Author Topic: Chad Ford's Second Mock Draft  (Read 12452 times)

Re: Chad Ford's Second Mock Draft
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
He got in a barfight and got stabbed when he was at Kansas, then got suspended at New Mexico, where his coach said this: “He did nothing illegal, nothing unethical. This program tries to promote being a good teammate and I want to emphasize that.”

Doesn't jump off the page as a high character guy.

Very good points.  The coach who suspended him, however, was a moron who tried to recruit Christians only and won like 7 road games in his 5 year career at New Mexico.  Steve Alford took over last year and Giddens was a model citizen who won Mountain West Conference player of the year, leading the conference in point and rebounds (as a 2 guard!).  I agree that there is some risk, but, if Ainge checks him out and he's ok, he's a STEAL that late in the draft.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I've said it before but if Rider's Jason Thompson is still available.  A lot of mocks have him in the early 20's while Ford doesn't even have him in the first round.  I would love to see him fall to us and hopefully we'll pick him up.  He is a versatile big man who is a shot blocker and more importantly a complimentary scorer to KG that Perk is not.  He can shoot the ball with range and score in the post.  I can see him grabbing 8 PPG easy if he plays his minutes along with KG. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I've said it before but if Rider's Jason Thompson is still available.  A lot of mocks have him in the early 20's while Ford doesn't even have him in the first round.  I would love to see him fall to us and hopefully we'll pick him up.  He is a versatile big man who is a shot blocker and more importantly a complimentary scorer to KG that Perk is not.  He can shoot the ball with range and score in the post.  I can see him grabbing 8 PPG easy if he plays his minutes along with KG. 

Yes I like Rider too!  I also liked what I read about Courtney Lee...great shot, hard worker, N.B.A. body, strong character....

If Kyle Weaver can become a good enough PG to back up Rondo, then I'd grab him.  If not, forget it...

1. Rider  2. J.J. Hickson (trading Baby) 3. Hardin  4.  Lee  5.  Weaver if PG.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Yes I like Rider too!  I also liked what I read about Courtney Lee...great shot, hard worker, N.B.A. body, strong character....

If Kyle Weaver can become a good enough PG to back up Rondo, then I'd grab him.  If not, forget it...

1. Rider  2. J.J. Hickson (trading Baby) 3. Hardin  4.  Lee  5.  Weaver if PG.

I mean Thompson, not Rider... ::)

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 07:14:39 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
I think we will keep the #30 pick, and buy another one in the 15-25 range (probably from Seattle). With the two picks we're going to select Douglas-Roberts/Rush/Walker and Jawai/Hardin.

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
I'd take lester hudson. Check him out on nba draft 2nd round pick. The guy is a rodney stuckey twin. Played in a slight lower division. Scored more than he had to since he had nobody in his team. Solid athlete, penetrate, shooting(shot 10 threes in his last game) , can pass.

I wouldn't mind taking a risk on this guy. I have no faith on gabe pruitt as a backup

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 12:17:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think we will keep the #30 pick, and buy another one in the 15-25 range (probably from Seattle). With the two picks we're going to select Douglas-Roberts/Rush/Walker and Jawai/Hardin.

I'd be on board with that, but I don't get the feeling that Danny wants to add a lot of rookies to this team.  If anything, he'll be trying to make trades for more veteran talent.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I am not a fan of this idea for 2 reasons...1, I don't expect teams to be "selling" picks like that (especially not Seattle).  But more importantly, we need that extra roster spot for a veteran.  Remember, we are still in the hunt for a championship next year.  One rookie is enough.