Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 20015 times)

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think it is just increasing Rozier's trade value.   Rookie contract. 

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ya ll wait till 100% Healthy Irving takes the court with the eye of the Tiger ,  not gonna miss Rozier one minute .   Uncle drew will do Unlce Drew stuff to everybody .

I ll take the fleecing DA is about to slap on somebodies butt .

Question is which sucker is gonna bite on DA hookwhen he dangles Rozier.

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'm wondering when our assets will have the Patriots effect across the league. Meaning GM's just start to think they are a product of Stevens system and really not as good as they appear to be.

Combine that and the reputation Ainge has on getting the better end of a deal makes you wonder how much teams will be willing to trade for guys like Scary Terry.

I mean who has left the C's and has been as productive? Kelly O maybe? Crowder is showing life on Utah, but that's really it.

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2018, 01:48:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Every game the Celts keep winning, the closer this subject is not looking ridiculous

I mean at this rate, does Rozier and his camp take a role less than being a starter?

One thing Rozier has an adv over Kyrie is defense. I don't think anyone can argue this

Two,  I think he has a better jump shot.   Not saying he is a better jump shooter yet, but has the ability to make off balance shot, rises up higher, quicker release.... also clutch. 

May have a chance for less injury as shooting and occasional drives to the basket are staples of his game vs Kyrie adventures to the basket which can increase chance to aggravate injuries

Unless the Celts win it all this year, no chance Kyrie is not brought back next season. But the Celts must keep Rozier and Smart , at least for one more season before making a huge decision as to what to do for 2019-2020 season

Maybe Kyrie is damaged goods or constantly injured (and not extended/traded).  Team will definitely need Smart and Rozier to make it up then

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Come on, guys.  Rozier's literal best game ever is only a smidge better than par for Kyrie. 

Kyrie averaged 24/5/4 while throwing in a steal per game and coming pretty close to the 50/40/90 club.  Have we already forgotten how good this guy is?  I love what Rozier is doing for us right now, but let's be reasonable. 

My hope is that Rozier can channel this hot streak into a legit 6th man of the year argument next year and then go get himself paid.  But he's not making Kyrie expendable. 

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2018, 02:12:20 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Come on, guys.  Rozier's literal best game ever is only a smidge better than par for Kyrie. 

Kyrie averaged 24/5/4 while throwing in a steal per game and coming pretty close to the 50/40/90 club.  Have we already forgotten how good this guy is?  I love what Rozier is doing for us right now, but let's be reasonable. 

My hope is that Rozier can channel this hot streak into a legit 6th man of the year argument next year and then go get himself paid.  But he's not making Kyrie expendable.

Thank-you.

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

when would you change your mind?

What if the help with Rozier the Celts it to the ECF? or Finals? Or win it all

at what point would you change your mind...curious

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

For me, at no point.  This thread makes little sense.  First, people have it backwards.  The question is, how much can we get for Rozier now that he is showing flashes?  No way we trade Kyrie, especially because Rozier is had some good games.

Second, we'd all be happy to trade a very good asset (e.g., Kyrie) for a great asset (e.g., Kawhi).  But how to we get to lucky?  How come we get more than we give?

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

There are too many factors at play.

You can't just pick a point and say if we get that far Irving is expendable.

Rozier isnt someone I want to rely on game in and game out. In 3 road games this playoffs he's shooting 28%(10/36) from the field, 26%(7/27) from 3, and averaging just 11.7points.

He's so far exceeded my expectations and I am blown away by his play, but he's still not consistent and it's tough to put faith in him as your starting point guard.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

For me, at no point.  This thread makes little sense.  First, people have it backwards.  The question is, how much can we get for Rozier now that he is showing flashes?  No way we trade Kyrie, especially because Rozier is had some good games.

Second, we'd all be happy to trade a very good asset (e.g., Kyrie) for a great asset (e.g., Kawhi).  But how to we get to lucky?  How come we get more than we give?

you are not answering the question

are you saying if the Celts win the championship with Rozier as one of the key players

the question should still be, how much more we can milk out of somebody (via trade).  Still got to keep Kyrie?

I don't think its as simple as this

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2018, 02:54:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

There are too many factors at play.

You can't just pick a point and say if we get that far Irving is expendable.

Rozier isnt someone I want to rely on game in and game out. In 3 road games this playoffs he's shooting 28%(10/36) from the field, 26%(7/27) from 3, and averaging just 11.7points.

He's so far exceeded my expectations and I am blown away by his play, but he's still not consistent and it's tough to put faith in him as your starting point guard.

It doesn't have to be Rozier = starting PG.   Is Rozier looking like starting material

Right now , he is not running the point half the time with Larkin, Smart out on the court

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
One other thing to keep in mind.  What happens if Kyrie decides he wants to play in New York.  When he opts out next year every team has a shot at him.  I hope he likes it in Boston and all sign show him returning but what happens if he does not.  If the C's trade Rozier and Kyrie walks they have no one to replace him.  Maybe Rozier is kept next year as Kyrie insurance and if Kyrie insinuates he wants to test FA and all the teams he's interested in have a shot then it's easy to resign Rozier. Kyrie has not stated yet that he is going to reup with the C's.  He's made comments that lead me to believe he will but he hasn't stated like KD has stated that I am not leaving I am definitely signing my contract when I Opt out.  This is the one scenario I really didn't think of until now because I've always assumed Kyrie would resign with Boston.

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This Rozier stuff certainly screams "prisoner of the moment".

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I do agree on this minus

unless he can come through on a few road games in the playoffs....  he still has things to prove

at home with the fans cheering him on, he has been dynamite

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Rozier breaking out like this kind of reminds of Reggie Jackson's time in OKC when Westbrook was out injured. Jackson ended up refusing a bench role and demanded to be traded. Wondering if Rozier would accept a role as a 7th man off the bench after all of this.
Jack of all trades, master of none.