Author Topic: Nets (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) 7/10  (Read 50216 times)

Re: Nets (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) 7/10
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
What?
No interview with Gibson, im disapointed :'(
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Morrison must be humbled like no other. He has two NBA championship rings and he's in the summer league. That bank account must be mighty thin..
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
What?
No interview with Gibson, im disapointed :'(

Sully 8 and 12... he does other things when not scoring! I think he has a few assist too.

Gibson went into beast mode!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Jajuan calling is on defense. He can guard those rangy forwards really well. Joseph is a keeper. Gibson probably earned himself camp invitation somewhere.

« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Joseph should be on an NBA team somewhere. 

Sullinger didn't shoot well but made some fantastic passes.  He ran the offense really well and picked up a lot of rebounds.

Gibson was fantastic and much of it against a proven NBA player in Marshon Brooks.  Right now I'd have to say I'd keep him over Moore if it came down to those two just because the Celts have no real point guard backup.

One thing I've noticed Melo does really well is outlet the ball of rebounds quickly.  I saw it once the first game then twice more this game.  If he rebounds more that could be valuable if the Celts try to get out and run more.

« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
is there a box score i can get on line? thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I only caught the second half on a hazy stream on my computer, but here are my impressions:

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

People keep saying Sully's gotta lose some pounds, but I don't think he'll get rid of that trunk.  It's his secret weapon.

I'm not giving up, but I'm going to follow my grandmother's advice and not say anything at all about JaJuan Johnson.  

As far as Johnathan Gibson goes, I'd just like to tell E'Twaun that he better step it up if he wants to remain a Celtic.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keep Joseph...sign and trade the purdont duo

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Joseph should be on an NBA team somewhere. 

Sullinger didn't shoot well but made some fantastic passes.  He ran the offense really well and picked up a lot of rebounds.

Gibson was fantastic and much of it against a proven NBA player in Marshon Brooks.  Right now I'd have to say I'd keep him over Moore if it came down to those two just because the Celts have no real point guard backup.

One thing I've noticed Melo does really well is outlet the ball of rebounds quickly.  I saw it once the first game then twice more this game.  If he rebounds more that could be valuable if the Celts try to get out and run more.

I hope Joseph is on the Celtics' roster.

« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I only caught the second half on a hazy stream on my computer, but here are my impressions:

I don't care that he can't play yet, but with that body, athleticism, and mobility, how in the world did Fab Melo fall into our laps that late in the draft?  I'm kinda jacked up about the Brazilian.

People keep saying Sully's gotta lose some pounds, but I don't think he'll get rid of that trunk.  It's his secret weapon.

I'm not giving up, but I'm going to follow my grandmother's advice and not say anything at all about JaJuan Johnson.  

As far as Johnathan Gibson goes, I'd just like to tell E'Twaun that he better step it up if he wants to remain a Celtic.  

Moore had a line of 15/5/4/1/1... you people expect too much out of a guy picked at 51... Gibson had 17pts, 1 assist, and 1 steal, NOTHING else. Gibson came on to seal the game in the 4th (was absent before then) but Moore had the better all around game!! I said yesterday you guys will see what you want to and so will I but his line seems to support him not being "abysmal", "bust", nor "terrible"!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Jajuan calling is on defense. He can guard those rangy forwards really well. Joseph is a keeper. Gibson probably earned himself camp invitation somewhere.

I take it defense is what 3J needs to prove.

« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2012, 07:45:37 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Granted I only have the box score, but I don't see why so many people are down on Moore this game. 15/5/4, with a steal and a block is great good production for 28 mins. IMO he has the best stat line of any Celtic this game. 2 TOs isn't bad either. Yeah, he only shot 5/12 or whatever, but that's not bad for a shooter. And he's +15 for the game...I just don't understand the negativity =\

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Moore had a line of 15/5/4/1/1... you people expect too much out of a guy picked at 51... Gibson had 17pts, 1 assist, and 1 steal, NOTHING else. Gibson came on to seal the game in the 4th (was absent before then) but Moore had the better all around game!! I said yesterday you guys will see what you want to and so will I but his line seems to support him not being "abysmal", "bust", nor "terrible"!

That's not what I'm saying at all.  I'm just saying that I don't think he's a shoo in to make the roster.  He's going to have to work to make the team, and the young Gibson might be competition for that last or second to last roster spot.  

Danny's not sentimental when it comes to those kinds of decision.  The fact that Danny drafted him and the fact that keeping him around might be good for JaJuan's development might give E'twaun the edge, though.  

I think E'Twaun is a tough kid who knows how to play the game, and I think he would be a really good guard over in Europe.  I don't say that with any disrespect meant towards him.  

Who knows, though?  He might carve himself out a nice little NBA career as a slightly less athletic and much less crazy Delonte West.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson