Author Topic: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation  (Read 13398 times)

Re: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2019, 08:25:41 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Am I the only one who doesn't see the big deal about this? 2 consenting adults. Kraft isn't going to fire up the plane or yacht for 5 seconds of fun. And no, the part about the workers being trafficked is not relevant because the clients have zero way of knowing that. This is big news because the media has nothing better to do than to over-dramatisize meaningless news

it wasn't two consenting adults, though. that's why they did the whole sting. these women were told they were coming to America for legitimate work, then effectively held as indentured servants.

https://twitter.com/chrisjansing/status/1098991487264661505?s=21
https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/martin-county/martin-county-sheriff-william-snyder-holds-news-conference-on-8-month-investigation

is Kraft going to be forced out of the NFL for a violation that typically incurs a pre-trial diversionary process before the charges are dropped? Nope. is Goodell still going to throw the book at him and fine him more than the $500k he fined Jim Irsay for his DUI 4.5 years ago. Absolutely

I think CE's point is that the people going there probably thought the workers were consenting, not being forced into sex work. Obviously if Kraft and others knew what was going on and continued to frequent the establishment, that would be one thing, but that seems unlikely.

So, from the surface, I totally agree with you CE. Why they haven't yet legalized prostitution is beyond me. The government would be able to collect more tax dollars and fewer resources would be spent on trying to catch 'perpetrators' of such a trivial 'crime.' I understand that it is still illegal and there will be repercussions, but this is literally nothing in my book.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:32:02 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Tom Brady will be suspended 4 games for this. Robert Kraft will be banned from attending ALL NFL games in 2019 season. Patriots will get fined $1M, stripped of two draft picks, and begin a $5M investigation called "ProstituteGate"

And now haters will be using this as their new excuse on how the Patriots cheated in Superbowl LIII.  :(
Bart Scott said he thinks the pats should lose every single draft pick this year and get fined lol. That guy is delusional  ::) ...
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2019, 09:02:03 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tom Brady will be suspended 4 games for this. Robert Kraft will be banned from attending ALL NFL games in 2019 season. Patriots will get fined $1M, stripped of two draft picks, and begin a $5M investigation called "ProstituteGate"

And now haters will be using this as their new excuse on how the Patriots cheated in Superbowl LIII.  :(
Bart Scott said he thinks the pats should lose every single draft pick this year and get fined lol. That guy is delusional  ::) ...

There's a reason Bart Scott was axed from the NFL Today....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
500,000 is pocket change for this guy

maybe in 50-75mil range would make him wince a tad.

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Turns out Kraft isn't even the only billionaire caught - a finance guy named John Childs also was frequenting this place. Wonder if there's more to the story, of if these semi-captive sex workers were just deemed more disposable and less likely to try to extort them.

That suggests this was not some shady joint that Kraft was foolish to have gone to. If that kind of money is being attracted there must be real money behind the parlor.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2019, 01:35:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Turns out Kraft isn't even the only billionaire caught - a finance guy named John Childs also was frequenting this place. Wonder if there's more to the story, of if these semi-captive sex workers were just deemed more disposable and less likely to try to extort them.

That suggests this was not some shady joint that Kraft was foolish to have gone to. If that kind of money is being attracted there must be real money behind the parlor.
to be fair, it's Jupiter Florida, where rich people live

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2019, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's clear the NFL should hit him with 4 to 8 games, and a first round pick.

Edelman got 4 games. Brady got 4 games with Pats losing a first.

Kraft used performance enhancers and illegally deflated balls.

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2019, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kraft is a selfish idiot. All the hard work the team did to achieve its 6th Super Bowl, which should have been savored until next September, has been eclipsed by this story in less than 3 weeks.

I hope he is forced to relinquish his role for ownership to his son.

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2019, 01:50:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I can't believe he went there the morning of the AFC title game before flying on to Kansas City.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can't believe he went there the morning of the AFC title game before flying on to Kansas City.
He was feeling the pressure

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2019, 04:08:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
When are yall gonna learn that sex urge is a natural phenomenon....legislating against this basic natural instinct is the problem...if the culture does not frown so harshly on people having polygamous relationships there MAY be less illicit sexual activities taking place in our society.

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 04:12:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That's not going to happen. He will get the same treatment Irsay got: a fine and a period of time he will need to be disassociated from the team.

So a fine of $250,000 to $1 million. A suspension of 4-8 games.

And if Kraft gets suspended for opening night with the unveiling of the title banner, good. He deserves to miss it.

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 04:24:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Suspending non players or non coaches from games is IDIOTIC.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:35:29 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

That's not going to happen. He will get the same treatment Irsay got: a fine and a period of time he will need to be disassociated from the team.

So a fine of $250,000 to $1 million. A suspension of 4-8 games.

And if Kraft gets suspended for opening night with the unveiling of the title banner, good. He deserves to miss it.

I thought the maximum fine allowed was $500,000.

I realize the League can't force him to give up control of the team. I am really talking about him continuing to act as owner rep at meetings, award presentations, press conferences.  His face will forever be associated with a pretty skeevy incident video of which is likely to be viewed by everyone in this country within a few days or weeks. There will be tremendous pressure for him to step down in his role as team spokesman.