Author Topic: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Discussion  (Read 11973 times)

Re: 2019 Mock Trade Deadline Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The Wizards are done with their mock trade deadline. Our goal was to get rid of bad contracts and rebuild around Beal. We think we accomplished this well.

We intend on matching any offer made on Satoransky this off-season, as well as trying to resign Ariza. This gives us talent, athleticism, shooting, and playmaking around Beal.

Walker IV, Murray, and Brown are all electric young players that can be brought along slowly and fit around Beal. The Murray-Beal-Satoransky backcourt is our backcourt of the future, relying heavily on Beal's play-making.

Getting Giles, Gasol, and Bjelica gives the Wizards playmaking at our big spots. This allows the Wizards to stay competitive now, and take a swing on Giles as our center of the future.

These moves also restock our cupboard with high second round picks.

Finally, these moves could free up as much as 38 million dollars (50 if Ariza doesn't resign) to use this off-season, where we would pursue Tobias Harris and/or Kris Middleton, as well as other bigs to fill out our rotation.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:57:46 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 05:19:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Trade Announcement:
The Bucks and Mavs have agreed to a multi player trade with the Bucks receiving Wes Matthews and Ray Spalding with Brogdon, WIlson Snell being sent to Dallas.

Bucks have stated they thank their players for their hard work but are extremely excited to add a top tier 3d player to the mix. The lineup of Bledsoe, Matthews, Middleton, Giannis and Lopez are expected to have fantastic defense and shooting around Giannis.

Mavs issued a statement thanking Wes for his tenure but are incredibly enamored with Brogdon and Wilson and are certain they will make a great pairing with Luka.

Snell has been told to not unpack his bags.

Silky is GM of both the Bucks and the Mavericks.

Not alone is the trade questionable for the Bucks part, but the trade also isn't viable as the Bucks need to shed more salary to make it work in the trading machine.

I acted on the part of the Mavs in that deal. We checked it in the trade machine and it was valid.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gukq4q

All right. Sorry misread the part about Wilson. Great deal for the Mavs  :D.

Yeah, the Bucks got fleeced. Malcolm Brogdon alone is better than Wes Matthews.

bucks are very happy with their deal.

Matthews is a premier 3and d player who will benefit from kickouts from Bledsoe and Giannis.

Bucks starting lineup is lethal from inside and out.

and dont forget that if Middleton takes the QO and team doesnt pick up any options the bucks have around 60 mill in capspace.

Bucks intend to stay strong this season, make noise in the playoffs and go into the tax this offseason by spending on FA.

Pretty sure Middleton doesn't have a qualifying offer (did you mean player option?), but I do think what you did is interesting. The Bucks have a ton of cap space now, and one of the premier players in the NBA to play with. By my math it would be closer to 50 million, but that's with only Giannis-Maker-Illyasova-Divencenzo on the court. 

Still, I think you may have undervalued both Wilson and Brogdon in that trade. Both are good young players.

Yeah, its about 55 mill in cap, just looking at it quickly. and yeah, its a player option with Middleton, Qos with the rest.

And Wilson showed pretty decent, brogdon is very good, but snells contract is not very good.

I looked at it as I dont see Bucks as a championship team right now, yet they are on the bubble of becoming a capped out team with what they have, this adds ALOT of flexibility around an MVP candidate player.

its a longer game move that still helps team now. Also really big on Wood moving forward.
Is anybody a championship contender until GSW breaks up?  The Bucks are a finals contender though.  Mid season trades rarely work so I think this move would be a step back for this season.  I think next season it would be down to the Bucks, Celtics and Sixers.  I expect Kawhi to leave Toronto and Indiana is just not that good. 

The Bucks are where NOP was a couple years ago.  It is a difficult situation whatever approach they take.  There's really only a couple years to address it before Giannis starts asking for a trade.  55M isn't a lot of money to build a team around Giannis.  Is playing with Giannis enough to attract a star free agent to Milwaukee.  Chances are re-signing Middleton will end up as the best move.  Still it is an aggressive move to try to resolve the issue. 

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Trade Announcement:
The Bucks and Mavs have agreed to a multi player trade with the Bucks receiving Wes Matthews and Ray Spalding with Brogdon, WIlson Snell being sent to Dallas.

Bucks have stated they thank their players for their hard work but are extremely excited to add a top tier 3d player to the mix. The lineup of Bledsoe, Matthews, Middleton, Giannis and Lopez are expected to have fantastic defense and shooting around Giannis.

Mavs issued a statement thanking Wes for his tenure but are incredibly enamored with Brogdon and Wilson and are certain they will make a great pairing with Luka.

Not alone is the trade questionable for the Bucks part, but the trade also isn't viable as the Bucks need to shed more salary to make it work in the trading machine.

I acted on the part of the Mavs in that deal. We checked it in the trade machine and it was valid.

Matthews is a premier 3and d player who will benefit from kickouts from Bledsoe and Giannis.

and dont forget that if Middleton takes the QO and team doesnt pick up any options the bucks have around 60 mill in capspace.

Bucks intend to stay strong this season, make noise in the playoffs and go into the tax this offseason by spending on FA.

Pretty sure Middleton doesn't have a qualifying offer (did you mean player option?), but I do think what you did is interesting. The Bucks have a ton of cap space now, and one of the premier players in the NBA to play with. By my math it would be closer to 50 million, but that's with only Giannis-Maker-Illyasova-Divencenzo on the court. 

Still, I think you may have undervalued both Wilson and Brogdon in that trade. Both are good young players.

Yeah, its about 55 mill in cap, just looking at it quickly. and yeah, its a player option with Middleton, Qos with the rest.

And Wilson showed pretty decent, brogdon is very good, but snells contract is not very good.

I looked at it as I dont see Bucks as a championship team right now, yet they are on the bubble of becoming a capped out team with what they have, this adds ALOT of flexibility around an MVP candidate player.

its a longer game move that still helps team now. Also really big on Wood moving forward.
Is anybody a championship contender until GSW breaks up?  The Bucks are a finals contender though.  Mid season trades rarely work so I think this move would be a step back for this season.  I think next season it would be down to the Bucks, Celtics and Sixers.  I expect Kawhi to leave Toronto and Indiana is just not that good. 

The Bucks are where NOP was a couple years ago.  It is a difficult situation whatever approach they take.  There's really only a couple years to address it before Giannis starts asking for a trade.  55M isn't a lot of money to build a team around Giannis.  Is playing with Giannis enough to attract a star free agent to Milwaukee.  Chances are re-signing Middleton will end up as the best move.  Still it is an aggressive move to try to resolve the issue.

honestly it was my exact thought process, I see Bucks as entering the NOP no fly zone.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Trade Announcement:

honestly it was my exact thought process, I see Bucks as entering the NOP no fly zone.
Jrue Holiday is a good #2 option and I thought the Rondo pairing worked well last season.  However when you have lousy wings and make moves that don't work, you're screwed.  With how Hield is playing, they'd be much better off if that Cousins deal hadn't been done.   

The Bucks at least have the advantage of playing in the East where you can be pretty mediocre and still make the playoffs. 

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 06:27:37 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
When will this mock trade deadline end? 

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

I know there is a lot going on with the real NBA but is this mock trade thing still going on?

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 06:45:54 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I know there is a lot going on with the real NBA but is this mock trade thing still going on?
I'm still having a couple discussions but it certainly died down over the weekend. 

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
sigh...... I have to say that this has not been fun. Have spent a lot of time  and over 50 messages to get 1 trade done..................

glad to not be a real gm

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So in the C's and Pistons trade as the C's gm I saw a chance to get a star for assets and players that were losing value: We know what Hayward has been this year the longer it goes the more he loses value. Brown isnt as good a fit as Smart is with the starters, if he can't start then he doesn't have a lot of value. And last the Kings were holding steady as a late lottery pick but then acquired a mid tier nba player in our mock so their chances of being top 2-8 were getting slimmer.

So I took the shot knowing Irving, Smart, Tatum, Griffin, Horford make a nice starting five. Rozier, Morris, and Baynes are what I project as the rest of the 8 man playoff rotation. We know Morris and Rozier would enjoy an up tick in minutes regular season not just playoffs which moving Brown and Hayward does for them.

Another thing to consider is that Griffin is a true All star player and didn't cost me Tatum or a ton of picks which waiting on AD (pie in the sky) may cost. But If AD does go to market team could probably now simply flip Griffin and three first (Clippers, C's, and Grizz picks) for him and not a lot of teams will compete with that offer making it more likely to keep Tatum out any deal for AD.  I like what I got and am okay with what I gave up in this trade.

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 09:50:13 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
So in the C's and Pistons trade as the C's gm I saw a chance to get a star for assets and players that were losing value: We know what Hayward has been this year the longer it goes the more he loses value. Brown isnt as good a fit as Smart is with the starters, if he can't start then he doesn't have a lot of value. And last the Kings were holding steady as a late lottery pick but then acquired a mid tier nba player in our mock so their chances of being top 2-8 were getting slimmer.

So I took the shot knowing Irving, Smart, Tatum, Griffin, Horford make a nice starting five. Rozier, Morris, and Baynes are what I project as the rest of the 8 man playoff rotation. We know Morris and Rozier would enjoy an up tick in minutes regular season not just playoffs which moving Brown and Hayward does for them.

Another thing to consider is that Griffin is a true All star player and didn't cost me Tatum or a ton of picks which waiting on AD (pie in the sky) may cost. But If AD does go to market team could probably now simply flip Griffin and three first (Clippers, C's, and Grizz picks) for him and not a lot of teams will compete with that offer making it more likely to keep Tatum out any deal for AD.  I like what I got and am okay with what I gave up in this trade.

Counterpoint. I don't think Blake is gonna be a part of any Davis trade, he's what almost thirty injury prone on a  contract most consider  not great even with the season he's having. Without Brown I think you are more likely to have to include Tatum in any Davis deal (tho I think you will have to even with Brown), and then you'd likely have to find a taker for Griffin or Harford to clear a front court log jam. In addition I'm not convinced Smart is inherently a better fit with the starters than Brown, Brown struggled early but he's back to playing great basketball and Smart has shot well for so far half a season. I think even if Smart is the better player right now, and that's debatable, Brown is the clear better piece long term. Upside matters when chasing championships. The confounding piece is Hayward, because if he sucks now then getting off his contract is a plus. But at their best he may very well be worth more than Griffin alone. I think you gave up a lot of upside (Browns potential, Hayward health) for a move that makes it harder to get Davis and lowers our overall ceiling while likely not making us good enough to win now. It basically exactly the kind of move Ainge has resisted for the last five years. I'm not saying I don't understand your logic, but I strongly disagree with it.

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Dallas is happy.

Bucks are happy although would entertain offers on thon.

Raptors are curious but in no hurry to deal

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So in the C's and Pistons trade as the C's gm I saw a chance to get a star for assets and players that were losing value:

Counterpoint. I don't think Blake is gonna be a part of any Davis trade, he's what almost thirty injury prone on a  contract most consider  not great even with the season he's having. Without Brown I think you are more likely to have to include Tatum in any Davis deal (tho I think you will have to even with Brown), and then you'd likely have to find a taker for Griffin or Harford to clear a front court log jam. In addition I'm not convinced Smart is inherently a better fit with the starters than Brown, Brown struggled early but he's back to playing great basketball and Smart has shot well for so far half a season. I think even if Smart is the better player right now, and that's debatable, Brown is the clear better piece long term. Upside matters when chasing championships. The confounding piece is Hayward, because if he sucks now then getting off his contract is a plus. But at their best he may very well be worth more than Griffin alone. I think you gave up a lot of upside (Browns potential, Hayward health) for a move that makes it harder to get Davis and lowers our overall ceiling while likely not making us good enough to win now. It basically exactly the kind of move Ainge has resisted for the last five years. I'm not saying I don't understand your logic, but I strongly disagree with it.
I completely disagree. Griffin is having a great season he is earning his pay. He is still pretty dominate at 29 and still looks like he will be a 20 point player for at least two or three years. His game in terms of passing and shooting seem to also be improving. Having an all star caliber player in a deal is much better than Brown who isn't even close to an all star. In no way is upside relevant to a championship. It's guys in their primes winning titles. And Hayward when healthy has never been at Griffin's level of play so how can you even say Hayward is worth more when he is playing poorly and will likely never be as good as he was to begin with? Your analysis seems completely C's player biased. I don't know how else one could say Hayward or Brown even combined are on Griffin's level of value this season. As for ceiling you have Irving and Horford both are win now players if you aren't going in for a chip this year or next you might as well start dealing those guys. I'm not doing that knowing Irving, Smart, Tatum, Giffin and Horford would rule the east and be one injured Warrior away from a title.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2019, 06:58:38 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Spurs MockTrade Deadline recap

Trade #1
Trade Announcement:

The Washington Wizards have agreed on a trade with the San Antonio Spurs. In the trade, the Spurs would receive Dwight Howard and John Wall. The Wizards receive Pau Gasol, Dejoute Murray, and Lonnie Walker IV.

As part of the deal, John Wall has agreed to waive his trade kicker (per an unbiased third party decision), because he is being traded to a playoff team with a great coach in a state that has no state tax.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7t6hnb4

The Wizards wanted to do right by John Wall, but it became apparent in recent years that it was time to give Wall a new opportunity with a new team. Pau Gasol gives the Wizards an experienced unselfish basketball player to pair with their young core. They reportedly loved the pairing of Murray with  Beal and Satoransky in their future backcourt. They also really like Walker IV, and he will be given an opportunity to compete for minutes on the wing with Brown and Dekker.

In a related move, the Wizards have waived Chasson Randle to bring their roster to 14 players.

At first this seemed like a no brainer trading for Wall as I traded 3 players who were not playing for a hurt all star. I was really excited to get that first deal done after missing on a few but looking back this is the one trade I regret. Wall's contract is rediculous next year! I thought I could manage it and prepare but ultimately decided to just focus on this year. AND still went over the Lux Tax by a few million.
Next year is way worst and Spurs will need to shed salary next year.

Trade #2
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycr3bhsv
(there is a glitch that is causing it to fail but it checks out)
Charlotte, Indiana and San Antonio have agreed to a 3 team trade. Details:

CHA gets Forbes, Collison, Pondexter,Aningbogu

IND gets Patty Mills

SAS gets Williams and Parker

Really liked this trade as it gave SAS a big that could shoot in Marvin Williams and brought parker Home. I felt like I rescued Parker and returned him home where he never should have been able to leave in the first place.  I really like Forbes but knew I was trading Demar and would have Belinelli as a backup SG.

Trade #3

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT
The Spurs, Blazers, and Nets have agreed to a 3 team trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycey2t9u

BKN will get Poeltl+ Cunningham+ 2019 TOR and 2019 SAS 1st  picks

POR will get Demar

SAS will get McCollum + Harris + 2019 POR 1st pick

This was the big trade for SAS. Demar is a really really good player but ultimately we didnt like having to take him out late in the game bc we needed a 3. McCollum is younger, puts up similar PPg and can shoot better than Demar.

Also got Joe Harris in this deal, whom was the hardest player to get. I really wanted a starting caliber SF and while Gay has been fantastic, he is aging and was on an expiring contract. It cost way more than I wanted to give up: 2 firsts and Poeltl but getting a first from POR eased the blow.

