Author Topic: Official Kyrie Irving Gossip and social media thread  (Read 3802 times)

Official Kyrie Irving Gossip and social media thread
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think it would be great if we could use this thread to put social media gossip and similar items in one place. Examples that could fit in one place, lip reading attempts in hallway from short video, Lebron singing love song to Kyrie on instagram, Kyrie has dinner with NBA player. Kyrie befriends Orlando Magic ballboy on instagram etc.

Might make that stuff easier for people that are really into it... and easier to stir away from for people that are not into that kind of thing.

Re: Official Kyrie Irving Gossip and social media thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:14:23 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I respect and applaud your vision, sir.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think it would be great if we could use this thread to put social media gossip and similar items in one place. Examples that could fit in one place, lip reading attempts in hallway from short video, Lebron singing love song to Kyrie on instagram, Kyrie has dinner with NBA player. Kyrie befriends Orlando Magic ballboy on instagram etc.

Might make that stuff easier for people that are really into it... and easier to stir away from for people that are not into that kind of thing.

I can already tell you this isn't going to work, even though I think it's a good idea. But if there is something, and you don't like it, just ignore/don't bother reading it. Just my two cents.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I can already tell you this isn't going to work, even though I think it's a good idea. But if there is something, and you don't like it, just ignore/don't bother reading it. Just my two cents.

If we could see the poster, it'd be easier to avoid threads. It's one of the things I like about Reddit. You see a topic here and you think it might be interesting or have new info, but then realize it's not.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:26:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If we could see the poster, it'd be easier to avoid threads. It's one of the things I like about Reddit. You see a topic here and you think it might be interesting or have new info, but then realize it's not.

Agreed, I think we should bring back the ignore/block a user button.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 05:26:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Yea, in addition to not being able to see the thread, it is not possible to know if a topic is serious (eg woj or shams or someone actually is saying something about it) or more of the social media gossip variety. For example a month or so back one of the headlines I saw was "Kyrie going back to Lebron" or something like that. You have no idea what it was about until you click on it and see it is some sort of interpretation of Lebron singing a hip hop song to Kyrie on instagram.

I realize that some people, especially the younger fans, are into trying to decipher what someone's tweets, instagram photos, snapchats, dinner partners, hallway conversations are meant. I think it would be easier for them if they were all in one place. I don't think for the rest of us that are not into that kind of gossip we should have a new thread every week related to some gossip site. At one point this board also seemed to be stricter on gossip not allowing TMZ and stuff that was just heresay.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agreed, I think we should bring back the ignore/block a user button.

A block option would be clutch.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 05:32:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At one point this board also seemed to be stricter on gossip not allowing TMZ and stuff that was just heresay.

We don’t allow trashy stuff, like gossip about players’ love lives.

Speculation about free agency, and trying to read tea leaves, is generally allowed though. To my knowledge, we’ve always allowed that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
At one point this board also seemed to be stricter on gossip not allowing TMZ and stuff that was just heresay.

Speculation about free agency, and trying to read tea leaves, is generally allowed though. To my knowledge, we’ve always allowed that.

It seems like there used to be more enforcement on not having misleading thread titles based on gossip etc, but Roy, I am also willing to believe I have just gotten older and crankier over the last 10 years.

How CelticsBlog deals with Gossip and social media thread
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

It seems like there used to be more enforcement on not having misleading thread titles based on gossip etc, but Roy, I am also willing to believe I have just gotten older and crankier over the last 10 years.

Hmm... can't folks just modify the "Subject:" header when making a reply to make the title, "less misleading"?

Also, if you look at the listings on the index pages, the OP's name is always listed.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 01:33:27 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
What do people think kyrie said to Durant in a hallway at allstar weekend. My dear friend Albert says they were talking about tacos and he is alarmingly good at lip reading

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 05:31:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What do people think kyrie said to Durant in a hallway at allstar weekend. My dear friend Albert says they were talking about tacos and he is alarmingly good at lip reading
He held up his fingers and said "Manis and Pedis"... they were setting up a spa day together.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 05:43:08 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
They were talking about how now that we really know that the earth is flat, we should make a flat basketball and play with it. In New York.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not sure where this goes or if it was mentioned as we should probably just have on Kyrie thread as it is out of control, but I figured why not jump into the fray as well.

He had interview with ESPN that aired yesterday and a few comments did raise a red flag for me. He does not want to wait for anybody..not sure if that is a reference to Coach allowing GH to play early on in the season or for the young one's to figure it out. I get the sense that he might also feel Tatum could be the future of the Celtics and not him and he wants to be the face of the franchise. There is more a personal belief after seeing some of his comments that if Tatum and company are not traded for Davis, He will not resign. I did not feel this way as recent as last week but these are actual words coming from his mouth. But he does say initially, so there is that....not currently...There is also no doubt he wants to play more minutes..like Pierce and Bird before him...not to be rested with less then prime player alpha dog minutes.

Irving also doesn’t believe he is receiving adequate playing time compared to other Celtics players.

“I initially didn’t play the minutes I wanted to play,” Irving said. “I’m 26 years old, heading into my prime, like, why do I have to wait for anybody?”

If this is in wrong topic, please feel free to move it mods!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-reveals-made-infamous-call-lebron-james-215332928.html

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I don't think it will work either.  Everyone loves to start their own thread versus contributing to someone else's.  It's one of the reasons a lot of people post on these types of boards.