Author Topic: Draft targets at #9 (If the Memphis pick conveys)  (Read 4260 times)

Re: Draft targets at #9 (If the Memphis pick conveys)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 03:57:52 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I think Bol Bol falls to end of lottery. I think if he's available with the SAC pick that we should take a shot at him. The upside is huge. I wouldn't take him with MEM (at current position).

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 07:32:14 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I still need to go digging and settle into my own, but given my previous thoughts on the Celtics draft needs (which assume Robert Williams plays a big role), I think drafting someone that blends both Morris and Horford because we are going to need those roles to be replaced, and Williams will have taken Horford's rim protection.  This makes me initially inclined to gravitate to Bol Bol, but as I mention, I haven't come to my own consensus.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 08:09:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bassey, Naz Reid and Luguentz Dort are guys that I like.

Agree though, if Bol is there we should snag him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 08:36:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I still need to go digging and settle into my own, but given my previous thoughts on the Celtics draft needs (which assume Robert Williams plays a big role), I think drafting someone that blends both Morris and Horford because we are going to need those roles to be replaced, and Williams will have taken Horford's rim protection.  This makes me initially inclined to gravitate to Bol Bol, but as I mention, I haven't come to my own consensus.
I agree. Bol compliments the team well. He gives us that porzingis  style rotation player

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 03:03:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Anybody seen this kid Charles Bassey from Western Kentucky?  Could be interesting to nab with our Memphis pick if available.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/charles-bassey

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think this is somewhat of a dud draft - Hachimura or Garland would be nice with the picks, but ideally we ship the picks out in a deal for AD.
I dislike grading drafts. Why is it a dud? Everyone thought the wiggins/parker draft was super amazing before the draft...What happened there? Marcus smart 2nd best player of the top 10

It's also very early to be considering it a dud draft before the tournament...

agreed.

2013 draft was considered weakest in years. The draft that produced Giannis.  Anything can happen. Scouting is key.  Along with luck.

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Anybody seen this kid Charles Bassey from Western Kentucky?  Could be interesting to nab with our Memphis pick if available.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/charles-bassey

I've watched a number of highlights so take it for what it's worth but he looks a little clunky. Not a smooth and athletic as Robert Williams.

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 11:41:22 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I think this is somewhat of a dud draft - Hachimura or Garland would be nice with the picks, but ideally we ship the picks out in a deal for AD.
I dislike grading drafts. Why is it a dud? Everyone thought the wiggins/parker draft was super amazing before the draft...What happened there? Marcus smart 2nd best player of the top 10

It's also very early to be considering it a dud draft before the tournament...

agreed.

2013 draft was considered weakest in years. The draft that produced Giannis.  Anything can happen. Scouting is key.  Along with luck.
This draft IS weak. It's only 3 players deep. After that there's players of similar value from picks 4-15 so scouting will be key to try and get a Giannis instead of Kelly O.

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 02:33:12 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would go with Hunter. He is a player who has a lot of upside while still having a very safe floor. I will be surprised if he isn't a top 8 pick but will keep hoping  that the Cs picks and Hunters stock work out and he is available.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 06:57:02 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I still prefer Darius Garland with our lottery pick (Jarrett Culver, Keldon Johnson and Kevin Porter are the others). He'll be a great replacement for TRoz. Not sure if Kyrie would be able to handle a rookie PG so a veteran PG would need to come in for a year. But Garland looked really good before going down. His injury is not serious and should not be a worry moving forward.

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 07:13:43 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Memphis is swirling the drain - I don’t expect the pick to convey.

Sacto is probably 10-13 pick, which is the same neighborhood as 9. So, similar conversation, different pick.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 08:24:50 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I would prefer Boston package all 2019 draft picks and try to move into the top 3

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would prefer Boston package all 2019 draft picks and try to move into the top 3

I think many of us would if we aren’t using them in a trade for a star.  The question is if it a team with a top 3 pick would want that sort of deal.  It would be great if we just hit on the lottery ping pong balls and the Kings pick is in the 2 to 4 range.  Lol