Author Topic: Cavs (9-39) at Celtics (29-18) Game #48 1/23/19  (Read 19289 times)

Re: Cavs (9-39) at Celtics (29-18) Game #48 1/23/19
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I see another blowout. Maybe not 33 point blowout but a good 20 point blowout. Go Celtics.
God I love how smart I am.
Don’t we all?  ;D

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
anyone else watching Zizic and wishing he wasn't included in that IT deal?

Not really.  I think he's a case of "somebody has to score, even on a bad team" and I think he's a nonentity defensively in the modern NBA.  Even when he scores like this, he subtracts more than he adds.

Just my opinion. 

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
anybody

gonna

watch

Celtics vs Warriors ..... ;D

Do they still have Run TMC?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2019, 09:48:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I see another blowout. Maybe not 33 point blowout but a good 20 point blowout. Go Celtics.
Don’t we all?  ;D

Leppy ....you gonna go nature boy when Boston plays Warriors .. ;D

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2019, 09:51:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Good win. Can't wait until Saturday!

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NATURE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
anybody

gonna

watch

Celtics vs Warriors ..... ;D

Do they still have Run TMC?

LOLOLOLOLOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Don’t we all?  ;D

Leppy ....you gonna go nature boy when Boston plays Warriors .. ;D

one can only hope. keep the faith!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2019, 10:08:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rozier, Brown and Hayward were the three best players on the court tonight. Given all the grief these guys have taken on this site....it's good to see.

But dang, why can't Rozier be like this when coming off the bench? It's like he is a completely different player. If Rozier played off the bench the way he started, he would be one of the more sought after free agents this summer. What a moron for not making sure he was the same player coming off the bench as he is starting. He is costing himself tens of millions of dollars.

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2019, 10:11:49 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Rozier, Brown and Hayward were the three best players on the court tonight. Given all the grief these guys have taken on this site....it's good to see.

But dang, why can't Rozier be like this when coming off the bench? It's like he is a completely different player. If Rozier played off the bench the way he started, he would be one of the more sought after free agents this summer. What a moron for not making sure he was the same player coming off the bench as he is starting. He is costing himself tens of millions of dollars.

Have you noticed that Hayward’s minutes are declining? He used to come in before the 6:00 mark of the 1st but now it’s almost always after. He also would usually come in with 3:00 left in the 2nd and now he sometimes just stays on the bench.

He wasn’t affected tonight because Brad left JB and Hayward on for a long stretch in the 4th due to the game being a blowout. Otherwise his minutes would have been down again—it’s interesting.

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2019, 10:15:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I'm curious to know what you make of Brown/Rozier/Hayward having excellent games with Kyrie out, and Rozier's issues coming off the bench.  To be transparent, I'm asking in the context of your staunch support for Kyrie - no set-up here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I'm curious to know what you make of Brown/Rozier/Hayward having excellent games with Kyrie out, and Rozier's issues coming off the bench.  To be transparent, I'm asking in the context of your staunch support for Kyrie - no set-up here.
Well, Rozier has been like this since his first year. When he started in Maine he was great, got a chance here off the bench and wasn't good. I don't think IT or Kyrie limiting his minutes affects or affected Rozier. I think it's something internal with him. He just plays better knowing he is starting.

As for Hayward and Brown, they have both played well when Kyrie plays. Hayward's problems are due to not being 100% physically or 100% mentally to have the confidence to do what he used to do. If he was 100% to start the season, I think Hayward and Kyrie would have a wicked 2 man game going on right now. Hayward at 100% is that good.

Brown was Brown's problem early. He went from a number one option last year in the playoffs to being the 5th option to start the season as a starter. That would effect any 21-22 year old in the league.

I think Brown and Hayward will continue to get better and better, regardless of who is starting at PG. By the playoffs I can see Hayward being close to 100% and Brown just taking his game to a level equal to or better than last year's playoffs.

Certainly both Hayward and Brown are trending in that direction.

« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Not to mention, these are the Cavs...

But Hayward's good game is a good sign.

Meanwhile, Brown has been good for a while now.

« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

We have games that Kyrie was out and Rozier still stunk (Dal and Nets games), he has just been overall bad this season, although he looks to be playing better the last few games.

I think Hayward is affected by kyrie being out indirectly, because he spends fewer minutes with Rozier and that gives him the reigns of the 2nd unit. I feel like we need Rozier to play more off ball and get less touches, so that the offense can run through Hayward and get him more involved and also affect Brown as well since he gets more touches from Hayward's playmaking instead of Rozier.

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Well, Rozier has been like this since his first year. When he started in Maine he was great, got a chance here off the bench and wasn't good. I don't think IT or Kyrie limiting his minutes affects or affected Rozier. I think it's something internal with him. He just plays better knowing he is starting.

As for Hayward and Brown, they have both played well when Kyrie plays. Hayward's problems are due to not being 100% physically or 100% mentally to have the confidence to do what he used to do. If he was 100% to start the season, I think Hayward and Kyrie would have a wicked 2 man game going on right now. Hayward at 100% is that good.

Brown was Brown's problem early. He went from a number one option last year in the playoffs to being the 5th option to start the season as a starter. That would effect any 21-22 year old in the league.

I think Brown and Hayward will continue to get better and better, regardless of who is starting at PG. By the playoffs I can see Hayward being close to 100% and Brown just taking his game to a level equal to or better than last year's playoffs.

Certainly both Hayward and Brown are trending in that direction.

I didn't know that was a trend for Rozier going back to Maine.  That's a fair point.  Through interviews and his play when he starts, I do get the impression that it's somewhat ego-driven, which seems somewhat fair - he does play like a starter when he starts, and he entered the league as a "fair" prospect with a chip on his shoulder. 

Hayward has certainly been limited by his injury and recovery, which is completely understandable, and I agree that they'd play well; I think Hayward could play well with anyone, though. 

Brown is a different case.  While he's trending upward, he has regressed.  I agree with you regarding Brown and Rozier - both went from top options on a successful playoff run during their prime developmental years, and they haven't responded well to being downgraded to lesser roles. And that's understandable and expected for 22-24 year olds.

This is also related to my primary concern - we have excellent prospects that have played poorly since Kyrie's return.  Realizing that concern this season sucks because these guys are our ticket to long-term contention, and they've proven to be very good players.  Kyrie's stats are trending upward, but I don't see him making any one better.  Again, I believe he has the ability, but until he does, we're failing to support our best prospects in their prime developmental years.  I don't know about you, but I care more about that than an off-shot of contending with GS this season.

I also think Brown and Hayward will also continue to trend upward. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC