Author Topic: What teams do you respect most/least in the NFL?  (Read 4814 times)

Re: What teams do you respect most/least in the NFL?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't love franchises that move and abandon fan bases (Rams and Raiders are serial offenders), and I don't like franchises that build teams full of criminals (like the Bengals).

I don't like the Pats, Brady or Belichek, but it's hard not to respect them (except when they're cheating, haha).

Ya that's a real haha. Why don't you give yourself some more negative points. What are you another Giants fan?

lol

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't love franchises that move and abandon fan bases (Rams and Raiders are serial offenders), and I don't like franchises that build teams full of criminals (like the Bengals).

I don't like the Pats, Brady or Belichek, but it's hard not to respect them (except when they're cheating, haha).

Ya that's a real haha. Why don't you give yourself some more negative points. What are you another Giants fan?

Lighten up. The Pats got caught pushing the envelope twice now, and there are plenty of other sources who say it wasn't a two time thing. Accept the good (five rings, HOF coach and QB) while acknowledging the bad (the team hasn't always strictly followed the rule book).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Lighten up. The Pats got caught pushing the envelope twice now, and there are plenty of other sources who say it wasn't a two time thing. Accept the good (five rings, HOF coach and QB) while acknowledging the bad (the team hasn't always strictly followed the rule book).
What the Pats did during Spygate, everyone was doing at the time. Several coaches have admitted this. Science has shown, pretty emphatically that weather was the reason for underinflated balls. Heck, the Colts had at least one, and maybe more underinflated balls had the officials the time to measure every ball.

Do the Pats like to find loopholes in the rules to take advantage of? Sure. But then again, when the league changes hand checking rules for defensive backs because the Colts and Manning didn't like the way the Pats did things and then suspend the biggest star in the league over something that science disproved, I can understand the Pats feeling the league is out to squelch their success.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

deflategate and spygate were pretty pathetic in terms of the actual things the team got caught doing.

Losing respect for the patriots over deflategate or spygate is pretty ridiculous. Did you lose respect for the giants when they used a walkie talkie during a game? what about when the panthers heated up footballs on the sideline during a cold game? how about when the Falcons pumped in fake crowd noise, or when the Jets tampered with Darelle Revis? Did you lose respect for the Packers when Rodgers said he used to try to get balls over-inflated? Did you lose respect for the Jets when they literally got caught doing the exact same thing as the patriots?

I mean, if all those things caused you to lose respect for those teams, then yeah sure. If they didnt, then I think it is more likely that you really hate the patriots and their "cheating" is the only real excuse you can find for hating them.

I mean you see the same stuff with Lebron. People make up plenty of reasons why they hate Lebron.

People used to make up plenty excuses for why they hated the Yankees.

It happens all the time. If you think the Pats do a lot of cheating that they just havent gotten caught for, then fine, but if you losing a non-trivial amount of respect for them for deflategate and spygate seems to be reaching a decent amount.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:26:31 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 08:40:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Hey Roy why don't you look a this link:
http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

The NFL's Biggest: Cheaters | Cheats

What? You were expecting another team to top the list? Blame your local and national sports media for misinforming you. Click on a team's name to see all of their cheats or browse a list of the NFL's biggest cheats instead.

TEAM

CHEATSCORE?

1. Denver Broncos

(CheatScore of 53 = THE BIGGEST NFL Cheaters)

2. New York Jets

(CheatScore of 50 = ELITE NFL Cheaters)

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

(CheatScore of 44 = EXCEPTIONAL NFL Cheaters)

4. Indianapolis Colts

(CheatScore of 39 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

5. New York Giants

(CheatScore of 37 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

6. San Francisco 49ers

(CheatScore of 37 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

7. Baltimore Ravens

(CheatScore of 35 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

8. Oakland Raiders

(CheatScore of 33 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

9. Miami Dolphins

(CheatScore of 31 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

10. Washington Redskins

(CheatScore of 31 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

11. Atlanta Falcons

(CheatScore of 29 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

12. Green Bay Packers

(CheatScore of 29 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

13. Detroit Lions

(CheatScore of 27 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

14. Seattle Seahawks

15. Carolina Panthers

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

(CheatScore of 26 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

17. New England Patriots

(CheatScore of 26 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

18. New Orleans Saints

(CheatScore of 23 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

19. Minnesota Vikings

(CheatScore of 23 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

20. San Diego Chargers

(CheatScore of 22 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

21. Chicago Bears

22. Dallas Cowboys

23. Buffalo Bills

24. Philadelphia Eagles

25. Cleveland Browns

(CheatScore of 20 = BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

26. Kansas City Chiefs

(CheatScore of 17 = WELL BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

27. Tennessee Titans

(CheatScore of 17 = WELL BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

28. Cincinnati Bengals

(CheatScore of 15 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

29. Houston Texans

(CheatScore of 14 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

30. Los Angeles Rams

(CheatScore of 14 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

31. Jacksonville Jaguars

(CheatScore of 13 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

32. Arizona Cardinals

(CheatScore of 12 = THE FEEBLEST NFL Cheaters)

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 09:05:01 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I was born a Patriots fan. They top my respect list, but other than them:

Steelers (because they're from Pittsburgh), Ravens (because they're from Baltimore).
Seahawks (because my brother lives in Seattle and his wife has been a long time Seahawks fan, since well before they were famous).

Teams I dislike: Giants, Broncos, Cowboys, Dolphins.

Teams I hate: Jets.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 09:26:07 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
most: NE, NYG, Pitt, Den, Seattle, GB, and Baltimore.

least: NYJ, Miami, Cincy, Detroit, Philly, KC (never can win the big game), the Chargers, Redskins, and of course, CLE.

I think the similar types of people that hate on the Patriots also can't stand Lebron. Haters are gonna hate!

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
teams I like and ones I respect are very different.

Respect: Seahawks, Ravens

Harbaugh 9ers and Coughlin Giants were on this list. As were the Cowher steelers, any Peyton Manning team, and Rex Ryan led Jets (I know I know half the time we blew him out, but every once in a while he had the answers most coaches never have). He brought a Mark Sanchez QBd team to the AFC championship.

least Respect: Bengals, 49ers, Colts

They are OK with being solid and not competing for a championship and I dont like that at all. Big egos resulted in Harbaugh firing. Really dumb and turned me off to that ownership group. Colts ownership and then the AFC finalist banner and the amount of real estate New England owns in their heads has culminated in me not taking them seriously.

Jim Harbaugh being a huge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about our formations made me lose some respect for him, but hes one of the few coaches in this league that Id say gives his team an advantage on a regular basis so I still have respect for the Ravens. Although that respect has dipped a decent amount with Steve Smith's retirement.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

They definitely push the envelope. But Pats fans don't have to respect the rest of the league because when the Pats get quasi-legitimately questioned for pushing the envelope our QB and team gets punished more than if Brady were a rapist. It's a $20,000 equipment infraction. It's not a ticket to Brady's cell phone.  The league is a fraud and the Pats dominate it with their right hand tied behind their back. That's why New England doesn't have to respect the rest of the league. Other teams can't even beat them while they're taking away our draft picks against their own rules. Joke league and ESPN is a joke network. So yeah. We push the envelope. Then we get absurd punishments that don't even resemble fitting the crime and then they still can't beat the Pats.

And this isn't even to mention that as soon as the Pats legitimately find a play or a system that works they take it away. And then they still can't beat the Patriots. If you breathe on a WR now you get a flag. That was to help Peyton Manning. Can't jump over the line to block kicks now. The Ravens cried about our formations. At some point they have to stop embarrassing themselves.