Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25846 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2019, 03:43:58 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
This makes it so much easier for me to move from Terry.

He's so full of himself.
Those are the optics, but he has a big contract on the line and he said what he needs to;
I want more, I can do more, I sacrificed, I showed what I can do when given a the chance.
If I were his agent I'd say he did good in that regard.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Name a few teams that will give Rozier a $12+ Million contract offer...cause Danny will match that...unless it's $15+ Mil.

I cannot see Danny matching a 12+ million dollar contract.

That would be incredibly stupid.

Unless he plans on immediately trading him.

Let's assume Irving leaves and there's no real opportunity to trade for another star this off-season.  In this case I would be surprised to see Ainge let Rozier walk for $12 million per year.  Worst case scenario the Celtics have additional salary that can be used in future trades.  The cap is also projected to jump to $118 million going into the 2020 off-season, so $12 million per year isn't exactly cost prohibitive for the Celtics.

A lot of this could depend on what happens with Horford.  If he negotiates a new deal for $20 million or less, the Celtics will have some cap space to work with.  Ainge might opt for a different free agent or two, which could result in the Celtics relinquishing Rozier's rights as an RFA.

my thinking too. lots of moving pieces---Draft Night will be very important.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What “sacrifice” did Rozier make?  That implies that Terry gave up something for the good of the team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What “sacrifice” did Rozier make?  That implies that Terry gave up something for the good of the team.

Yes

He wanted to help make an impact for the team (and also for himself -contract)

If he is asked to stand at the corner but is not that guy....

He was in an unfarmiliar situation

I would give him a break

Rozier and Tatum will play better without Irving in the lineup

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2019, 04:00:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He's so full of himself.
Those are the optics, but he has a big contract on the line and he said what he needs to;
I want more, I can do more, I sacrificed, I showed what I can do when given a the chance.

Will any GMs actually buy any of that though?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He's so full of himself.

Why not

Last season "hiccup" gives a free pass to all

Even Kyme

You think Kyrie wont attract suiters or gain a max deal?

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yes

I would give him a break

Roziet and Tatum will play better without Irving in the lineup

Unfamiliar?  The guy has been in the league four years.  He's been a backup for all but 16 games in the regular season, and one playoff run.  And, outside of those 16 games, he's mostly sucked.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
From John Karalis:

All Terry Rozier said today was that he refused to accept a role he knew was coming all offseason. Instead of playing one season as a good soldier, helping lift the team, & reaping the benefits of team success, he chose to play how he played & then burn bridges.

My first question to Rozier as an executive looking to sign a free agent is "what happens here if something goes on that you don't like? Are you going to roll with it and figure it out, or are you going to do whatever you do and then complain to the media afterwards?"

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

He's so full of himself.

Why not

Even Kyme

I think his performance this year and in the playoffs will somewhat affect how teams approach his free agency, yeah.

Also there's a world of difference between what Terry has accomplished in his career and what Kyrie has done.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
From John Karalis:

All Terry Rozier said today was that he refused to accept a role he knew was coming all offseason. Instead of playing one season as a good soldier, helping lift the team, & reaping the benefits of team success, he chose to play how he played & then burn bridges.

My first question to Rozier as an executive looking to sign a free agent is "what happens here if something goes on that you don't like? Are you going to roll with it and figure it out, or are you going to do whatever you do and then complain to the media afterwards?"

Yikes, kinda says it all - in the most concise way possible. TP for the quote.

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yes

I would give him a break

Unfamiliar?  The guy has been in the league four years.  He's been a backup for all but 16 games in the regular season, and one playoff run.  And, outside of those 16 games, he's mostly sucked.

And even in those 16 games and playoffs, he was a solid guard. Not the star player he seems to think he is.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

Yes

I would give him a break

And even in those 16 games and playoffs, he was a solid guard. Not the star player he seems to think he is.

People forget that in those playoffs, Rozier was fantastic at home, but horrible in all but one ROAD playoff game. It helped we went 10-1 at home in the playoffs last season which got us to the ECF.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2019, 04:41:53 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

Yes

I would give him a break

Rozier and Tatum will play better without Irving in the lineup when they are in New Orleans

fixed
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2019, 04:42:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He's so full of himself.

Why not

Even Kyme

You act like Kyrie and Rozier are equals, that somehow Rozier and Kyrie both had "hiccup" years and both would be given a break/benefit of the doubt from GMs.

Kyrie was an All-Star this year, will most likely be an All-NBA player this year, had his best statistical year and is a major difference maker. Rozier played slightly below his career averages which aren't very good, is at best a low level starter but more likely a 7th or 8th player in the rotation role player and is pretty far from being a difference making player.

You are talking about two completely different levels of NBA players. Teams will be clamoring to throw a max contract at Kyrie. Rozier will get some interest very late in the summer, like most mid to low level RFAs.

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2019, 04:46:01 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
No accountability. He thinks he can coast on a couple of months of good play from last year.
I think it was more he wanted the opportunity to expand on a couple months of good postseason play from last year, to prove that he can be that player as a starting point guard and show runner on a team.  And he is troubled by never getting that opportunity.

As a point guard myself, I can say its difficult to play alongside other point guards.  You try your best, but it can be frustrating when neither of you feel like you can really maximize your own utility in order to help your team win.  Usually it works out best for one to defer to the other and the deferring one tries to do his best playing in a role that doesn't utilize his strengths.  And it sounds like Terry was the one being asked to defer and change his game.

I don't want to excuse Terry necessarily for his poor play and certainly can't say that his play this season ever earned him any more time.  But I can totally get what he's feeling inside.  It was a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty situation.

And I've got a ton of respect for players that can adapt and change their games to fit alongside similar players.  CP3 has particularly impressed me in that regard.  But I definitely can understand how its hard to do that.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur