Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83267 times)

Ime has got to go!
« on: December 25, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I admit this is a reactionary thread….BUT,..not just as a reaction to another blown lead by the Cs in a Christmas game they should've won, but rather as a reaction to another of the MANY games this year that have been so frustrating to watch to the point of making me not want to watch them for a few weeks.

This team has a lot of talent that is performing as far less than the sum of its parts, and thats on Uchoka.

How many times does Brown have to turn the ball over as he drives the lane into a double team and tries a behind the back dribble and gets stripped?

How many times is Tatum allowed to go one on 2,3 or even 4, especially in the lane and get the ball taken away, and then he whines and Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.es about it after?

How many 3 balls is Smart allowed to brick, over snd over and over again?

If these things happen once or twice, thats on the players. They have cumulatively happened hundreds if tines this year. Thats on Uchoka.

Where are successful ATO plays? Where are ANY offensive schemes or go to plays, instead of isolation after isolation after isolation. Thats all on Uchoka.

Brown and Tatum and smart got their coach. He checked all the boxes. He was black and he was a former player and their former coach… They said they would listen to him… Well I guess that’s all and good if he has anything important to say, but so far it doesn’t seem like he does.

How many horrific holes have they had to dig out of this year from their bad starts? How many blown leads and failures to close out games have they had this year?

Time for Uchoka to go.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 11:43:46 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 05:51:55 PM »

Kiorrik

Smh.

People here really think the only way to improve is to move people.

Kinda sad.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 05:53:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The OP should deck his autocorrect it seems to be changing ‘d’ to ‘ch’ .

Looks like mine just did the opposite.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 06:00:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Fire Ainge!!

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 06:10:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I am not a big fan of Ime but you have to at least give him a year.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 06:13:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
We're really deciding this about 30 games into his first season here??

If anything, I'd argue Brown + Tatum should be more scrutinized especially since really, since about the Bubble they've played 100+ games and are at or around .500 (you can add Smart to that group too)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Why?

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2021, 06:17:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
If anything, I'd argue Brown + Tatum should be more scrutinized especially since really, since about the Bubble they've played 100+ games and are at or around .500 (you can add Smart to that group too)
Agreed on the Jays deserving to be more scrutinized. Not necessarily for trades but in terms of where their games are currently at and what they need to do to take it to the next level.

Currently neither improves their teammates / elevates their team. Their contributions are all individualistic. That is a problem.

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2021, 06:18:09 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
 Agree Ime has to go! Pritchard and Parker should have been in the game over Smart and Langford.  All that did was let the Bucks play 5 on 3, and their men can double Tatum and Brown!

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Why?

Who are you putting in his place halfway through the year? What's the plan?

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 06:27:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Why?

If you know a guy is not good enough, fire him and see what someone else can do with the chance.

It'll likely be a situation like Udoka with a first time head coach getting an opportunity. Maybe he does better; maybe he doesn't.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Got give him more than a year but he should been playing Parker & Payton more
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2021, 06:39:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Why?

If you know a guy is not good enough, fire him and see what someone else can do with the chance.

It'll likely be a situation like Udoka with a first time head coach getting an opportunity. Maybe he does better; maybe he doesn't.

Maybe someone will be better isn't a plan. Who is this person?

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2021, 07:38:36 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I disagree that Tatum and Brown can’t work together. The roster needs more talent. The Bucks have Giannis, Middleton and Holiday. Who plays the “Holiday role” on our team? No one.

We’re still a hit young. Williams is getting there, Nesmith and Pritchard are probably another year away from being consistently effective.

Brad did a great job of reshaping the team this off season - especially with what he had to work with. We are bigger, tougher, meaner and stronger across the board this year. After Brookly, if we’re fully healthy, we have as good a shot as anyone to get out of the east.

Don’t forget - we did not have Horford, GWilliams, Richardson or Schroeder tonight. Horford, GWilliams, and Richardson are particularly helpful players in a playoff intensity level game - both very gritty/chippy.

Steven’s job is to now get that one additional, meaningful piece that takes the Tatum/Brown duo to the next level. It’s probably a PF (stretch four to compliment TimeLord) or a really solid Vet Point.

I like how hard Ime has these guys playing. He needs more talent as well. I like the grit he has our guys playing with. He needs to grow and likely will. He has a great X and O man in Stevens’ to lean on.

Patience -

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2021, 08:12:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I know it is reasonable to give Ime at least 2-3 years.  But that said, I honestly haven't been impressed.  It feels like we are probably a bit worse than last year considering our roster is better.   Maybe Ime takes a year or two to understand what he needs to do, I guess anyone in a new job needs that.  It just feels like something is missing.

I kept screaming at the tv for Ime to call timeout during the last 15 or so seconds of the game.  Get the guys in the huddle and call a play to get a good look at a 3.  We were down 3, we didn't have time to do the foul thing and hope they miss fts.  It feels like Ime is really poor in end of game situations.
Sometimes you have to help your team by calling a timeout and getting them organized and get a play called.