Author Topic: During nba player call, kyrie was big voice. “Asked All mundane questions”  (Read 10859 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kendrick Perkins has been all yap for a guy who was just barely mediocre as a starting center with the Celtics. Calling LeBron the most athletic player in NBA history. I'm glad Bill Russell chimed in and put him in check. Perkins needs to stop riding on LeBron's jockstrap.

Perk has done nothing but continually embarrass himself since becoming a 'media personality'.  I'm not sure why he needs to start drama with all these current players and inject himself into situations.  It's like he's desperate to stay relevant or something.  It's really starting to get on my nerves.

you are a very patient man!

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Kendrick Perkins has been all yap for a guy who was just barely mediocre as a starting center with the Celtics. Calling LeBron the most athletic player in NBA history. I'm glad Bill Russell chimed in and put him in check. Perkins needs to stop riding on LeBron's jockstrap.

Perk has done nothing but continually embarrass himself since becoming a 'media personality'.  I'm not sure why he needs to start drama with all these current players and inject himself into situations.  It's like he's desperate to stay relevant or something.  It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Russell absolutely body bagged Perk on Twitter last night.  It was pretty awesome.

It's really something to see an 86 year old emasculate someone on social media.

It's great that Bill himself got on there and reminded the young generation what a dominant, super-athletic unique player he was. People seem to picture all NBA players back then as stiff, slow, unskilled and unathletic. Russell and Wilt were two of the most athletic players the NBA has ever seen, and that includes the modern NBA.
Yeah, and doing all that in those darn Converse sneakers. Not to mention the leaps in training and nutrition that have been made since then. Those two (and certainly other old time players) are as athletic as anyone going around.

I really don’t get the need for so many pro sports to disrespect those who came before them. Basketball is, in my eye, by far the worst when it comes to this. Every day I see “fans” calling everyone who played before the 90s “plumbers”, and even some using that term for 90s players to try and discredit Jordan. It’s really weird.
Sports like boxing seem to have gotten that aspect right.
Calling basketball before the 70s "Wilt, Russell, West, Oscar, Baylor, Pettit and milkmen" takes the cake tbh, there are people who say stuff like this on a daily basis like those players weren't full time professionals during the season back then :laugh:

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Russell absolutely body bagged Perk on Twitter last night.  It was pretty awesome.

It's really something to see an 86 year old emasculate someone on social media.

It's great that Bill himself got on there and reminded the young generation what a dominant, super-athletic unique player he was. People seem to picture all NBA players back then as stiff, slow, unskilled and unathletic. Russell and Wilt were two of the most athletic players the NBA has ever seen, and that includes the modern NBA.
Can't they both be correct.  I mean Lebron may very well be the most athletic player in NBA history, but it doesn't mean Bill (or Wilt) were slouches.  It isn't like Perkins said all players today were more athletic than all players in the past.  Claiming that a guy most people think is one of the 3 greatest players ever, who also happens to be one of the most physically gifted players ever, etc. is the most athletic player ever isn't exactly a stretch or a slight to those that came before him.  I personally still think Wilt is the most gifted athlete to play in the NBA, but I really don't have an issue if someone said it was Bill or Lebron.  Maybe you have someone like Wilkins or Westbrook up there as just pure athletic specimens, but the latter two aren't anywhere near the players the former 3 were, so I think that may eliminate them.

Sure, but that's not what most people say. Most arguments are along the lines of the NBA players back in XXXX where unathletic, unskilled pizza deliver guys and plumbers and guys like Wilt and Russell only looked great in comparison to them, which is completely false. Wilt and Russell would dominate the modern NBA. So would Bird and Magic, so would Michael Jordan.
But that isn't what Perkins said. 

And for the record, the athletes today are bigger, stronger, faster, etc. on the whole.  You can see that in the simple fact that the world records have gotten significantly bigger, faster, etc. since the 50's. That takes nothing away from the guys who were the best in the world of their era, but also is quite simply the reality.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Recent testing data for Orange county (where Orlando is):

TESTING DATA FOR ORANGE

Total People Tested: 102,859
  Positive: 3,900

Negative: 98,898
  Inconclusive: 0

Awaiting testing: 34

Percent Positive: 3.8%: Within Target Range

Florida is getting crazy increases recently though. At least not concerning numbers are in ICU or even hospitalized. California on the other hand is out of control. Go Eric Garceti! You bum!

As for Massachusetts: Baker needs to open up the state or people should start to protest their right to make a living. Positive tests are coming back at 2 - 4%. It's time Charlie!!

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

TESTING DATA FOR ORANGE

Florida is getting crazy increases recently though. At least not concerning numbers are in ICU or even hospitalized. California on the other hand is out of control. Go Eric Garceti! You bum!

As for Massachusetts: Baker needs to open up the state or people should start to protest their right to make a living. Positive tests are coming back at 2 - 4%. It's time Charlie!!

Rhode Island is similar. we are seeing about 1.7% positivity rate right now.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

TESTING DATA FOR ORANGE

Rhode Island is similar. we are seeing about 1.7% positivity rate right now.
And our governor is banging on those states that are coming back with a lot of positive cases. Though he doesn't mention how much more tests they've administered and how many less deaths they have than here.  The only thing he holds over those states is tests/1M population. He's really a gutless jackass who is being run by others with other agendas.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the Kyrie is a jack-as$s thread. It's all I'll say

Edit: I'm not including Cali as those "other states". L.A. in particular is a shetshow. They are just spiraling out into oblivion zone.