Author Topic: Would you trade our both of our 2015 1sts for Noel or Embiid?  (Read 11936 times)

Re: Would you trade our both of our 2015 1sts for Noel or Embiid?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 02:09:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Id prefer to let Philly develop them and C's just make sure they have cap $ to sign them. No player is going to trust Philly to sign and stay there at the rate they are going.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:09:53 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Yes, I would trade them both.

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 05:36:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I can see the 76ers trade Noel or Embiid on night draft especially if they get lucky to draft Towns or Okafor. 

I would be worried about getting Embiid due to his injury/progress to recovery.  But he has more potential to be dominant than Noel.   Noel would really help out Sullinger and KO on the defensive end . Looks healthy, explosive, looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSD85T974I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1RLYG3myE

They wouldn't give up either one of those guys for our picks. Our picks are crap.
You'd have to give up our picks+ Brooklyn pick (at least one).

Edit: and to answer your question, yes I wouldn't hesitate to give up both our picks for one of them. Philly just isn't that dumb though.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:49:39 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:48 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If our pick isn't top 10 than yes I would.

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561

With the 11,26 picks, how many spots can you move up?
With the 11,26, 33rd picks, how many spots can you move up?

I'll look at the last couple drafts

Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers trade[69]

Orlando acquired draft rights to 10th pick Elfrid Payton
    Philadelphia 76ers acquired draft rights to 12th pick Dario ?ari?, a 2015 second-round pick and a future first-round pick

So #10 for #12, a 2nd and another future 1st.

Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls trade[70]

Chicago acquired Anthony Randolph and draft rights to 11th pick Doug McDermott
    Denver acquired draft rights to 16th pick Jusuf Nurki?, draft rights to 19th pick Gary Harris and a 2015 second-round pick

So #11 for #16, #19 and a 2nd.

The Minnesota Timberwolves traded 9th pick Trey Burke to the Utah Jazz in exchange for the 14th pick Shabazz Muhammad and the 21st pick Gorgui Dieng.

So #9 for #14 and #21

The Dallas Mavericks traded 13th pick Kelly Olynyk to the Boston Celtics in exchange for the draft rights to the 16th pick Lucas Nogueira and a pair of 2014 second-round picks.

So #13 for #16 and a couple 2nds

The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Kelenna Azubuike and the draft rights to 17th pick Tyler Zeller from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for the draft rights to 24th pick Jared Cunningham, 33rd pick Bernard James and 34th pick Jae Crowder.

#17 for #24, #33 and #34

... So with #11 and #26 you might be able to move up to #7-9.  Certainly not getting you Nerlens Noel or Embiid (who is thought to be better than every prospect in this draft). 

Smart, Sully and #11 might at least get you a phone call with Philly.
I don't think the Sixers would have any interest in Sully.  Besides the fact that he is short, slow and unathletic, he's going into his contract year and they wouldn't want to have to overpay to keep him. 

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 10:06:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

With the 11,26 picks, how many spots can you move up?
With the 11,26, 33rd picks, how many spots can you move up?

I'll look at the last couple drafts

Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers trade[69]

Orlando acquired draft rights to 10th pick Elfrid Payton
    Philadelphia 76ers acquired draft rights to 12th pick Dario ?arić, a 2015 second-round pick and a future first-round pick

So #10 for #12, a 2nd and another future 1st.

Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls trade[70]

Chicago acquired Anthony Randolph and draft rights to 11th pick Doug McDermott
    Denver acquired draft rights to 16th pick Jusuf Nurkić, draft rights to 19th pick Gary Harris and a 2015 second-round pick

So #11 for #16, #19 and a 2nd.

The Minnesota Timberwolves traded 9th pick Trey Burke to the Utah Jazz in exchange for the 14th pick Shabazz Muhammad and the 21st pick Gorgui Dieng.

So #9 for #14 and #21

The Dallas Mavericks traded 13th pick Kelly Olynyk to the Boston Celtics in exchange for the draft rights to the 16th pick Lucas Nogueira and a pair of 2014 second-round picks.

So #13 for #16 and a couple 2nds

The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Kelenna Azubuike and the draft rights to 17th pick Tyler Zeller from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for the draft rights to 24th pick Jared Cunningham, 33rd pick Bernard James and 34th pick Jae Crowder.

#17 for #24, #33 and #34

... So with #11 and #26 you might be able to move up to #7-9.  Certainly not getting you Nerlens Noel or Embiid (who is thought to be better than every prospect in this draft). 

Smart, Sully and #11 might at least get you a phone call with Philly.
I think it all depends on who's available at the pick we want to acquire.  At best, we might be able to move up to #8 but unless Clips collapse and end up around #20 or the C's wither and fall to around #9, C's won't be able to move up higher without giving up more and maybe not at all if there's a top prospect available at the spot we want to get to. 

personally, if all we can do is move up 2 spots, I'd hold both picks and try to add 2 good prospects instead of 1.

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
keep the picks.... unless you have a chance for towns or okafor... smart will be much better than all of them

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 10:24:03 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Yes, as long as there is a SF like Leonard coming our way via free agency.  At some point, aren't we going to have too many youngsters and need to mix in some vets?  That said, I would also trade both for Cousins as another poster suggested, still hoping for a SF via free agency.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Realistically I'd like people to take a hard look at Myles Turner. Noel and Turner have exactly the same length but Turner is almost 40lbs heavier.....and Turner is not a fatty.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nerlens-Noel-6455/stats/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Myles-Turner-72850/stats/

Turner is also a much better shooter. 84% ft

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »

• Ray Allen
And I am still holding out for us to win the lottery or get a top 3 pick and get Karl Towns. Thinking about that scenario helps me fall asleep at night and gives me good dreams/good sleep.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The correct answer is, "Yes, of course, provided Embid passes a physical."

but what's the use of this hypothetical?

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
For those not paying attention.... Since the all-star break, Nerlens Noel (a raw 20 year old coming off a serious injury) has been a Top 20 player in the league statistically.  Averaging 13 points, 10 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 2.6 steals, 1.6 assists on 48% shooting and 69% from the line in 32.6mpg.   For a player of his age/experience, he's putting up historic defensive stats.   This Grantland article last week nailed it:  http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nerlens-noel-the-other-rookie-of-the-year/  ... Elite big men (especially those with dominant defensive tendencies) are probably the most valuable assets in the league beyond a player who can efficiently drop 30+ per night.  FYI, Anthony Davis averaged 13.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 1.2 steals as a rookie.  Anyone paying attention knew Davis was on a path to superstardom.   Noel, while certainly more raw offensively, is on a similar path.   

If only we lived in a world where you could get a player like that for a lowly 10-15 pick + a borderline 2nd rounder.    Wouldn't that be nice?  Unfortunately, in the real world that's not possible.  So I'd guess that anyone who responds to this thread with "nah" is out of touch and is probably still campaigning against Boston trading Rajon Rondo for Andre Drummond.

As for Joel Embiid, everything I read about the kid is that he has the potential to be a dominant player on both ends of the court.   He was widely believed by scouts to be the best prospect pre-injury and many still felt he should have been the #1 pick.   Injury or no injury, the idea that Philly would shy away from the Embiid "gamble" in favor of taking on a couple crap-shoot draft picks is ridiculous.   

Let's stop with these threads.  If we're getting one of Philly's franchise prospects, it's going to take a lot more than you guys imagine.   Sure, if we are talking about a top 5 pick, we might get our foot in the door, but we're currently sitting on picks #11 and #26.  With a package like that, a guy like Nik Stauskas is more in your price range.   Or maybe you can trade up a few picks and take someone at #7-9

This. Hinkie is smart, he knows what his assets are worth. Almost any other GM is more liable to getting fleeced by Ainge.

Much as I love Smart, I'd trade him plus both our firsts for either Embiid or Noel, without hesitation. But Hinkie probably wouldn't.

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Unfortunately we might end up again in asset collection mode than cashing in this summer as much I like Noel and Embiid let alone someone like Cousins or Love (sign and trade).

If we could trade both our firsts, and a second rounder for a future lottery pick I would do that.  For this year I think it will only get you as high as the 7th pick as somebody else mentioned, and I'm not sure it's worth it for this draft.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »

• Ray Allen
Not to be a debby downer but would you be likely to take Nerlens stats with a grain of salt because he is on the sixers?

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hinkie is crazy.  He does not like how his draft pick look one day and then will trade them next.

What did he really get out of trading MCW, KJ Mcdaniel?

He gets one of Okafor or Towns , one of Noel or Embiid could be out. Celtics have what Hinkie wants. Picks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:02:54 PM by triboy16f »