Author Topic: The defensive excellence of Daniel Theis  (Read 6279 times)

Re: The defensive excellence of Daniel Theis
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
He is so darn active. He is not that bad on offense...u got to guard him. Glad we got him.

I’ll go further on offense. He does a lot of very good things that go unnoticed. He seals defenders to give our wings a clean path to the basket - so many times he makes Tatum or Brown look good. He’s not Rob Williams, but he’s a capable roll man. If you give him a midrange shot he’s good at knocking it down. Lot of good cuts. He’s a complementary player - which is exactly what the offense needs.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Exceeding expectations. Next season's contract non-guaranteed too.

Yuh, he is looking at something around 15-20 per probably, so little chance we keep him after next year. Beasting this year. Really need Rob Williams to suit up sooner rather than later.

He will be 28 heading into free agency. I would be willing to bet he gets an offer of at least 15 million per. PM if you want some of that action.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2020, 11:00:25 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Someone said we should trade Hayward for Draymond in the Transaction forum...I contend that we have our own Draymond. Also known as Theis Theis Baby!

Here's 2017-18 Draymond vs 2019-20 Theis. Other than the assists Daniel is not too far off.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 11:45:30 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Someone said we should trade Hayward for Draymond in the Transaction forum...I contend that we have our own Draymond. Also known as Theis Theis Baby!

Here's 2017-18 Draymond vs 2019-20 Theis. Other than the assists Daniel is not too far off.

He's the our own Draymond if games are played with box scores, fortunately they're still played on the court :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 09:38:06 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I wish he were about 5 inches taller, but, Daniel Theis is a helluva player and a perfect fit for this team.

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I wish he were about 5 inches taller, but, Daniel Theis is a helluva player and a perfect fit for this team.

thats the way i feel about Grant Williams . if he was a legit 6-10 or 11 ,  Celtics would be set.  Or he would be on bad team tanked to get him, or on his way out to CA team

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

thats the way i feel about Grant Williams . if he was a legit 6-10 or 11 ,  Celtics would be set.  Or he would be on bad team tanked to get him, or on his way out to CA team
Gimme Kemba 5 inches taller! He would transform overnight into an MVP-caliber player. 8)

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
In the prior 3 match ups, Daniel did struggle to slow-down Embiid.

But in this weekend's game, he really did a great job of keeping Embiid uncomfortable.   Stevens made a point of floor-matching Theis' minutes with Embiid's minutes and Theis was Embiid's defender 68.6% of the time.  When guarded by Theis, Embiid shot just 1 of 7 and scored just 4 points.

A key thing was Embiid only getting to the line for one pair of FTAs while guarded by Daniel.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.