Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 40873 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2023, 10:45:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38260006/bronny-james-cardiac-arrest-caused-congenital-heart-defect

Treatable congenital heart defect. Expected to return to basketball soon

Once again, NOT the covid vaccine as some people tried to 'report' shortly after this happened.

It's not surprising that people who use social media as their main learning source are going to have a hard time navigating science from not science and facts from fiction. https://www.pewresearch.org/journalism/2020/07/30/americans-who-mainly-get-their-news-on-social-media-are-less-engaged-less-knowledgeable/

I hope Bronny continues to rest up and gets right before resuming play. I would think this gave the family a scare and they all realize that Bronny can do anything he wants if he quits basketball. If he wants to keep playing, I hope he's monitored daily. Basketball puts a heavy load on cardiovascular system.

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2023, 10:47:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38260006/bronny-james-cardiac-arrest-caused-congenital-heart-defect

Once again, NOT the covid vaccine as some people tried to 'report' shortly after this happened.

It's not surprising that people who use social media as their main learning source are going to have a hard time navigating science from not science and facts from fiction. https://www.pewresearch.org/journalism/2020/07/30/americans-who-mainly-get-their-news-on-social-media-are-less-engaged-less-knowledgeable/

I hope Bronny continues to rest up and get right before resuming play. I would think this gave the family a scare and they all realize that Bronny can do anything he wants if he quits basketball. If he wants to keep playing, I hope he's monitored daily. Basketball puts a heavy load on cardiovascular system.

Very true. It's encouraging how medical staff have gotten quite good at identifying and treating these heart issues in basketball. Things have come a long way from the days of Reggie Lewis.

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2023, 02:25:22 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

The important thing for those people is that they got the (false) word out first, in 120 characters, with no substantiation needed, and that’s what people will remember. This is what our public discourse has become - who can get the first word out.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2023, 08:49:20 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

The important thing for those people is that they got the (false) word out first, in 120 characters, with no substantiation needed, and that’s what people will remember. This is what our public discourse has become - who can get the first word out.

It's hardly a new thing, some form of the adage "a lie can make it halfway around the world before the truth has even put it's boots on" has been around for hundreds of years at least. The Internet makes it easier and faster, but it didn't create the problem
I'm bitter.

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2023, 08:14:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Fully cleared medically, to start practicing next week
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2023, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Lebron would skip a Lakers game in order to see Bronny;s debut....how do yhe Lakers feel about that 500k game check

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2023, 08:51:40 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Lebron would skip a Lakers game in order to see Bronny;s debut....how do yhe Lakers feel about that 500k game check

Eh, Lebron has been filling seats since he got there. Jeannie Buss inherited millions- no tears will be shed for her here. I find it interesting that people look to criticize certain athletes for being good parents. Brady gets to see his kids a couple times a year and catches no grief.

Missing your son's first game after he went down with cardiac arrest is not a good look.

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2023, 09:12:46 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Eh, Lebron has been filling seats since he got there. Jeannie Buss inherited millions- no tears will be shed for her here. I find it interesting that people look to criticize certain athletes for being good parents. Brady gets to see his kids a couple times a year and catches no grief.

Missing your son's first game after he went down with cardiac arrest is not a good look.
Totally agree.  Family first.  Luka just sat out for the birth of his daughter.  Players miss games for undisclosed personal reasons all the time. 

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2023, 10:33:33 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Agree with family first but, still, he is getting big money....is this considered a persoanl paid day

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2023, 11:36:37 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Agree with family first but, still, he is getting big money....is this considered a persoanl paid day

The NBA has made much, much, much, much more money from LeBron than they have paid him.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2023, 02:23:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
 Lebron had played more minutes than anyone in the history of the sport. If he wants to take a mostly meaningless game off, he should, but especially to go see his kid's first college game after a cardiac arrest.

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2023, 05:41:38 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Lebron had played more minutes than anyone in the history of the sport. If he wants to take a mostly meaningless game off, he should, but especially to go see his kid's first college game after a cardiac arrest.

Yes, I have no issue with him taking time off to see his kid play his first ever game, after Bronny nearly died. If the Faker fans want to complain he can point out that he did bring a championship to them. If the Fakers are that desperate that they can't survive even one game without LeBum then they have some serious problems  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2023, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
It appears he is aiming to play Sunday. 

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2023, 03:40:58 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
It appears he is aiming to play Sunday.
Wow, hope and pray he has a long career..taking a chance but I be afraid
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I wish him the best but Reggie Lewis will always haunt me. Hope he can stay healthy and this isn’t a bad decision.