Author Topic: 3 All-Stars This Season?  (Read 15211 times)

Re: 3 All-Stars This Season?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Well in total EC voting Jayson Tatum is 8th and Jaylen Brown is 12th. I seriously doubt Zach Lavine and Derrick Roe are gonna get a lot of love from Media/Coaches, Kyrie may not either because of games played. So it looks like both guys have a shot.

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Don’t look now but Tacko is 6th in the Eastern Conference Frontcourt early return voting.

Just about to post this:

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1212811275991965697

With Player and Media votes 25% each, looking good for Kemba

Tacko 110K > Hayward 75K is funny
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 02:39:54 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Don’t look now but Tacko is 6th in the Eastern Conference Frontcourt early return voting.

Just about to post this:

Rose and Lavine over Brown is a joke imo. Also surprised to see Trae so high

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
So basically Celtics fans vote for: Kemba Brown Tatum and Hayward
Now they got to pick one more and it’s oh what the heck : Tacko.  :D

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
So basically Celtics fans vote for: Kemba Brown Tatum and Hayward
Now they got to pick one more and it’s oh what the heck : Tacko.  :D

I've been voting for Tacko + those four lol. Just because voting for anyone else deserving in the frontcourt cancels out Tatum votes. Oh well, hopefully the head coaches vote Tatum in as a reserve...

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2020, 03:03:40 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Just about to post this:

Well, according to the results, Alex Caruso is the 8th best guard in the West and Tacko is the 6th best frontcourt player in the East. ;D

Of course it's a joke. It's the All-Star game. Let the people have fun!

For what it's worth, I voted for 4 of our core guys plus Giannis. Didn't vote for Bron or AD cause I can't stand the Fakers. I also opted for Ja Morant over Harden cause I don't like Harden either. :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:46:13 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2020, 03:06:47 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Just about to post this:

Well, according to the results, Alex Caruso is the 8th best guard in the West and Tacko is the 6th best frontcourt player in the East. ;D

Of course it's a joke. It's the All-Star game. Let the people have fun!

For what it's worth, I voted for all 4 of our core guys plus Giannis. Didn't vote for Bron or AD cause I can't stand the Fakers. Opted for Ja Morant over Harden cause I don't like Harden either. I'm I a joke to you too? ;D

heh fair enough

East I got Giannis, Kemba, Brown, Tatum and Embiid

West I got

LeBron, AD, Kawhi, Doncic and Harden

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Two European players are leading the NBA all star voting, and this is not an overly biased vote due to large numbers of votes from their home countries like Yao Ming was, their home country fan bases are minuscule compared to China. Both are also legit MVP candidates. This speaks volumes for the globalization of the NBA and where the
league is heading. People will no longer look t foreign draft prospects as less valuable than NCAA prospects, and the probability of developing NBA based divisions abroad is very realistic imo

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Just about to post this:

Man fan voting really is a joke these days.

I mean, yay for Tacko being 6th! (lol)

But obviously that is outrageous. Caruso ahead of Booker? Kyrie is somehow 2nd despite missing almost 2 months now. Even Curry is 4th right now despite the fact that he's out for the season.

Hopefully Jaylen can move up a bit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2020, 03:43:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I wonder if Rose has a chance of getting in. It seems like he is absolutely beloved by other players who have a lot of sympathy for his injuries. He averages 17 points, 6 assists and a steal in just 24 minutes a game and is shooting a career high 49% from the field. I doubt he makes it cause his team really sucks, but it would be kind of cool imo if he did make it.

Also really cool to see Simmons all the way down in 6th for guards while Embiid has 500k more votes. Not a lot of solidarity from 76ers fans there...

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Two European players are leading the NBA all star voting, and this is not an overly biased vote due to large numbers of votes from their home countries like Yao Ming was, their home country fan bases are minuscule compared to China. Both are also legit MVP candidates. This speaks volumes for the globalization of the NBA and where the
league is heading. People will no longer look t foreign draft prospects as less valuable than NCAA prospects, and the probability of developing NBA based divisions abroad is very realistic imo
Nuh, can't see it. Traveling from Europe to the US (and vice versa) would be a logistical nightmare. Would love to see a team from Mexico City playing in the NBA though, plus a couple more teams from Canada (let's say Montreal + Vancouver).

For what it's worth, the Euroleague is getting better and better. They expanded from 16 to 18 teams this season and they plan to expand even more in the near future. The goal is to become the NBA of Europe, so to speak. No way they 'll match NBA's revenue, but they are already hands down the second best basketball league in the world.

Problem with the Euroleague (at least imo) is that there are like a gazillion of professional basketball teams around Europe, hence the Euroleague teams cannot grow to their full potential in terms of market share/sales revenue. Compare this to the NBA where the C's are the only professional basketball team in New England (I'm not counting the Claws cause they are their affiliate) and you 'll see why there's no chance for the Euroleague to catch up with the NBA in terms of revenue (not even in the long run).

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Just about to post this:

Man fan voting really is a joke these days.

I mean, yay for Tacko being 6th! (lol)

But obviously that is outrageous. Caruso ahead of Booker? Kyrie is somehow 2nd despite missing almost 2 months now. Even Curry is 4th right now despite the fact that he's out for the season.

Hopefully Jaylen can move up a bit.

Fortunately the fan vote probably doesn't effect his chances of being selected all that much the fan vote only helps determine the starters, and since neither him or Tatum will be a starter it will come down to the coach's vote which determines reserves. Dont know how much the fan vote influences who coaches may vote for, but I doubt most coaches would select Kyrie(only played 11 games), Lavine or Rose over Jaylen. Then again they probably like Lowry a lot. So who knows.   

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I've voted every day for our top 4, and will continue to do so until the voting ends.

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2020, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know, I think a very strong argument could be made that the two most deserving guards who should be starting for the Eastern Conference in the All-Star Game are Kemba Walker and Jaylen Brown.

Milwaukee has the record they do because they have the league MVP. But Boston has the record they do because they have the best backcourt in the Eastern Conference by far.

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2020, 06:55:16 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Kyrie’s reportedly out for at least several more weeks, doubt 11 games played will get him in as a starter. Starters will be announced 1/23.