Author Topic: Anyone else taking a break from watching?  (Read 4318 times)

Re: Anyone else taking a break from watching?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Its funny this thread is the first thing I saw. Was busy last night but I record every game on the dvr to watch later if I cant catch the game. I havent missed a minute of a Celtics game in 10-15 years maybe. I try not to check social media to spoil it so its like watching live but even if I find out they lost I still sit through and watch.

Last night I checked the score and saw they lost another close one but when I saw that they gave up a 20-5 run to end the game I asked myself "is this worth even watching?" I just find myself so p'd off watching the stupidity that it ruins my nights so should I spend 2 hours watching? Luckily I can usually come here and vent with you guys and it really does help alot and for that im appreciative of this community.

Its so frustrating watching them attack the paint in the 1st and 3rd quarters just to throw up brick after brick in the 2nd and 4th. I know these guys are good enough to be great and it just feels like the coach is doing a terrible job. I hate the defensive strategy, the offensive strategy is nonexistent, and the lineups are just baffling half the time. Then when you hear the coach asked why we stopped attacking the paint when we were in the bonus for the last 8 minutes (charlotte game) and he blames the players (for the 10th time) I just shake my head. YOU are the head coach, if they arent listening to you then yank them from the game and put someone in who will. Hold these young men accountable. We have the 2nd best FT shooting team in the league and we dont take advantage of the bonus??

And the shot selection is horrific. When you see Jaylen run up and brick 3 straight contested 3s and hes clapping on the sidelines I lose hope. It's almost as if thats the strategy he told them to do. I said it in the summer that we needed a vet coach to handle the young egos but I was willing to give coach a chance. But about a month into the season I saw the writing on the wall, hes just not a good coach at all. We lose such winnable games its infuriating. Especially teams who are without their star player/s. Then you have guys like Embiid straight ROASTING our strategy post game. If its obvious to opposing teams and their players shouldnt it be obvious to our team? I know it is for me.

Brown, Tatum, and Rob Will are studs and I know we can build around them so im trying to keep faith. They just need the proper guidance when they get that tunnel vision. Although Tatum was 0-6 from three he had a great stat line and almost had a triple double, he has the skills to be a future MVP. I just wish we would get away from the iso ball.

But with that said, im a glutton for punishment so I will still probably end up watching the game today LOL  :-\ 

/end rant
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 10:57:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Definitely have reduced my attention to the Celtics. Usually I would always watch and if not available, I follow the play-by-play gamecast. The team plays dumb basketball and their lack of a competitive mindset just makes it worse. And our socially-responsible-hire of a head coach has blown up in Brad and the owners' faces, with the fans left to suffer. What a disaster.

I envy the Bulls for swooping in on Donovan when he became available. What a great hire.

Do you think he would have made a meaningful difference? I don't.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2022, 11:04:17 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I also record every game to watch later. I’ve been skipping entire games lately. The sad part is I don’t feel like I’m missing much.

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2022, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Definitely have reduced my attention to the Celtics. Usually I would always watch and if not available, I follow the play-by-play gamecast. The team plays dumb basketball and their lack of a competitive mindset just makes it worse. And our socially-responsible-hire of a head coach has blown up in Brad and the owners' faces, with the fans left to suffer. What a disaster.

I envy the Bulls for swooping in on Donovan when he became available. What a great hire.

Yup, I was telling everyone I wanted to hire BD and let go of Stevens after OKC let BD go. Now we have Udoka. It’s like opening a Snickers bar and finding poop.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2022, 02:26:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Celtics Basketball has fell off a cliff .  I can understand the feeling

I m in a funk about the organization, I just don’t expect them to do much anymore

Deep malaise era.

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2022, 03:40:30 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
I watch the highlights or lowlights as they say the next day on YT. The only games this year that I would say were "good Basketball" is when they have crisp passing in a motion Offence, minimal Iso ball and banging the boards and going all out on D. They keep reverting back to standing around in an Iso offence, absolutely UGLY Basketball .Have they tuned out Ime' just like they did Brad?. All I can say is Let the Trades begin. I'm looking forward to next year already.

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2022, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I've almost completely checked out of the season. I was really busy over the December period and couldn't find the time to watch C's games, and it just so happened that we sucked. So I've continued that into the new year.

I still watch highlights and try to read game reports when I can.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 08:48:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I turned off the Hawks game at the end of the first quarter, writing was on the wall.  I have even read what happened in the rest of the game, but that's not entertainment, Wyc.

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 09:01:09 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Yes with exception of last night I watched the 1st half. Then I shut it off and went to bed.

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2022, 09:29:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Looking like I won't have a choice tonight.  Cables out already and power is wavering.  #blizzard4real
Yup

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 09:30:33 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
I'm getting there. The unwatchable brand of basketball the Cs play with (and lose with) is enough to just shake your head and change the channel. But what's more bothersome is the glaring deficiencies of Cs ownership & management to even sniff change -- or frankly, to do a good job at all -- considering how bad this team has been for quite a while.

Objectively speaking, the Cs have been one of the worst run organizations in basketball over the past few years.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 09:43:24 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I still watch. What I’m not doing is getting sucked into believing in this team after a win or 2, or after a great quarter.   They are consistent only in their inconsistency. They still annoy me but far less now than earlier in the season when my hopes were higher. I like watching Rob Williams’ development and enjoy seeing the young guys play even though they aren’t on the court that much and aren’t producing consistently.   I would be fine if this team free falls and gets a decent pick.  Also fine if Brad does some significant reshaping of the roster in the next 2 weeks and/or in the off-season.  Brad has to know that he has big work to do and I’m interested to see what he does.

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I stopped watching regularly about 10 games into the season. Couldn't stand the constant iso anymore. I watch an odd game here and there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:25:26 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2022, 09:54:05 AM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Barely watching.  Get some freaking shooters for crying out loud.  The Hawks have like 6 or 7 snipers out there and how are we to compete with that.  The league is about shooting the rock now and the C's just cannot shoot.  They double up and blitz Jayson and Jaylen and there is nobody else.  Been done for years watching Smart chuck and you can add Richardson and Schroeder to that list.  THESE GUYS ARE NOT SHOOTERS and its brutal to watch the bricks.  Udoka's pre and post game interviews drive me nuts as well.  His monotone mask mumbling delivery is tough to listen to and he says nothing.  The guy still looks like a assistant coach. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 09:59:58 AM by fingerlakes »

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2022, 10:24:27 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Probably skipping tonight’s game and Monday’s game, but I expect I’ll be on board most of the season, convincing myself how to find the positive in this morass.

One thing I’ll say — after the break, if we don’t make any moves I hope we give Pritchard, Langford, and Nesmith more minutes even with Schröder and Richardson on the roster.  Not that I expect it to go any better (it wont), but because I’d like different players to blame for a few weeks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:31:33 AM by Celtics2021 »