Author Topic: Nets (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) 7/10  (Read 50213 times)

Re: Nets (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) 7/10
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
I only caught the second half on a hazy stream on my computer, but here are my impressions:

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

Where did you find the game streamed?

« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we can came back to earth after that first game.

I still think Melo has suspect hands.  JJJ could not D up a third grader.

The Gibson kid looked like a gamer this game.

« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Joseph should be on an NBA team somewhere. 

He actually is ;)

« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Again , today I like Chris Joseph's NBA body, sturdy frame, seemsto have a confidence he can get his shot over most players  , smooth confident demenor , nice control of his body picking his way to the basket in traffic , simular to early college day Paul Pierce style player .   I think Chris has the ability to improve and be a player than can get his own shot in the NBA.  PLease don't trade him off. Like to see his game in another year.
GRADE  B- today.

Sully struggled with his jumper , but did alot of small things to aid his team.  The squad was definelty better anytime he was in the game . He has a define knack for being where the ball is comming off the board, or he is the luckest player I ever seen ;D.  You don't have to outjump everybody else , if you are like LArry Bird was and make quick decsions to place yourself in the right place for the rebound. Sully is king of the rebounding angles.  GRade C

Etwaun....  Nice solid game, B
Gibson nice scoring game. B   not NBA size player.

JJ ...better than yesterday, needs to play like crazy all the time and not turn it up now and then.  C+

Melo ...looked lost ., oh well. .... didn't seem to play much. D+
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:13:34 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Kris Joseph reminds me of a young Truth
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
ok I was unable to see any of the game but sounds like everybody is down on JJJ and Moore but JJJ was +22 while Moore was +14...highest on the team.....so i'm a little confused. And someone on here said JJJ cant play D but had 3 blocks? like i said didnt see the game just stats

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120710/BKNBOS/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I only caught the second half on a hazy stream on my computer, but here are my impressions:

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

------edited------

This is where I watched it.  The link was posted by Kay.B09 in the Thunder game thread.  It's a little spammy, but I was able to watch the second half of the game on it.  It streams NBA.TV live and free.

I can't vouch for its safety or legitimacy.   

.edit: and neither can I, not from work anyway. So I'm guessing it's illegal. No warning or anything for this case, but please feel free NOT to post those types of links, just to be on the safe side ;)

- Kio
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:59:40 PM by Kiorrik »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Marshon Brooks, I love this guy!!

Celtics need to get him, a dynamic scorer

We had him, we traded for JJJ :'(

So true. I've been sad ever since last years draft  :-\

« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

some parts of his game. Maybe a poor mans PP. He has to work on his left hand. He can't really dribble nor finish with his left. Needs to bounce two balls simultaneously 1 hour a day

« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136

some parts of his game. Maybe a poor mans PP. He has to work on his left hand. He can't really dribble nor finish with his left. Needs to bounce two balls simultaneously 1 hour a day
If bouncing two balls simultaneously for an hour a day would help then we all would be in the NBA.

« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

If bouncing two balls simultaneously for an hour a day would help then we all would be in the NBA.

Because doing drills isn't enough to get everyone in the NBA, no basketball player should do one to improve?

« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Joseph could make the team.

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think Joseph could make the team.

I think Joseph will make the team.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

People keep saying Sully's gotta lose some pounds, but I don't think he'll get rid of that trunk.  It's his secret weapon.

I'm not giving up, but I'm going to follow my grandmother's advice and not say anything at all about JaJuan Johnson.  

As far as Johnathan Gibson goes, I'd just like to tell E'Twaun that he better step it up if he wants to remain a Celtic.  

Moore had a line of 15/5/4/1/1... you people expect too much out of a guy picked at 51... Gibson had 17pts, 1 assist, and 1 steal, NOTHING else. Gibson came on to seal the game in the 4th (was absent before then) but Moore had the better all around game!! I said yesterday you guys will see what you want to and so will I but his line seems to support him not being "abysmal", "bust", nor "terrible"!

You act like Gibson was absent in the first half because he played poorly. He played 14 minutes total and Moore played 28 or if you're bad at math DOUBLE. The only reason I would take Gibson over him is because he's much faster and more athletic. He's also a great 3 point shooter. He averaged a higher percentage from 3 in college than Moore did (barely). Although they shoot the 3 about the same the speed and athleticism does it for me. He wont ever rebound as well as Moore but he has real NBA speed. He probably wont make this team though as he's basically a very raw version of Jason Terry.

My final argument is that he has a position and plays better defense in my opinion probably due to his speed. I'm not judging that based on one summer league game either, I used to watch him in college.

Also, I knew Joseph was going to be good but wow. He's not even getting plays or anything called for him. He just somehow manages to be at the right place at the right time. I do see a lot of Paul in him like most here not that he's anywhere near as skilled yet. I think Paul will take a liking to the kid and teach him a lot.

Melo is a project but I think training camp will help a lot. I like Christmas and his all around game. Sullinger is solid. JJJ is still not living up to my high expectations. Moore looks alright but he's forcing the issue too much probably cause his contract isn't guaranteed.

Kris Joseph was always a lock to make the team to me. I was surprised more people weren't excited about him after the draft but I guess a lot don't watch college ball(cant blame you I don't watch much either). I really just love his game. He's in rough shape to get time this year behind Paul and Green but I'm betting he'll find minutes here and there. Excited to see how these young guys improve.

Oh and one last thing I was very excited about Lasme cause I loved him in 2010. He looks pretty bad but he also hasn't been getting minutes. Guess we'll see but he should stay very far away from the sideline if he wants to stay in the game.

« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

------edited------

This is where I watched it.  The link was posted by Kay.B09 in the Thunder game thread.  It's a little spammy, but I was able to watch the second half of the game on it.  It streams NBA.TV live and free.

I can't vouch for its safety or legitimacy.   

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:00:24 PM by Kiorrik »