Author Topic: How LeBron would've affected the Celtics if he did come here...  (Read 1040 times)

How LeBron would've affected the Celtics if he did come here...
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Lakers ranked 10th in defense at the beginning of the season before Lebron got hurt.
Lakers ranked 7th in defense when Lebron was out for 6+ weeks.
Lakers now ranked 26th in defense, when LeBron came back LOL.

I've said it countless times before, and before again. LeBron may be the best player in the world, but his defense and lack of effort on that side of the basketball just absolutely Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing frustrates me... No accountability, terrible at roster management, (look at how screwed the Cavs are post-LeBron), and even worse at chemistry/leadership, (if any.)

Even though there were rumors that LeBron could've come to the Celtics, and 50/50 of this sub-forum was okay with it. I was momentarily fine as long as we didn't gut out roster. But I think I would've vomited a little, even though it still didn't make sense considering relationship between Kyrie and LeBron. (And people were advocating trading Kyrie for LeBron...? Yeah no thanks.)

Anyways, 100% happy we never got LeBron, everything worked out for the best, and I'm lol'ing at Lakers nation freaking about their last 1-4 record in the past 5 games in the spot where they desperately are on the wire for making the playoffs, and may possibly miss it?... (But I thought LeBron made everyone BETTER!!!!!!!!!)

https://twitter.com/JabariDavisNBA/status/1100240098484903936

#datdefensetho #goodluckFakers #SpaceJam2andthat'sallfolks
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: How LeBron would've affected the Celtics if he did come here...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
As much as I dislike Lebron on the opposing team, it would be impossible for me not to be excited if he was in Boston.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 12:06:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Don't put the Cavs mismanagement on Lebron.  The Heat didn't fall off a cliff and that is with Bosh developing blood clots.  Had Bosh not gotten sick the Heat would have solidly been a mid-tier playoff team every year without Lebron. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Don't put the Cavs mismanagement on Lebron.  The Heat didn't fall off a cliff and that is with Bosh developing blood clots.  Had Bosh not gotten sick the Heat would have solidly been a mid-tier playoff team every year without Lebron.
You realize that Lebron pretty much forced the GMs to make all the moves that Lebron wanted in Cleveland?  This set them up only to win now with zero long term thinking.  Then Lebron bolted and left the Cavs with nothing.  Of course Lebron is responsible for the Cavs mismanagement.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
You realize that Lebron pretty much forced the GMs to make all the moves that Lebron wanted in Cleveland?  This set them up only to win now with zero long term thinking.  Then Lebron bolted and left the Cavs with nothing.  Of course Lebron is responsible for the Cavs mismanagement.

Yeah I certainly don't think you can put it all on James, but it is also not fair to not give James blame for saddling them with paying Tristan Thompson and Jr Smith 31 million dollars this year? 

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:30:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
He'd have traded Hayward, Morris, Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye, ROZIER away.
He'd definitely put Brad Stevens on the hot seat.
He'd give Danny Ainge a challenge and LeBron will want it HIS way, not Ainge's way.
He'd pressure Wyc Grousbeck as well.

LeBron the owner, the GM, the coach, and the player.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 09:35:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
That isn't true at all.  David Griffin has consistently said that talk was always nonsense.  He put the roster together and James didn't dictate anything to him.  Now obviously Griffin was making win now moves because you don't want to waste James' best remaining years and he needed to go all in, but Griffin was the decision maker in those trades and signings.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip