Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 367147 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1425 on: December 04, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I would not be incredibly surprised if he doesn't return this season. Sixers owe him like 9 million next year.
It is in both their interests that he returns this season.  I think its more likely that he returns, plays some games and then it flares up again.  That 9M is sunk cost.  The Sixers will have to decide next offseason whether to pick up his 4th year option (12.2M). 

« Reply #1426 on: December 04, 2018, 08:33:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, that's pretty much it for Fultz this season I'm guessing. I mean sure, he could come back and play some games near the end of the year, but similarly to last season he won't be a big factor in March, April and beyond.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1427 on: December 04, 2018, 09:24:21 PM »

Online PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Fultz finally found a doctor that bought his story. This is an excuse.

« Reply #1428 on: December 04, 2018, 11:05:24 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Fultz has been diagnosed with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

Okay then.
Apparently there is no definitive test for NTOS and misdiagnosis is an issue so hopefully that is the correct diagnosis.  Apparently surgery is generally not required but who knows what it means for a professional basketball player.

This is the same issue that helped end JR Richard's career. My memory is that JR's arm went dead, his behavior was strange, nobody believed him, and he almost died from a stroke.

I hope that Fultz has better luck.

« Reply #1429 on: December 04, 2018, 11:57:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Fultz has been diagnosed with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

Okay then.
Apparently there is no definitive test for NTOS and misdiagnosis is an issue so hopefully that is the correct diagnosis.  Apparently surgery is generally not required but who knows what it means for a professional basketball player.

This is the same issue that helped end JR Richard's career. My memory is that JR's arm went dead, his behavior was strange, nobody believed him, and he almost died from a stroke.

I hope that Fultz has better luck.
I remember him but didn't know anything about how his career ended.  The story I read did mention certain cases could be life threatening and one of the pitchers had a blood clot go to his lung. 

« Reply #1430 on: December 05, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah, that's pretty much it for Fultz this season I'm guessing. I mean sure, he could come back and play some games near the end of the year, but similarly to last season he won't be a big factor in March, April and beyond.
I would think so.  The required physical therapy will take months, not weeks.

« Reply #1431 on: December 06, 2018, 05:28:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
great preview of the likely Eastern Conference Finals tonight with Toronto facing Philly.  Philly looks like they still have a ways to go until they are ready to knock off the Raptors, but by the end of the season they will probably get there.

« Reply #1432 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
great preview of the likely Eastern Conference Finals tonight with Toronto facing Philly.  Philly looks like they still have a ways to go until they are ready to knock off the Raptors, but by the end of the season they will probably get there.
April fools came early. ;)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1433 on: December 06, 2018, 07:51:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Literally heard this last year too, how PHI with their new additions would figure it out and make a deep run in the playoffs. Only a question of how many games CLE-PHI goes in ECF. We all saw what happened.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1434 on: December 06, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

There's only one problem with that, this Celtics team is starting to figure things out.

« Reply #1435 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Philly still has a ways to go until they are ready to knock off the Bucks and Celtics, too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1436 on: December 06, 2018, 10:16:15 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's a sign of how things have gone so far that my immediate reaction to this wasn't "hey, where the hell are we?" but "hey, where the hell is Milwaukee?"

« Reply #1437 on: December 06, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good ol' LB back to antagonize the blog with his usual outrageous comments and promote his love of Philly at the same time

just my 2 cents, Philly is at best the 4th best team in the East behind Toronto, Celtics, Milwaukee.  maybe not even that high (behind possibly Indy and/or Detroit).  Philly will be fortunate to get that 4th seed by the end of the season and I don't see them beating any of the top 3 teams in a series.  conference semi-finals at best for Philly this year and probably next (if Kawhi resigns in Toronto).

« Reply #1438 on: December 06, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
good ol' LB back to antagonize the blog with his usual outrageous comments and promote his love of Philly at the same time

just my 2 cents, Philly is at best the 4th best team in the East behind Toronto, Celtics, Milwaukee.  maybe not even that high (behind possibly Indy and/or Detroit).  Philly will be fortunate to get that 4th seed by the end of the season and I don't see them beating any of the top 3 teams in a series.  conference semi-finals at best for Philly this year and probably next (if Kawhi resigns in Toronto).

Everyone should know by now not to take him seriously. I just look at the comments and move on.

« Reply #1439 on: December 06, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Philly has the 3rd and 4th best player in the conference (Embiid and Butler) and Simmons is somewhere in the back half of the top 10.  Redick is a borderline top 25 player in the conference.  After that, they lack a lot of depth, but in the playoffs when the rotations tighten and the starters play 40 mpg, Philly's lack of depth will be a lot less noticeable.  If they enter the playoffs healthy, given their top end talent, they are going to be incredibly difficult to beat, and Butler absolutely adds a dimension to them they didn't have last year.  They had no one that can create a shot for himself off of the dribble like Butler can. 

LB has always been one that has appreciated what top end talent is and what top end talent actually means in the post season.  I do think his drive by Philly are awesome posts are a bit much, but I don't think he is just trolling either.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip