Author Topic: Zach Lowe compares Kawhi and Jaylen  (Read 7329 times)

Re: Zach Lowe compares Kawhi and Jaylen
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
And this is why I keep bringing up...

Are we sure that Tatum's ceiling is higher than Jaylen's?

"Tatum’s ceiling higher than Brown - not so fast"
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=94450.0;topicseen

Yes it is

You cant teach what Tatum possesses

At this point, I might be inclined to agree to a point, but on the other hand, what you're saying, here, makes absolutely no sense, imo. Is it not possible to "teach" basketball skills?

;D

2 min left you need a bucket

Tatum is locked in

Brown looks overwhelmed at times

Tatum finds a way to get a bucket (more often than not)

Brown may run into a crowd. Or try a 3 when he has been ice cold all game.

Tatum has the "it" factor.  Can Brown become like this ? Maybe...hopefully
Chalking up this opinion I cimpletely disagree with to recency bias. Tatum showed up in game 7 and Brown was bad. Forgotten is how amazing Brown was in game 6 and the only other Celtic that tried to end the series in 6 was Rozier. Everyone else, Tatum included, looked.....overwhelmed.

Brown shot 40 % in the regular season and during the playoffs on high volume. You want those guys to continue to shoot 3s. Even if they are cold. You know who shot the three real bad in the playoffs and at times looked overwhelmed shooting from three, for a lot of playoff games...Tatum.

And the whole, Brown loses the ball running into crowds thing is so overblown. His turnover rate and turnovers per game just don't show that, especially in the recent playoffs where he had a 7.4% TO rate for a usage of 24%.

Brown and Tatum both show to me that in different ways, they are going to be major difference makers.

In fairness, all too often both Brown and Tatum continue to dribble on the same side as the nearby help defense, if not opting to dribble into it, entirely, and the results aren't exactly pretty, lol ;D.

On another front, if the three isn't dropping for the both/either of them, I'd like to see those two try to get to the line or post up or something else as opposed to just continuing to chuck shots from beyond the arc because analytics, lol ::) ;D. Ugh.

Get a layup, a foul, or something else easier and then your three point shot will start dropping, but to continue to just bomb away from three, and especially when you can't seem to throw it in the ocean from the beach, so to speak, is beyond stupid, imo.
Depends on how open a three each have, IMO. If you have a wide open three or one created by a designed play where you have that opening and the coach called the play for you, you take that shot no matter how cold you are. You live with those types of misses and don't discourage the shooter from being a shooter. Otherwise, don't force the issue and try other ways to score or contribute as a whole.

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Yes it is

At this point, I might be inclined to agree to a point, but on the other hand, what you're saying, here, makes absolutely no sense, imo. Is it not possible to "teach" basketball skills?

;D

Tatum is locked in

Chalking up this opinion I cimpletely disagree with to recency bias. Tatum showed up in game 7 and Brown was bad. Forgotten is how amazing Brown was in game 6 and the only other Celtic that tried to end the series in 6 was Rozier. Everyone else, Tatum included, looked.....overwhelmed.

Brown shot 40 % in the regular season and during the playoffs on high volume. You want those guys to continue to shoot 3s. Even if they are cold. You know who shot the three real bad in the playoffs and at times looked overwhelmed shooting from three, for a lot of playoff games...Tatum.

And the whole, Brown loses the ball running into crowds thing is so overblown. His turnover rate and turnovers per game just don't show that, especially in the recent playoffs where he had a 7.4% TO rate for a usage of 24%.

Brown and Tatum both show to me that in different ways, they are going to be major difference makers.

So how come Brown went 1-5 and scored 2 pts in game 7 vs Bucks?

And we all know what happened vs the Cavs

Small sample but nervous two game 7s in a row?

Tatum on the other hand doesnt seem to bow down to this kind pressure (for the most part). I mean two solid game 7 performances

Both are nice young talents. Matter of fact seems like Tatum is a cold starter and Brown usually starts strong. And it seems like it becomes the opposite as the game goes on.  There is a higher value placed on closers/come through in clutch talents

So this is why Tatum is considered(fans, media) pretty much untouchable and Brown has been involved in recent trade talks (rumor, media etc)

Yep, you CLEARLY DID NOT watch Game 7 vs Bucks.

If you did, you'd know Jaylen left in the 2nd quarter to injury (hamstring) and never returned...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 11:05:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Yes it is

;D

Tatum is locked in

Tatum on the other hand doesnt seem to bow down to this kind pressure (for the most part). I mean two solid game 7 performances

Both are nice young talents. Matter of fact seems like Tatum is a cold starter and Brown usually starts strong. And it seems like it becomes the opposite as the game goes on.  There is a higher value placed on closers/come through in clutch talents

So this is why Tatum is considered(fans, media) pretty much untouchable and Brown has been involved in recent trade talks (rumor, media etc)

If you did, you'd know Jaylen left in the 2nd quarter to injury (hamstring) and never returned...  ::)

Indeed. So triboy's argument here is invalid!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 11:08:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yes it is

;D

Tatum is locked in

TP. About to post the same thing until I saw this post.

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yes it is

;D

Tatum is locked in

Clutch response lol

But what about the rest of my point?

Why is Brown involved in Leonard/Davis trade rumor talks but not Tatum?

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2018, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yes it is

;D

Tatum is locked in

Clutch response lol

But what about the rest of my point?

Why is Brown involved in Leonard/Davis trade rumor talks but not Tatum?
Media speculation....not talks. We have no idea if Brown has been involved in any talks.

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 02:59:09 AM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Brown is listed in trades because he is the lesser of the two prospect. Tatum upside is MVP level candidate while Brown is a top 30ish player upside.