Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36390 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I normally side with the victim if the victim is credible. While she is with what is in the text, his counter claims of her wanting a $1.6 million "financial investment" in her business that included hundreds of thousands for personal use, and the timing of it all.....I am not sure on this one. It's really muddled.

Sure, her subsequent behavior can be explained as almost "shock" and trying to explain away the horror by acting as if nothing happened and trying to forget about it all. It is a defensive reflex to compartmentalize trauma.

On the other hand, did they have rough sex one night, a little while later she was told by Brown he isn't going to invest, after more cajoling she decides to use the rough sex night against him as rape, hoping he pays the $1.6 million for her silence on a completely false charge?

For some reason, I am not finding her completely credible, at this point in time. I want to see what else comes out before making up my mind.

Mark my words, there will be another girl or 2 that will come out and say he did it to them as well. This isn't going away.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2019, 11:20:56 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
I'll hand it to bill, the man always finds a way to exploit loopholes in league rules. Look no further than this latest story.  Currently there's no rule against having a Jedi on your team and from what I hear, AB has to be jedi master. The woman kept working with him after being assaulted not one, not 2, but 3 times. What we have here is AB has the mind tick down to a science.

I really wish people would quit citing the fact that the people involved had repeat encounters as something that undermines the credibility of the allegation.

It's extremely common that people who are abused / assaulted etc do not initially acknowledge the behavior as such and continue to have interactions with the aggressor.

I would agree that it's hard to accept or understand from an outside perspective.  You would think that if a person treats you like that, you would never have anything to do with that person ever again.

It's rarely that simple, though.  This sort of fact pattern comes up time and time again and there is absolutely no reason to believe that every time it does the person is lying.

I'm not a mental health professional but I believe the medical consensus is that there are complicated but well established explanations for why people continue to have contact w/ abusers despite grotesque, even violent behavior.

It's kinda like the "a person with racist beliefs would never be friends with/work with/date a person of another race" of sexual assault. The alleged victim has to pass purity test after purity test while the alleged wrongdoer is absolved by nearly anything.

That said, zero idea as to the truth of these specific allegations. But just keeping on working with a gross, abusive guy is something at minimum thousands of women and more than a few men do. Women kept working with Weinstein, Moonves, Lauer, Ailes, O'Reilly, Charlie Rose etc and men kept working with Spacey. Doesn't mean those guys weren't abusive creeps, in most to all cases criminally.

innocent until proven guilty is why. He's not absolved of being a jackass, but talking dirty like he did doesn't validate her claims. Just because it's a sensitive issue, that doesn't mean it's his job to prove he's innocent. Sure he could be guilty, but so far she doesn't look credible.

I know this isn't a popular opinion on this site, but some women do lie and some women do use allegations to rip a guy off. We need to stop this notion that just because a person has ovaries, they're pure and never have ill-intent.  I just hate how a man can be destroyed so easily. If he's innocent, he'll always be viewed like this regardless of the outcome.

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'll hand it to bill, the man always finds a way to exploit loopholes in league rules. Look no further than this latest story.  Currently there's no rule against having a Jedi on your team and from what I hear, AB has to be jedi master. The woman kept working with him after being assaulted not one, not 2, but 3 times. What we have here is AB has the mind tick down to a science.

I really wish people would quit citing the fact that the people involved had repeat encounters as something that undermines the credibility of the allegation.

It's extremely common that people who are abused / assaulted etc do not initially acknowledge the behavior as such and continue to have interactions with the aggressor.

I would agree that it's hard to accept or understand from an outside perspective.  You would think that if a person treats you like that, you would never have anything to do with that person ever again.

It's rarely that simple, though.  This sort of fact pattern comes up time and time again and there is absolutely no reason to believe that every time it does the person is lying.

I'm not a mental health professional but I believe the medical consensus is that there are complicated but well established explanations for why people continue to have contact w/ abusers despite grotesque, even violent behavior.

It's kinda like the "a person with racist beliefs would never be friends with/work with/date a person of another race" of sexual assault. The alleged victim has to pass purity test after purity test while the alleged wrongdoer is absolved by nearly anything.

That said, zero idea as to the truth of these specific allegations. But just keeping on working with a gross, abusive guy is something at minimum thousands of women and more than a few men do. Women kept working with Weinstein, Moonves, Lauer, Ailes, O'Reilly, Charlie Rose etc and men kept working with Spacey. Doesn't mean those guys weren't abusive creeps, in most to all cases criminally.

innocent until proven guilty is why. He's not absolved of being a jackass, but talking dirty like he did doesn't validate her claims. Just because it's a sensitive issue, that doesn't mean it's his job to prove he's innocent. Sure he could be guilty, but so far she doesn't look credible.

I know this isn't a popular opinion on this site, but some women do lie and some women do use allegations to rip a guy off. We need to stop this notion that just because a person has ovaries, they're pure and never have ill-intent.  I just hate how a man can be destroyed so easily. If he's innocent, he'll always be viewed like this regardless of the outcome.
He admitted he masturbated on her back, which is in fact one of her allegations.  In other words, he validated at least one of her claims. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

He admitted he masturbated on her back, which is in fact one of her allegations.  In other words, he validated at least one of her claims.

He admitted to it, but I didn't see where he admitted her resisting either. I'm not denying there was contact between the 2, the issue is if it was forced or not.

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He admitted to it, but I didn't see where he admitted her resisting either. I'm not denying there was contact between the 2, the issue is if it was forced or not.

She didn’t “resist” because it was allegedly done surreptitiously.  The texts certainly imply that as well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2019, 12:06:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If this Unit is healthy and sane, this will be the best one two three combination a wide receiver that the NFL has ever seen.

I took a guess about the most productive one two three of all time and I was actually right Isaac Bruce Torry Holt and Az Akeem, we're by far the most productive 1 2 3 combo in NFL history.

Josh Gordon 6'4" 240 pounds
Julian Edelman 5'11" 200 pounds
Antonio Brown 5'10" 186 pounds

This is the most talented trio in NFL history although a little Old.

Jakobi Myers is gonna be good. 6'2" 200 pounds

Dorset is a speed demon.

Nkeal Harry first round pick this year, is due back week 6 the depth of this receiving corps is all-time great.
Josh Gordon is 240??

He sure is. Unreal specimen. Bigger than Gronk right now.

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If this Unit is healthy and sane, this will be the best one two three combination a wide receiver that the NFL has ever seen.

I took a guess about the most productive one two three of all time and I was actually right Isaac Bruce Torry Holt and Az Akeem, we're by far the most productive 1 2 3 combo in NFL history.

Josh Gordon 6'4" 240 pounds
Julian Edelman 5'11" 200 pounds
Antonio Brown 5'10" 186 pounds

This is the most talented trio in NFL history although a little Old.

Jakobi Myers is gonna be good. 6'2" 200 pounds

Dorset is a speed demon.

Nkeal Harry first round pick this year, is due back week 6 the depth of this receiving corps is all-time great.
Josh Gordon is 240??

He sure is. Unreal specimen. Bigger than Gronk right now.

« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2019, 12:59:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

She didn’t “resist” because it was allegedly done surreptitiously.  The texts certainly imply that as well.
I just have a hard time reading those text messages and not believing her. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

I just have a hard time reading those text messages and not believing her.

I wouldn't say that's unfair either. We're both looking at 2 sides and leaning toward a conclusion.
He certainly didn't help himself with those.

« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It seems like people treat this as an either/or.  It can be true that she was trying get him to put up some money and also that he abused/assaulted/raped her.  She could very well have been batting her eyelashes, being friendly, leading him on, in order to get him to invest in her training business or whatever (I am speculating, I don't know this of course).  That behavior could be very questionable but if he did the things he is alleged to have done, it doesn't matter.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Now if she entered into consensual sex and then is pretending to have been raped in order to get money, that is a whole different thing.

I was just about to type the exact same thing.  It is completely possible that they are both horrible people and that she did try to extract money from him, and he did in fact rape her.  A lot to unpack in this one.  Did she or her lawyer ever say why she didn't go to the police instead of only initiating a lawsuit?

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I don't know if it's possible to know the whole truth about this situation. Rape (if true) is certainly awful, but extortion (if true) is also bad. As someone else suggested, maybe they're both slimeballs.

And maybe I'm just a total Patriots homer, but it strikes me as odd that this came out right after Brown signed with the Pats, thus creating more Pats drama—not right before he signed with the Pats, not while he was still a Raider and creating a circus there, but a mere three days after he signed with New England. The Patriots hate is strong with many people outside New England, and the timing of this just seems too perfect for them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And maybe I'm just a total Patriots homer, but it strikes me as odd that this came out right after Brown signed with the Pats, thus creating more Pats drama—not right before he signed with the Pats, not while he was still a Raider and creating a circus there, but a mere three days after he signed with New England. The Patriots hate is strong with many people outside New England, and the timing of this just seems too perfect for them.

I’m sure the lawsuit was in the works long before he signed with the Pats. Brown’s agent indicated that they had a feeling that this would be coming (a fact that they apparently didn’t disclose to the Patriots.

There’s “Pats drama” because they signed a diva and scumbag. That part, at least, wasn’t a secret.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2019, 05:54:03 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Well I'm sure Belichick, Kraft and Co knew what they were getting into when they signed AB84. A circus.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't know if it's possible to know the whole truth about this situation. Rape (if true) is certainly awful, but extortion (if true) is also bad. As someone else suggested, maybe they're both slimeballs.

I think the suits timing has more to do with ABs image being at an all time low than anything else. A lot easier to believe the allegations today than it might have been 8 months ago

Don’t think the Patriots have much if anything to do with it.

With the season upon us and ABs image so trashed the timing puts a little pressure on Brown to just settle and get it over with.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

MATT!!!!