Author Topic: NBA board expected to ok season restart plan  (Read 14800 times)

Re: NBA board expected to ok season restart plan
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Jalen Rose has the Celtics coming out of the east this year.

Now that's a pretty interesting choice, considering there are the Bucks, Raptors, 76ers, Heat, and Nets on the rise...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2020, 10:59:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Resuming this season means squishing next season too, and I'm not sure I like that. Players won't have much of a rest between seasons, which likely means the Hospital Celtics will be in full effect next season as well.

Gordon Hayward will be the first to join that list. Then Marcus Smart. Then Enes Kanter.

i ll be curious to see if Kanter has truely healed up .  He just wasn't right for a good while there .  We have to have a full healthy core of centers to deal with the various size of opponents bigs. Kanter is still a weapon if he is not playing hurt.

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2020, 09:08:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The Celtics should just 'tank' the rest of the season, i.e. not participate and be healthy for 20-21.

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The Celtics should just 'tank' the rest of the season, i.e. not participate and be healthy for 20-21.

If they play out another 20 games , then start the new season , also playoff games are no joke afairs and everybody is playing for broke ...that will,be brutal enough.   So by Dec .  1/4 of the players or good ones will,be on injured list .

I 'd rather start camp early , forget this season and have everybody at max health on all the teams and start fresh with lots,of practice and strengthening time under their belts .   

Not sure , after a 3 month layoff of sending guys out to battle at playoff intensity is a smart move .  Players could get in alot of physical trouble if they are not in playing shape .

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2020, 05:37:25 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Some more info.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Tentative NBA postseason dates:
Aug. 16-17: Play-in tourney
Aug. 18: First round
Sept. 1: Second round
Sept. 15: Conference Finals
Sept. 30: Finals Game 1

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 10:52:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

This is pretty accurate.

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2020, 09:02:44 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

This is pretty accurate.

I knew this all felt familiar.

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2020, 12:18:40 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-more-nba-players-tested-201057143.html

I wonder how transparent the NBA will be when players test positive once the games start again?

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2020, 01:37:27 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I wonder how transparent the NBA will be when players test positive once the games start again?

They still want a champion, LeBron still wants his ring, the Lakers still want to tie the Celtics in banners. This is the year they must do it.

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2020, 05:58:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think the NBA will be a lot more transparent than the NFL will be.  The league has spent a lot of effort in cultivating a public health image -- from working on malaria in Africa, to dealing with issues including vaccination, stroke awareness, and domestic violence in the US.  They've spent a lot of effort in trying to come up with a very thorough solution of how to resume play, which includes what to do in the event of positive tests.  There's no reason to throw away the book.  Besides, if a player tests positive and the NBA hides it, are they going to hide it from a) the player himself b)his teammates by encouraging/forcing him to continue to play, c) the rest of the league/all the fans with a made up injury for why he isn't playing?  They can't hide it from the player himself -- the lawsuit just isn't worth it.  A team isn't going to choose option B -- no one is ever going to sign there if that happens.  So option c?  All of a sudden a guy is inactive for two weeks, and no one can figure out why, in the extremely porous world of information that is the NBA?  No way.

The question that the NBA may have to deal with (but will hope it doesn't) is what to do if the initial infection of a single player leads to a confirmed outbreak of several additional players.  That's probably the shutdown threshold, because then it means it's just a matter of weeks before it spreads to half the players.

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't consider myself a racist at all but I don't need this thrown in my face everywhere I look. I need some peace from the mayhem that's going on. The social injustice issue cannot be solved in one day and some people act like it can (vote for us and we'll give you what you want...sort of...B.S.!). I for one will not watch my beloved Celtics when/if the season resumes. And I sure as hell will not watch "the decision" on bspn. If anyone is a racist it's Lebron and he doesn't even hide it. I'll check the box scores and root for the C's to win but will not help support the players putting I can't breathe on back of jerseys. It will only incite more riots and eventually lead to resentment among groups of people.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29377073/nba-allow-players-wear-social-justice-messages-jerseys

The NFL will watch and learn something from this. Their team owners are the all whitey white boys club so they're going to be expected to let the players do the same as NBA.

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 06:29:20 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I don't consider myself a racist at all but I don't need this thrown in my face everywhere I look. I need some peace from the mayhem that's going on. The social injustice issue cannot be solved in one day and some people act like it can (vote for us and we'll give you what you want...sort of...B.S.!). I for one will not watch my beloved Celtics when/if the season resumes. And I sure as hell will not watch "the decision" on bspn. If anyone is a racist it's Lebron and he doesn't even hide it. I'll check the box scores and root for the C's to win but will not help support the players putting I can't breathe on back of jerseys. It will only incite more riots and eventually lead to resentment among groups of people.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29377073/nba-allow-players-wear-social-justice-messages-jerseys

The NFL will watch and learn something from this. Their team owners are the all whitey white boys club so they're going to be expected to let the players do the same as NBA.

Thats a lot of anger over some messages on a jersey man.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I agree. And it's stupid to feel this way but I can't help it. Maybe it's being (mostly) shut in for over 3 months and watching too much boobtoob so I hope it passes. If it doesn't than I'll see a professional lol.

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I agree. And it's stupid to feel this way but I can't help it. Maybe it's being (mostly) shut in for over 3 months and watching too much boobtoob so I hope it passes. If it doesn't than I'll see a professional lol.

It reminds me of the XFL.  Gimmicky.  I don’t like the corporate logos on jerseys, and I don’t like this.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2020, 09:22:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

It reminds me of the XFL.  Gimmicky.  I don’t like the corporate logos on jerseys, and I don’t like this.

Thats fair, you dont have to. I just think deciding not to watch a sport you love because some players decide they care enough about a cause to rep it on their jersey is a little much.

I mean the players are playing in a bubble with no crowd at Disneyland in the middle of August. This whole thing is a gimmick. Sports ITSELF is a gimmick.