Author Topic: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!  (Read 80112 times)

Re: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2016, 03:12:58 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Honestly, it just feels like you're negative no matter what happens. What would you have like the Celtics to do?

Also, if the Celtics beat the Hawks in the playoffs next year, you'll still be complaining. By the way, you do realize Howard's team last year was like 500 right? They also had Harden on that team. Never seen anyone overrate Howard more than you. He's a shell of himself...
I have complained? That's news to me.

Pointing out that all that the conclusion that our roster somehow became vastly superior to Atlanta's overnight are the result of free agency euphoria is not complaining.

Bro, in earlier posts you said Horford was a bad contract. Stop contradicting yourself. You also ignore great counters other people have made to your arguments. And stop ignoring my point about Howard.
As I said, come back to talk when the endorphins wear out. It's clear that they mess with your reading comprehension.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #301 on: July 03, 2016, 03:14:42 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Honestly, it just feels like you're negative no matter what happens. What would you have like the Celtics to do?

Also, if the Celtics beat the Hawks in the playoffs next year, you'll still be complaining. By the way, you do realize Howard's team last year was like 500 right? They also had Harden on that team. Never seen anyone overrate Howard more than you. He's a shell of himself...

Pointing out that all that the conclusion that our roster somehow became vastly superior to Atlanta's overnight are the result of free agency euphoria is not complaining.

Bro, in earlier posts you said Horford was a bad contract. Stop contradicting yourself. You also ignore great counters other people have made to your arguments. And stop ignoring my point about Howard.
As I said, come back to talk when the endorphins wear out. It's clear that they mess with your reading comprehension.

As usual, you keep ignoring everything I say. You did say earlier he was a bad contract. That means you just contradicted yourself lol. But yeah, keep acting like everyone on this board is crazy dude. Enjoy the island you're on.

« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2016, 03:20:58 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

By the way, Al Horford was ranked 17th in Win share last season while Howard was 43. But yeah we all have the green googles right and you as an unbias king is right. I hope you caught my sarcasm cause it's clear you don't want to be happy.

Dropping the mic there cause you just got owned. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2016_advanced.html

« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:52:00 AM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #304 on: July 03, 2016, 03:45:19 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Are the endorphins messing with your ability to have a logical discussion?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #305 on: July 03, 2016, 03:48:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I love my new sig guys.

::) Have you ever seen Prince play?  He's taller, more athletic, can actually score in the post, has a surprisingly-nice step back from midrange, and, like Crowder, has a great work ethic.  It's not as clear cut as you think, but I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised given how you have a tendency to just spew things without doing any research on the topic ::). What did I ever do to you?

« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2016, 03:50:37 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Taurean Prince is already better than Jae? Just when I thought I'd heard it all.

If we had picked him would he still be better than Jae? Or would Danny have made a terrible move since he drafted a guy who projects to be maybe as good as Jae, and hence would be redundant?

Yes.

« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2016, 03:59:06 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I love my new sig guys.

::) Have you ever seen Prince play?  He's taller, more athletic, can actually score in the post, has a surprisingly-nice step back from midrange, and, like Crowder, has a great work ethic. It's not as clear cut as you think, but I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised given how you have a tendency to just spew things without doing any research on the topic ::). What did I ever do to you?

Sounds like someone just watched his DX video.

Did I watch Prince a lot? No. Did I watch him enough to be able to make a fair judgement? Yes. In the long term he might have a better career than Jae, but in no way shape or form is he better than Jae right now.

People say Jaylen is a bust before he's played an NBA game. That's unreasonable because we have not seen what he can do in the NBA yet.

You say Prince is better than Jae before Prince has played an NBA game. That's also unreasonable because we have not seen what he can do in the NBA.

Why don't you reserve all your judgements about these kids until after they play for awhile in the NBA? I do plenty of research in the topics that are discussed on this forum. If you think  I'm just spewing stuff out, then clearly you haven't noticed how you post on here.

« Reply #308 on: July 03, 2016, 04:18:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Al Horford is basically perfect for this team and addresses one of our greatest weaknesses.  The fact that he added a reliable 3-point shot last season takes it to another level.  He's perfect for Brad Stevens.

He lead the Hawks to 60 wins last season.  He does a little of everything.  This is huge.

If you're luke warm on the move, just watch some Al Horford highlight videos and get pumped.   Everyone loves highlight videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAPmPDhMjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLLLUhXxaVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMbPu-4lYVU
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:23:56 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2016, 04:32:37 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I love my new sig guys.

::) Have you ever seen Prince play?  He's taller, more athletic, can actually score in the post, has a surprisingly-nice step back from midrange, and, like Crowder, has a great work ethic. It's not as clear cut as you think, but I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised given how you have a tendency to just spew things without doing any research on the topic ::). What did I ever do to you?

Did I watch Prince a lot? No. Did I watch him enough to be able to make a fair judgement? Yes. In the long term he might have a better career than Jae, but in no way shape or form is he better than Jae right now.

People say Jaylen is a bust before he's played an NBA game. That's unreasonable because we have not seen what he can do in the NBA yet.

You say Prince is better than Jae before Prince has played an NBA game. That's also unreasonable because we have not seen what he can do in the NBA.

Why don't you reserve all your judgements about these kids until after they play for awhile in the NBA? I do plenty of research in the topics that are discussed on this forum. If you think  I'm just spewing stuff out, then clearly you haven't noticed how you post on here.

Yeah, like that time that CoachBo stated on at least 4 different occasions that he would have taken Kris Dunn at 3 but since you didn't notice it, you continued to operate under the assumption that said poster never did so and ridiculed him for it, so it's hard to take you seriously when you do things like that and then say that you do plenty of research on topics, but whatever; and no, I don't spew anything out.  Unless I'm making a joke, everything I post on here is based either on what I've seen, read, or what other people have stated on here in the past.  Having a different viewpoint doesn't equate to spewing.  Failure to do proper research before making a claim, however, does.  Maybe you should try it ;). I also did not watch his draftexpress video, but again, continue to make those assumptions - it's really working for you (sarcasm) ::)

Additionally, you still have yet to answer my question - what did I ever do to you?  I've never attacked you nor any of your posts in any way, shape, or form, nor have I engaged in such sophomoric behavior as choosing to put a quote of yours in my sig and then proceed to go, "Hey, everybody, look at how awesome I am." You stay classy, alldaboston ::).

« Reply #310 on: July 03, 2016, 04:39:43 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Taurean Prince is already better than Jae? Just when I thought I'd heard it all.

If we had picked him would he still be better than Jae? Or would Danny have made a terrible move since he drafted a guy who projects to be maybe as good as Jae, and hence would be redundant?
My personal favorite was the implication that it our only hope would be to play Jackson and Bentil.

Given that Bentil is an inside-out threat like Millsap, yeah, I think that that we be a good way to offset Millsap's production, and of the guys we have off of the bench, Jackson is the best playmaker of the bunch, especially since we just lost Turner.  Who would you rather have running the offense?  Rozier?  Smart?  Brown?  Ahahaha ;D.

« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2016, 04:51:33 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I love my new sig guys.

Yeah, like that time that CoachBo stated on at least 4 different occasions that he would have taken Kris Dunn at 3 but since you didn't notice it, you continued to operate under the assumption that said poster never did so and ridiculed him for it, so it's hard to take you seriously when you do things like that and then say that you do plenty of research on topics, but whatever; and no, I don't spew anything out.  Unless I'm making a joke, everything I post on here is based either on what I've seen, read, or what other people have stated on here in the past.  Having a different viewpoint doesn't equate to spewing.  Failure to do proper research before making a claim, however, does.  Maybe you should try it ;). I also did not watch his draftexpress video, but again, continue to make those assumptions - it's really working for you (sarcasm) ::)

Additionally, you still have yet to answer my question - what did I ever do to you?  I've never attacked you nor any of your posts in any way, shape, or form, nor have I engaged in such sophomoric behavior as choosing to put a quote of yours in my sig and then proceed to go, "Hey, everybody, look at how awesome I am." You stay classy, alldaboston ::).

So it's my responsibility to go and check his post history to find where he said it? How about the fact that he never responded to me when I asked him who he wanted? That's what I meant when I said what I said about him. If he had simply responded to my comment saying that he would take Dunn, the problem would be solved and we would never be having this conversation.

So now it's a problem to have a sig? I can put whatever I want in my sig. Its perfectly reasonable for me to want to be reminded of your extremely unreasonable claim every time I post here.  When LarBrd said he thought Brooklyn would win 35-40 games, a poster here (I forget who) put that comment in his sig. Is that sophomoric behavior too?

But just for you, I'll go ahead and delete that comment. Evidently it struck you the wrong way. So I'm sorry for that.

« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2016, 04:52:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Al Horford is basically perfect for this team and addresses one of our greatest weaknesses.  The fact that he added a reliable 3-point shot last season takes it to another level.  He's perfect for Brad Stevens.

He lead the Hawks to 60 wins last season.  He does a little of everything.  This is huge.

If you're luke warm on the move, just watch some Al Horford highlight videos and get pumped.   Everyone loves highlight videos.

Dat set shot, tho ;D. TP for the videos, man, although I think that this one showing Horford and Howard outlines both the good and bad about having Al matchup with Dwight, but I suppose that that goes both ways, so yeah ;D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgLEY3k5AM

« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2016, 05:26:03 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

Dat set shot, tho ;D. TP for the videos, man, although I think that this one showing Horford and Howard outlines both the good and bad about having Al matchup with Dwight, but I suppose that that goes both ways, so yeah ;D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgLEY3k5AM

at 3:23 of that video, that for me is the biggest difference between Horford and Howard. Horford just makes "winning plays". He doesn't seem like the type to ever give up on a play. It actually reminded me of that game 7 (I think?) vs Pierce and the Wizards the other year. He swooped in and made the game-winning o-reb and putback.

EDIT: my bad, it was game 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffXOza3r3zY)
- LilRip

« Reply #314 on: July 03, 2016, 05:33:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I love my new sig guys.

So it's my responsibility to go and check his post history to find where he said it? How about the fact that he never responded to me when I asked him who he wanted? That's what I meant when I said what I said about him. If he had simply responded to my comment saying that he would take Dunn, the problem would be solved and we would never be having this conversation.

So now it's a problem to have a sig? I can put whatever I want in my sig. Its perfectly reasonable for me to want to be reminded of your extremely unreasonable claim every time I post here.  When LarBrd said he thought Brooklyn would win 35-40 games, a poster here (I forget who) put that comment in his sig. Is that sophomoric behavior too?

But just for you, I'll go ahead and delete that comment. Evidently it struck you the wrong way. So I'm sorry for that.

You really never saw any of the comments he made regarding Dunn?  Well, I did, and I only searched for them to make a point after the fact, but they were there, in plain sight, and in popular threads, no less.

There's nothing wrong with having a sig, but I reject the notion that it's perfectly reasonable for you to want to be reminded of my 'unreasonable' claim whenever you're here, especially after saying that I do so on a regular basis, which is patently false and you know it, so why else would you have it up other than to mock me? 

The poster to whom you're referring regarding LarBrd33's preseason prediction on the Nets, btw, is Eddie20, who has on at least 3 occasions derided my posts (even going so far as to say that I post nonsense), insulted me personally, and resorted to name calling, all of which I subsequently reported after doing absolutely nothing to him at all, so, again, you're not doing your homework, and using him as an example of what should not be construed as sophomoric behavior is not only simply unfathomable to me, but also puts you in his category of bullying, as far as I'm concerned.  Please at least try to know what you're talking about on these matters so as to not dig yourself an even further hole.  If you want to argue/debate a point, fine.  If you want to maybe playfully poke fun at something I post in addition to making fun of yourself as I often do on here, that's fine, too, but don't try and mock me and then attempt to defend it as some sort of personal reminder.  That, to me, has about as much credibility as saying that your account was hacked for 5 months by friends of Nicki Minaj, lol ;D.

I have no problem admitting that I'm an idiot, which I am, lol, and that I'm wrong.  For example, I never thought that we'd sign a free agent of Horford's caliber, but when it happened, and even though I'm not a fan of his nor the move (sorry, man, too many battles and dirty plays over the years to forget), I posted that I was surprised (I think I said 'wow') and asked if anyone had any good crow (hawk) or vice versa recipes ;D, thereby poking fun at myself, but I suppose that because I only posted this comment in the thread, in general, and did not respond to one of yours asking 'what are the haters going to say now' or something, that that means that it never actually happened, right? ::) Do what you want with your sig - I don't care, but your showing in this exercise is frankly more pitiful than Ainge's drafting record, imo, and is hardly a ringing endorsement of what we can expect from you in the future as a poster if this behavior continues, barring a radical transformation.  I also find it amusing that you still have yet to explain what it is that I ever did to you to warrant such behavior, but I think we both know that the answer to that question, is, in a word, nothing.  I enjoy spirited conversation regarding the Celtics, preferably with humor mixed in, but what you're doing is none of that.