Author Topic: Ranking Schroder & Timelord among starters at their position  (Read 4407 times)

Re: Ranking Schroder & Timelord among starters at their position
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2022, 10:28:50 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Schroeder can be the whole offense once in every 4-5 games.

But, man, giving Romy and JRich consistent minutes would help a ton. Maybe Nesmith too.

Makes me wanna dump Schroeder.

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2022, 06:33:21 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121

Tatum is not top 10 in the league this season, that is a joke.
Who is better than him?

Jokic - Yes
Embiid - Yes
Giannis - Yes
Durant - Yes
Curry - Yes
LeBron - Yes
Harden - Yes
Luka - Yes
Butler - Debatable
Derozan - Debatable
Morant - Debatable
Gobert - No
Trae - Debatable
Towns - Debatable
Booker - Debatable
Lavine - Debartable
Mitchell - Debatable
VanVleet - Helllll no
D. Murray - Yes
Garland - No

LaMelo has an argument for sure.

starts to get tough with Domantas Sabonis & Jarrett Allen, but those guys are certainly a lot more efficient.

look, the list can go really long if you care about things like scoring efficiency, passing, being on a good team ....

My thoughts on that list - I count 9 guys on that list who are clearly better then Tatum right now, and a couple who IMO clearly are not.  The rest are all 50/50, you could easily make an argument in either direction. 

The idea that VanVleet is better then Tatum seems especially crazy to me though.  Nothing against the guy, he's a good player, but IMHO he's not even remotely close to Tatum's level.  At least one, if not two levels below.  If the Raptors offered VanVleet for Tatum there is zero chance Brad would would even think about it - he'd hang up the phone immediately.  If Boston offered Tatum for VanVleet I'm pretty sure the Raptors GM would sell his soul if he had to in order to get it done.

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2022, 09:12:16 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The idea that VanVleet is better then Tatum seems especially crazy to me though.  Nothing against the guy, he's a good player, but IMHO he's not even remotely close to Tatum's level.  At least one, if not two levels below.  If the Raptors offered VanVleet for Tatum there is zero chance Brad would would even think about it - he'd hang up the phone immediately.  If Boston offered Tatum for VanVleet I'm pretty sure the Raptors GM would sell his soul if he had to in order to get it done.

Better as in talent? No.

Would it make sense to trade Tatum for VanVleet?  Obviously not.

Is VanVleet playing better overall than Tatum this season?  Yes, I think so.

I certainly assume Tatum is going to get his shot back.

Until he does, it severely limits his impact.

I like how you're not being irrationally high on Tatum, but DBPM is a terrible stat for estimating defensive impact - it's a box-based metric that is outclassed by adjusted plus-minus metrics such as EPM, RAPTOR and DARKO in single year samples (and obviously PI/multiyear RAPM for longer samples).

TP anyways!

fair enough on that metric. I'm not attached to it.  I think Tatum is a solid defender, he's just not a game changer in that area.  Certainly not good enough to make up for the fact that on offense, he has a 3.8:3 assist to turnover ratio, a 30% free throw rate, and 53% True shooting, while using >30% of the team's possessions when he's on the floor.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 09:17:59 AM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain