Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13455 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
wow...

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
At TD Garden, Kevin Love averaged 18/10 in the three games (Games 1, 2, 5).

Despite CLE still playing well without him AT HOME, I think going on the road could be a different story. We just got to execute better on both ends of the floor.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Kinda sucks though for both Conference Finals series that missing CP3 and Love is going to affect the outcomes.

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
So, Ty Lue has one day to adjust to his 2nd best player being out, and Brad Stevens has one day to adjust to his opponent's 2nd best player being out.

It almost seems unfair.

Well, they also had half the game yesterday to adjust to it and that didn't work out for us.

Come on. You can't come up with a new game plan in minutes, after the game has started. Though if you take after halftime, we outscored them slightly.

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2018, 02:43:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I'm still a bit worried about Rozier's ankle. We've had no update on that yet.

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Cavs defense is going to be better because of this. The Celtics have to come out even harder instead of thinking they caught a break with Love out.

If our guys take it for granted, then the stage is set for a historical Lebron playoff game with our young guys as sacrificial lambs.

After Love went down, their defense held the Celtics to 99 points yesterday.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2018, 02:44:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs saying Jeff green is an improvement is just ridiculous. Jeff green never plays two good games in a row. He is a bum

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
So, Ty Lue has one day to adjust to his 2nd best player being out, and Brad Stevens has one day to adjust to his opponent's 2nd best player being out.

It almost seems unfair.

Well, they also had half the game yesterday to adjust to it and that didn't work out for us.

Come on. You can't come up with a new game plan in minutes, after the game has started. Though if you take after halftime, we outscored them slightly.

In minutes, no, but you have to be able to make mid-game adjustments, especially at halftime, if you expect to win playoff games.

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2018, 02:44:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Kinda sucks though for both Conference Finals series that missing CP3 and Love is going to affect the outcomes.

Warriors sweep NBA Finals book it lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2018, 02:45:04 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I hate when people get excited about injuries. Especially after the season we had.

I was having this debate with myself earlier this morning. I'm certainly not happy Love is out, however his concussion (whether I like it or not), puts my team in a better position to get to the Finals, and that's what I'm happy about, not the concussion itself.

But since my being happy that my team has a better chance of winning Game 7 correlates with Love's injury, am I glad that he's injured?
Yeah, that's what you're saying. Even if you're motivated by the Celtics winning.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2018, 02:45:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs played better yesterday because it was in Cleveland. Same thing happened in games 3 and 4. Had nothing to do with love being out

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
does kyrie , Hayward, theis, and Larkin out affect anything?

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

It almost seems unfair.

In minutes, no, but you have to be able to make mid-game adjustments, especially at halftime, if you expect to win playoff games.

Right. And we outscored them by 1 after halftime. I'm not saying we did anything brilliant, but the second half was better than the 1st for us.

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2018, 02:47:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Timing is everything. Lue showed his hand in how he is going to replace Love yesterday. Now Stevens gets a full day to counterattack

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

It almost seems unfair.

This. Seems a bit strange on the Cavs’ part to announce this that early, as it gives Brad a full day to prepare solely for this gameplan rather than having to second guess whether Love plays.

While this will certainly make their D better overall and take away a significant mismatch for us, this severely hurts their offense, as no one other than Lebron and Love could score in Boston.

I imagine we go back to Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Morris, and Al in the starting lineup, as taking Love out of the equation makes it that much easier for us to shut down everyone else on the Cavs.