Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28405 times)

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If Ainge could somehow get the Pelicans to take on Hayward's contract and keep Tatum, that would be sweet. Something like Hayward, Brown, Smart, and a boatload of picks for Davis and Hill's contract. He might try that before offering Tatum with the Pels hoping Hayward can return to all star form. For the Celts, we have a big 3 of Kyrie, AD and Tatum for years to come.

I also wonder if Ainge tries to move up in the draft by consolidating some of his picks. On a side note, Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace hopes their pick conveys to the Celts this summer

You don't have to include Smart, with Williams you also match the salary.
In that case it's more or less what you value more Tatum+Hill or Brown+Hayward?
Tatum+Hill is a lot cheaper, but Brown+Hayward is (probably) better.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Either we get AD, or you will live to see the day the Lakers pass us in total championships.

Pick one.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Either we get AD, or you will live to see the day the Lakers pass us in total championships.

Pick one.

That could still happen anyways if we trade for AD, don't win a Finals, he leaves, goes to LAL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Nick what did I tell about teams resting/not dressing players on purpose?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25954077/nba-stressed-rest-rule-100k-fine-pelicans-anthony-davis%3Fplatform%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwj1xc6Nva3gAhUtJjQIHc4uDfIQiJQBMAB6BAgDEAQ&usg=AOvVaw25vNus-VW2P7GMUWcH_oR_&ampcf=1

Pelicans should just play AD like 1 minute a game and then bench him the rest of each game  :P

What they should do is just take the fine. That's less than 3 million for the rest of the season. Then when they trade Davis have whatever team they are trading with thrown in an extra 3 million in cash just to spite the league.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Nick what did I tell about teams resting/not dressing players on purpose?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25954077/nba-stressed-rest-rule-100k-fine-pelicans-anthony-davis%3Fplatform%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwj1xc6Nva3gAhUtJjQIHc4uDfIQiJQBMAB6BAgDEAQ&usg=AOvVaw25vNus-VW2P7GMUWcH_oR_&ampcf=1

Pelicans should just play AD like 1 minute a game and then bench him the rest of each game  :P

What they should do is just take the fine. That's less than 3 million for the rest of the season. Then when they trade Davis have whatever team they are trading with thrown in an extra 3 million in cash just to spite the league.

I actually think soon they'll just be content with taking the fine. It just seems like an ugly situation all-around now. Even the Pelicans fans have no clue what to do when AD is out there  :P

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Pick one.

That could still happen anyways if we trade for AD, don't win a Finals, he leaves, goes to LAL.

Yeah that's probably his plan anyways. Colluding with LeBron James behind the curtains, go to Celtics and make them lose all their studs (Tatum, Brown, picks) and then bolt to Lakers one year later. Kyrie will then demand trade.

I've seen it all in TV dramas and in the real world, and this seems like it's no difference. There's always a snake hidden in every company.

Only way this won't work is if AD will ink an extension on that same day he gets traded to Boston. A verbal agreement means nothing.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I remember this kind of stories about George. He was a lock to go to LA and yet he stayed in OCK... Let me repeat that PG choose to stay in oklahoma city thunder. And we are having doubts about convincing AD to stay in Boston and compete for the championship the next 6 7 years?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Pick one.

Yeah that's probably his plan anyways. Colluding with LeBron James behind the curtains, go to Celtics and make them lose all their studs (Tatum, Brown, picks) and then bolt to Lakers one year later. Kyrie will then demand trade.

I've seen it all in TV dramas and in the real world, and this seems like it's no difference. There's always a snake hidden in every company.

Only way this won't work is if AD will ink an extension on that same day he gets traded to Boston. A verbal agreement means nothing.
Financially, it will make more sense for Davis to let his current contract end and sign a series of one year deals until he can sign a full(35% of the cap) max, 4 year deal. Davis already gave up the supermax extension costing him tens of millions. He will make it up by not extending off this contract and signing one year deals until he gets his years in where he is eligible for 35% of cap max, much like Kevin Durant has done.

So do not expect any extension for Davis before 2020. It's probably going to mean those wanting a guarantee of Davis beyond 2020, as a necessity for trading Tatum, aren't going to be happy for quite some time.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Pick one.

Financially, it will make more sense for Davis to let his current contract end and sign a series of one year deals until he can sign a full(35% of the cap) max, 4 year deal. Davis already gave up the supermax extension costing him tens of millions. He will make it up by not extending off this contract and signing one year deals until he gets his years in where he is eligible for 35% of cap max, much like Kevin Durant has done.

So do not expect any extension for Davis before 2020. It's probably going to mean those wanting a guarantee of Davis beyond 2020, as a necessity for trading Tatum, aren't going to be happy for quite some time.

After his contract expires he'll have eight years of experience. So my guess is he signs a 2+1 at the 30% max, plays the two years, then opts out to sign a 35% max. 2+1 gives him an extra year of security (vs 1+1).

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Pick one.

After his contract expires he'll have eight years of experience. So my guess is he signs a 2+1 at the 30% max, plays the two years, then opts out to sign a 35% max. 2+1 gives him an extra year of security (vs 1+1).
Okay, either or. I think that will be dependent on how much control he wants to have regarding possibly moving again before signing that big contract.

The point being that either way, Davis will not be signing an extension at any time. Those that want some sort of guarantee of Davis staying long term before trading Tatum away, simply are not going to get that guarantee. I don't see Davis making it a guarantee he will be here by signing a contract until July 1st, 2020 and even then it will be just a one or two year deal.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Let me add another reason:

- We look bad now honestly, and it’s various different things. Idk if trading for AD would make us a Finals team or just the Pelicans of the East. Also seems like we may be dealing with chemistry issues...   :(

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

- We look bad now honestly, and it’s various different things. Idk if trading for AD would make us a Finals team or just the Pelicans of the East. Also seems like we may be dealing with chemistry issues...   :(

Well if you believe Marcus Morris it is chemistry issues, then again, maybe he is part of those problems as well.  We aren't in the locker room.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Well if you believe Marcus Morris it is chemistry issues, then again, maybe he is part of those problems as well.  We aren't in the locker room.

Marcus Morris is taking a lead form te Kyrie Irving school of leaderhsip by airing the teams dirty laundry out in front of the media. ITS NOT HELPING.

Offline e001

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • C Us Rise
I remember this kind of stories about George. He was a lock to go to LA and yet he stayed in OCK... Let me repeat that PG choose to stay in oklahoma city thunder. And we are having doubts about convincing AD to stay in Boston and compete for the championship the next 6 7 years?

He only stayed in OKC because he didn't want to play with Lebron.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, because this team as composed can beat everyone...   JK

We need another star and I am sorry but at present Tatum is not it and we need AD