Author Topic: Could of been the Nash reality show  (Read 2766 times)

Could of been the Nash reality show
« on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Re: Could of been the Nash reality show
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Maybe thats why Nash was on Entourage last week.  Getting his face out there to prove he can do TV
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
Maybe thats why Nash was on Entourage last week.  Getting his face out there to prove he can do TV

really? I don't have HBO. Was he any good?

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61223/20090820/shaq_stole_nashs_idea_for_reality_show/

Wow, very interesting.  If its true, that's pretty low of Shaq to do.  I really like Shaq and all the entertainment he provides, but as a professional film maker, I can't stand the idea of someone else stealing your ideas or taking credit for them.  In the media field that is considered the biggest no-no there is.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

really? I don't have HBO. Was he any good?

He was really only on for a second.  I thought it was really random actually, but ya he was decent for what he did
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61223/20090820/shaq_stole_nashs_idea_for_reality_show/

Wow, very interesting.  If its true, that's pretty low of Shaq to do.  I really like Shaq and all the entertainment he provides, but as a professional film maker, I can't stand the idea of someone else stealing your ideas or taking credit for them.  In the media field that is considered the biggest no-no there is.

Yep, cheap move by Shaq, and the TV Show would have been as fun or even funnier if Nash was doing it in my opinion.

It's just another story that confirms that Shaq wasn't really appreciated in the Suns' locker room. It seems that he can't leave a team on good terms and the history will repeat in Cleveland.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
It was always hard to know who to believe in the whole Shaq/Kobe/Phil circus. But there's absolutely zero question, at least for me, as to the truth on this one - believe Nash, not Shaq.

Honestly, I've always given Shaq the benefit of the doubt. But this story knocks Shaq down several rungs on my respect-o-meter. What an arrogant baxter.

What's interesting is that if Nash did the show, it really would have been a competition because Nash can actually hold his own as an athlete in different sports. With Shaq, the show isn't seriously competitive, it's mostly just a joke (though Nash would have been plenty funny too). I watched part of the Shaq vs. Roethlesberger the other night and it was a total joke. Ben even beat Shaq at his own game (HORSE).

Two thumbs down for Shaq.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
I'd like to see a show like this with LeBron...unfortuently if he lost we'd never see the footage.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Yep, cheap move by Shaq, and the TV Show would have been as fun or even funnier if Nash was doing it in my opinion.

It's just another story that confirms that Shaq wasn't really appreciated in the Suns' locker room. It seems that he can't leave a team on good terms and the history will repeat in Cleveland.
Very true, I would give you a TP but I can't because I just gave you one in the "100 TP's" thread.  I was going to respond to this by saying almost exactly this:

What's interesting is that if Nash did the show, it really would have been a competition because Nash can actually hold his own as an athlete in different sports. With Shaq, the show isn't seriously competitive, it's mostly just a joke (though Nash would have been plenty funny too).
So TP for you for saving me the writing.

I'd like to see a show like this with LeBron...unfortuently if he lost we'd never see the footage.
And TP to you because that was just plain funny

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
Shaq responds:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61254/20090822/shaq_nashs_idea_was_different/

"Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds".

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If it were Steven Nash, the show would never have been made.

Nash is not a big enough draw.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Haha. Good one.

I read today that Shaq was saying Nash's idea was more of "training with icons of each sport" not "competing". Theft or not, the only audience Nash would have over Shaq is Canada(and even that is doubtful)
Can't stop, Rondo!