Trade #4
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The San Antonio Spurs have agreed to send Rudy Gay to the Houston Rockets for PJ Tucker and Isaiah Hartenstein.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yafyht3m

This last trade was an attempt to shave a few bucks and fill out the roster. It was late in the deadline and therefore was not able to shave enough to get under Lux Tax but happy with Tucker as backup SF and Hartenstein has been tearing up the G league, so is a very nice prospect.

END result:
PG: Wall(30%), Parker, White(35%)
SG: McCollum(36%), Belinelli(40%)
SF: Harris(46%), Tucker(38%)
PF: Williams(38%), Bertans(49%), Eubanks, Metu
C: Aldridge, Howard, Hartenstein

Lost SAS 19 first and TOR 19 first but gained POR 19 first

I really feel like this team can contend and challenge the warriors. It is an oilder team but has 3 scorers in Wall, McCollum, and Aldridge who are surrounded by shooters(the % listed above). The team also has an inside presence in Aldridge and Howard. Full of savvy veterans who have the experience to round out and complete the team: Belinelli, Parker, Tucker, Williams.
The one downfall besides age is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats bc of Wall. If I could go back I would prly not make that trade but would do the others.
*Making 4 trades in one year is very very unlikely and it to be the Spurs would make it very very VERY unlikely to do this and pretty much flip the roster but I do like the team! (Would love the team if it werent for $$)

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 08:07:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Spurs MockTrade Deadline recap

Trade #1
Trade Announcement:

The Washington Wizards have agreed on a trade with the San Antonio Spurs. In the trade, the Spurs would receive Dwight Howard and John Wall. The Wizards receive Pau Gasol, Dejoute Murray, and Lonnie Walker IV.

As part of the deal, John Wall has agreed to waive his trade kicker (per an unbiased third party decision), because he is being traded to a playoff team with a great coach in a state that has no state tax.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7t6hnb4

The Wizards wanted to do right by John Wall, but it became apparent in recent years that it was time to give Wall a new opportunity with a new team. Pau Gasol gives the Wizards an experienced unselfish basketball player to pair with their young core. They reportedly loved the pairing of Murray with  Beal and Satoransky in their future backcourt. They also really like Walker IV, and he will be given an opportunity to compete for minutes on the wing with Brown and Dekker.

In a related move, the Wizards have waived Chasson Randle to bring their roster to 14 players.

At first this seemed like a no brainer trading for Wall as I traded 3 players who were not playing for a hurt all star. I was really excited to get that first deal done after missing on a few but looking back this is the one trade I regret. Wall's contract is rediculous next year! I thought I could manage it and prepare but ultimately decided to just focus on this year. AND still went over the Lux Tax by a few million.
Next year is way worst and Spurs will need to shed salary next year.

Trade #2
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycr3bhsv
(there is a glitch that is causing it to fail but it checks out)
Charlotte, Indiana and San Antonio have agreed to a 3 team trade. Details:

CHA gets Forbes, Collison, Pondexter,Aningbogu

IND gets Patty Mills

SAS gets Williams and Parker

Really liked this trade as it gave SAS a big that could shoot in Marvin Williams and brought parker Home. I felt like I rescued Parker and returned him home where he never should have been able to leave in the first place.  I really like Forbes but knew I was trading Demar and would have Belinelli as a backup SG.

Trade #3

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT
The Spurs, Blazers, and Nets have agreed to a 3 team trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycey2t9u

BKN will get Poeltl+ Cunningham+ 2019 TOR and 2019 SAS 1st  picks

POR will get Demar

SAS will get McCollum + Harris + 2019 POR 1st pick

This was the big trade for SAS. Demar is a really really good player but ultimately we didnt like having to take him out late in the game bc we needed a 3. McCollum is younger, puts up similar PPg and can shoot better than Demar.

Also got Joe Harris in this deal, whom was the hardest player to get. I really wanted a starting caliber SF and while Gay has been fantastic, he is aging and was on an expiring contract. It cost way more than I wanted to give up: 2 firsts and Poeltl but getting a first from POR eased the blow.

Trade #4
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The San Antonio Spurs have agreed to send Rudy Gay to the Houston Rockets for PJ Tucker and Isaiah Hartenstein.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yafyht3m

This last trade was an attempt to shave a few bucks and fill out the roster. It was late in the deadline and therefore was not able to shave enough to get under Lux Tax but happy with Tucker as backup SF and Hartenstein has been tearing up the G league, so is a very nice prospect.

END result:
PG: Wall(30%), Parker, White(35%)
SG: McCollum(36%), Belinelli(40%)
SF: Harris(46%), Tucker(38%)
PF: Williams(38%), Bertans(49%), Eubanks, Metu
C: Aldridge, Howard, Hartenstein

Lost SAS 19 first and TOR 19 first but gained POR 19 first

I really feel like this team can contend and challenge the warriors. It is an oilder team but has 3 scorers in Wall, McCollum, and Aldridge who are surrounded by shooters(the % listed above). The team also has an inside presence in Aldridge and Howard. Full of savvy veterans who have the experience to round out and complete the team: Belinelli, Parker, Tucker, Williams.
The one downfall besides age is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats bc of Wall. If I could go back I would prly not make that trade but would do the others.
*Making 4 trades in one year is very very unlikely and it to be the Spurs would make it very very VERY unlikely to do this and pretty much flip the roster but I do like the team! (Would love the team if it werent for $$)
Wall's contract is horrible and he's out for the season and had a significant injury last season too.  In real life, Wall is pretty untradeable even if Washington gives up multiple 1sts. 

I was surprised that Mills contract (2 additional years for 25M+) was that bad for a 30 year old back up PG. 

The Gay trade was rather bad for the Spurs considering is adds nearly 10M in salary next season and nearly 8M in salary the next season.  Great trade for Houston to get the best player and get off that salary without giving up a pick. 

The McCollum for DeRozan trade was rather good.  Getting Harris was solid, cost controlled addition.  That's the one trade of the bunch that I would have done. 

If I did the calculations correctly, the Spurs would have approximately 146M committed to 12 players next season.  That assumes Howard picks up his option and the team option for Parker isn't picked up.  Ouch!!!   Then you have to add in all the luxury tax.  That's a lot of money for a small market team. 

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 09:12:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Timberwolves Mock Trade Deadline recap

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Phoenix Suns and Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a deal. In the deal, the Wolves receive T.J. Warren and Josh Jackson. The Suns receive Tyus Jones, Taj Gibson, Dario Saric and a Protected 2019 First Rounder via MIN (Top-5 protected 2019, if not conveyed 2019 then Top-2 protected 2020, and if still not conveyed, then it becomes an unprotected first rounder in 2021).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y756gzgt

This trade was initiated by the Phoenix GM who initially asked about Tyus Jones and then later wanted to add Saric to the trade.  The TWolves really need to establish themselves as a playoff team by building around Towns over the next couple seasons or else they'll be in the Pels shoes in 3 years with Towns asking to be traded.  Jones is a nice PG prospect but playoff teams need an established PG.  Saric is a good role player but is limited defensively.  Gibson is a nice vet who can be replaced by a cheaper vet.  I'd expect to pick a vet big in the buyout market.   

Warren is a good, established young wing on a very good contract.  Warren probably won't maintain his 42.8% 3pt shooting but he's 81.5% from the line so hopefully he won't drop off too much.  Having both Warren and Covington is very valuable considering the scarcity of good wings.  Had several inquiries about Covington after the trade.  Jackson is underperforming as a top prospect but hopefully that improves in a new environment.  Absolutely no inquiries about Wiggins but he may become more movable in the offseason when teams strike out on free agents.  Considering the Minny pick will likely be late lottery or mid 1st it is unlikely to provide a player as good as Warren or with the upside of Jackson.