2023, 09:01:33 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

We do really need those bench guys hitting shots. I really like it when Joe expands the rotation.
The inconsistency of the bench from game-to-game is killing them right now. Horford finds the fountain of youth, then loses it the next game. Hauser looks great and Pritchard can't buy a shot. Next game, they change places with Hauser clanking shots and Pritchard looking superb.....I guess most teams have inconsistent benches.

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2023, 09:05:56 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

The inconsistency of the bench from game-to-game is killing them right now. Horford finds the fountain of youth, then loses it the next game. Hauser looks great and Pritchard can't buy a shot. Next game, they change places with Hauser clanking shots and Pritchard looking superb.....I guess most teams have inconsistent benches.

This is actually the answer.  And the teams that don’t usually have weak starting lineups.

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2023, 09:09:38 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

This is actually the answer.  And the teams that don’t usually have weak starting lineups.

Yes.  Particularly on the road with the benches.