Author Topic: Kuzma pushes lebron into defense  (Read 1092 times)

Kuzma pushes lebron into defense
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Kuzma pushes lebron into defense
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:49:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Man between this and pass off the back board the other day things are getting ugly for Lebron. I also think this may make players less likely to want to go there

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Not a big deal at all.  Me and my teammates do this to each other all the time.  The person behind you can see more of the floor and its a way to jump start the rotation that needs to be made.  You'll see lots of this in the NBA if you look closely.

Let's break this particular play down carefully.  If you watch from the beginning, Gallinari was Kuzma's man.  Kuzma could see he wouldn't be able to get to Gallinari in time to contest the shot because Lebron was standing in the way of that path.  Lebron couldn't see that he was in the middle of Kuzma's path because he's not Jason Kidd with eyes in the back of his head.  The most efficient way to defend the shot was to switch.  So instead of yelling "Switch" and Lebron needing to hear and react, the most efficient way to communicate this is to push him out there.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Man between this and pass off the back board the other day things are getting ugly for Lebron. I also think this may make players less likely to want to go there

He is getting fat .....I ve named him LeFatty .  Dude is got tobe 280 .

Going though the offensive motions , bully ball and getting his numbers.  But he is giving up and getting out played by bench caliber players defensively most every night.  He CANplaygreat defense,   he just won't expend the effort .  For 138 million , every second should be balls to the wall effort .  If not , then he is way over paid.

Whining and pointing fingers at everybody else and never taking responsibility for playing little defense.

He is at LA for one thing .   To stuff his bank account and position himself for retirement . 

He is getting to be the fat Elvis of basketball.     

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:53:33 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
LeBum has been coasting on defense for years...here are 7 examples just this year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/3/5/18251485/lebron-james-defense-lakers-kyle-kuzma-shove-video
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D