Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick  (Read 19762 times)

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2017, 06:23:52 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Now they're bickering. Some are furious

"Every time they win, you have a long explanation as to why it happened because it allows you to hold on to your original premise that they are one of the worst teams in the nba. Bottom line is they are playing without two major pieces and still competive right now.

We all thought they were going to be horrible. We were wrong, they are just below average. Some of us have just come to terms with what is actually happening, not what we want to happen"

"You guys need to stop coming up with excuses on why the Nets win. Someone is playing, someone is not, someone is having a career year. It's time to admit the Nets aren't as bad as we needed them to be and if Isiah doesn't come back close to the player he was last year then we got ****ed in the Kyrie trade. They have a good coach and they play hard, two things that the teams worse than them don't have in some cases. Keep the pick and expect it to be in the 10-15 range, don't raise your expectations."
It's so beautiful!

I do agree with the posters there about how ridiculous some people are talking about how lucky the Nets have been every game. The Nets are in every game and their point differential shows they are right about where they should be. It would be amazing if they actually made a small trade to compete for the 8th spot. Interestingly I don't think Okafor got off the bench for them last night.
He hasn't gotten off the bench in at least a couple weeks, I don't think.

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Cavs fans are convinced we are trolling them today

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We just helped the Cavs by beating the Nets.  ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Now they're bickering. Some are furious

"Every time they win, you have a long explanation as to why it happened because it allows you to hold on to your original premise that they are one of the worst teams in the nba. Bottom line is they are playing without two major pieces and still competive right now.

We all thought they were going to be horrible. We were wrong, they are just below average. Some of us have just come to terms with what is actually happening, not what we want to happen"

"You guys need to stop coming up with excuses on why the Nets win. Someone is playing, someone is not, someone is having a career year. It's time to admit the Nets aren't as bad as we needed them to be and if Isiah doesn't come back close to the player he was last year then we got ****ed in the Kyrie trade. They have a good coach and they play hard, two things that the teams worse than them don't have in some cases. Keep the pick and expect it to be in the 10-15 range, don't raise your expectations."
It's so beautiful!

I do agree with the posters there about how ridiculous some people are talking about how lucky the Nets have been every game. The Nets are in every game and their point differential shows they are right about where they should be. It would be amazing if they actually made a small trade to compete for the 8th spot. Interestingly I don't think Okafor got off the bench for them last night.
He hasn't gotten off the bench in at least a couple weeks, I don't think.
he appears to be in the rotation now.  Guess he finally learned the Nets complicated system such that they feel comfortable with him out there
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think they looked good against the celtics last night. played hard.

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2018, 11:26:42 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
they might be helped out by that last play, DeMarre Carroll looked in rough shape

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Some joy for Friday from the thread that keeps giving:

"Why the ____ aren't we trading IT for Dinwiddie at this point?"

"It’s a sad world where I’m constantly tuning into Brooklyn games over the Cavs because they’re more competitive. A ____ lottery team, how the ____ is that? I really hope some playoff contenders give up a 1st rounder for DinWiddle and Carroll.

"There's no point talking about the Kyrie trade now.

"Kyrie wanted to leave. I was in favour of still keeping him after the trade request but after reading the stuffs he did, it was pretty evident he wanted to ____ off asap. And him being a ____ didn't help us get a better deal either.

Where we made the mistake is not anticipating IT would never be the same player. Also, not considering how bad his defense would be and how much it would affect us, who were already a poor defensive team. Thats where the front office deserve a lot of criticism. They should have traded IT straight away for a pick or two, and then use that to get Bledsoe."

Can't really find a fan happy with the trade there...

Note they swear a ton, i put in blanks to make it celtic blog forum friendly

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2018, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

"Why the &*^% aren't we trading IT for Dinwiddie at this point?"

"It’s a sad world where I’m constantly tuning into Brooklyn games over the Cavs because they’re more competitive. A *&%$# lottery team, how the &%$% is that? I really hope some playoff contenders give up a 1st rounder for DinWiddle and Carroll.

"Kyrie wanted to leave. I was in favour of still keeping him after the trade request but after reading the stuffs he did, it was pretty evident he wanted to ____ off asap. And him being a ____ didn't help us get a better deal either.

Where we made the mistake is not anticipating IT would never be the same player. Also, not considering how bad his defense would be and how much it would affect us, who were already a poor defensive team. Thats where the front office deserve a lot of criticism. They should have traded IT straight away for a pick or two, and then use that to get Bledsoe."

But it's an even sadder world when somebody is thinking "Why the &*^% aren't we trading IT for Dinwiddie at this point?"

Mike

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

"Why the &*^% aren't we trading IT for Dinwiddie at this point?"

"It’s a sad world where I’m constantly tuning into Brooklyn games over the Cavs because they’re more competitive. A *&%$# lottery team, how the &%$% is that? I really hope some playoff contenders give up a 1st rounder for DinWiddle and Carroll.

But it's an even sadder world when somebody is thinking "Why the &*^% aren't we trading IT for Dinwiddie at this point?"

Mike

On the ringer podcast they were talking about how IT's next contract is going down in value every day. Which stinks for him.

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Thomas had a serious hip injury and didn't play for a long time.  I don't know why anyone would expect him to be 100% immediately.  It will take him 20 games to really get back into form.  I find overreactions by all fans just funny.  Thomas will likely never match last year (even if he was 100% healthy that was unlikely), but he will certainly get a lot better than he is right now.  Just the way injuries work.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Thomas had a serious hip injury and didn't play for a long time.  I don't know why anyone would expect him to be 100% immediately.  It will take him 20 games to really get back into form.  I find overreactions by all fans just funny.  Thomas will likely never match last year (even if he was 100% healthy that was unlikely), but he will certainly get a lot better than he is right now.  Just the way injuries work.

...Except for when they don't.  IT's hip is NOT normal and this injury has a chance to be chronic, or even career-ending.

Add to this that he's the smallest player in the league who was already a bad defender, and his game is built on speed, and you have a recipe for potential disaster.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20595342/nba-cleveland-cavaliers-guard-isaiah-thomas-faces-uncertain-return-potentially-career-ending-hip-injury

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

...Except for when they don't.  IT's hip is NOT normal and this injury has a chance to be chronic, or even career-ending.

Add to this that he's the smallest player in the league who was already a bad defender, and his game is built on speed, and you have a recipe for potential disaster.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20595342/nba-cleveland-cavaliers-guard-isaiah-thomas-faces-uncertain-return-potentially-career-ending-hip-injury

That's the thing that was so scary is the nature of this injury. Other players have more ways to change their game also. Marc gasol, through age and injury has slowed down, but he has really
Increased his range offsetting some of the slight lost quickness. At 5'9, if he loses quickness, IT can't reinvent himself in he post or develop a fadeaway to offset his lost quickness. Also, it isn't just fans. There is a lot of smoke that the front office is open to trading him. It's clearly gone worse than they expected.