Author Topic: mayweather sr: "mayweather-pacquaio will happen"  (Read 28668 times)

Re: mayweather sr: "mayweather-pacquaio will happen"
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Floyd just seemingly can't stay away can he? He's on 50-0, and has beaten everyone from Pac-Man & Canelo to De La Hoya & Hatton. What else is there to do? Besides make ludicrous amounts of money

My guess is the cash flow.  Much more going out than coming in these days.  Not to say he's necessarily in any financial straits or anything.  Just the guy has been known to be loose with his wealth.
Oh yeah, that's definitely what I think too. Just saddens me to see two legends who are clearly past their prime still going at it

The opposite seems true to me.  Floyd always ran (literally and figuratively) from the best boxers in the world until they were past their prime.  He proved nothing, which is why no one really considers him the GOAT.  Manny had the better career and was an overall better boxer.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: mayweather sr: "mayweather-pacquaio will happen"
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 04:22:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Floyd just seemingly can't stay away can he? He's on 50-0, and has beaten everyone from Pac-Man & Canelo to De La Hoya & Hatton. What else is there to do? Besides make ludicrous amounts of money

My guess is the cash flow.  Much more going out than coming in these days.  Not to say he's necessarily in any financial straits or anything.  Just the guy has been known to be loose with his wealth.
Oh yeah, that's definitely what I think too. Just saddens me to see two legends who are clearly past their prime still going at it

The opposite seems true to me.  Floyd always ran (literally and figuratively) from the best boxers in the world until they were past their prime.  He proved nothing, which is why no one really considers him the GOAT.  Manny had the better career and was an overall better boxer.
I disagree. He fought and beat undefeated Canelo, 31 y/o Cotto, undefeated Hatton, 29 y/o Castillo twice, ended Maidana's career, started the end of Guerrero's career, and beat Pac-Man.

I don't know how you can think Pac-Man had the better career, especially with the way he's staying well past his prime, highlighted by losing to Horn.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)