Author Topic: Espn: Lakers now only have a 5% chance to make the playoffs  (Read 4109 times)

Espn: Lakers now only have a 5% chance to make the playoffs
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:30:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Father time wins again

Re: Espn: Lakers now only have a 5% chance to make the playoffs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:06:28 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Go Clippers

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 03:55:24 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
A wasted year for LeBum and he doesn't have much of those left.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Father time wins again
much less about father time and far more about a generally terrible off season by the Lakers.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:45:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Father time wins again
much less about father time and far more about a generally terrible off season by the Lakers.
Their offseason was by no means a success (outside of the obvious), but I think they're suffering in a similar manner to us. The AD debacle has completely thrown them off course, alongside LeBron's injury and decline
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 07:51:06 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I’m torn between making a joke about staying in the East or poking fun at how horrible of a job the Lakers have done at drafting for the last 6 years.

Yeah, I’ll take the dig at the Lakers incompetency on every day that ends in “y”

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 07:57:03 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I’m still sickened and disgusted that Lebron is a Laker.  Team isn’t going anywhere this season, but if Leonard or Davis join LBJ next year, Lakers are going to leap to contender again. Lebron still looks great pretty dang good to me. I think Father Time is granting his 2nd favorite son a few more years.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 08:02:06 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
When he signed a max deal I said that the last 1 to 2 years would be a massive overpay and that they’d be regretting the contract. I can’t believe they wasted one of the good years. Total disaster.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Father time wins again
Their offseason was by no means a success (outside of the obvious), but I think they're suffering in a similar manner to us. The AD debacle has completely thrown them off course, alongside LeBron's injury and decline
Obviously Lebron missing a month was a problem for them, but it was such a problem because they had a generally terrible off season.  The reality is, the young guys have actually been quite good the last couple of weeks, it is all the veterans they brought in over the summer that have been terrible and they have been especially terrible since Lebron came back. 

Magic Johnson is a horrible executive.  He has consistently shown that time and time again.  Pelinka was an agent before taking over as GM.  So he is new and very raw to his job.  He may end up ok as a GM, but he is not in a position where he can learn as he goes.  Too much at stake.  I'm not quite ready to call them the worst front office in the league, but I'd listen to arguments that they are and probably wouldn't object that much.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Father time wins again
Obviously Lebron missing a month was a problem for them, but it was such a problem because they had a generally terrible off season.  The reality is, the young guys have actually been quite good the last couple of weeks, it is all the veterans they brought in over the summer that have been terrible and they have been especially terrible since Lebron came back. 

Magic Johnson is a horrible executive. He has consistently shown that time and time again.  Pelinka was an agent before taking over as GM.  So he is new and very raw to his job.  He may end up ok as a GM, but he is not in a position where he can learn as he goes.  Too much at stake.  I'm not quite ready to call them the worst front office in the league, but I'd listen to arguments that they are and probably wouldn't object that much.
Yuuuup. He really is in my opinion. He gets such a free pass from the media too, because he's a "great basketball mind"
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I’m still sickened and disgusted that Lebron is a Laker.  Team isn’t going anywhere this season, but if Leonard or Davis join LBJ next year, Lakers are going to leap to contender again. Lebron still looks great pretty dang good to me. I think Father Time is granting his 2nd favorite son a few more years.

Agreed. Tom Brady will definitely play longer than LBJ.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I’m still sickened and disgusted that Lebron is a Laker.

They deserve him and all the baggage he brings....

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 09:00:27 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
When he signed a max deal I said that the last 1 to 2 years would be a massive overpay and that they’d be regretting the contract. I can’t believe they wasted one of the good years. Total disaster.

It shouldn't have been because the plan all along was to get AD but it backfired big time... Good  because I cannot stomach LBJ.. I hope they enter the playoffs though as an 8th seed and be humiliated in round 1 than enter the Zion sweepstakes with a less than 2 % chance of winning the lottery... You never know with Silver and his cahoots.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 09:56:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Zero chance Kawhi goes there. I think most non-Klutch guys want to avoid the circus.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 10:12:29 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Zero chance Kawhi goes there. I think most non-Klutch guys want to avoid the circus.

I struggle to understand why Lebron thinks becoming the first player-owner will work out in the end.