Author Topic: Greatest Rescinded Trades in NBA History  (Read 3279 times)

Greatest Rescinded Trades in NBA History
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Well with the Chandler/OK trade turning out to be not OK, it made me wonder about some other deals that went down then didn't...

Off the top of my head (and this is in no way a great deal)

Dino Radja for Clarence Weatherspoon and Michael Cage - I remember actually trading the two to my NBA live team in anticipation - Spoon man was scoring 20 a game, it was sick....

Obviously there must be bigger names and better deals that failed because of a failed physical....

I seem to remember Kevin Willis being in one, but again I'd rather not look it up, more fun for us to come up with them from memory
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Greatest Rescinded Trades in NBA History
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:19:37 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i remember several years ago the celtics had a deal in place that would have sent brian shaw to the kings for wayman tisdale...

don't know how that fell apart, but that would have been nice for boston.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: Greatest Rescinded Trades in NBA History
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Greatest I can remember - Robert Horry (HOU) for Sean Elliott (DET).  I remember reading that Horry hung a Pistons jersey with his name on it on his wall for years to remind him of how Houston hadn't wanted him, and it motivated him to become as valuable to his team as possible. 

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9502EEDE1F39F936A35751C0A962958260

Don't remember why that one fell apart either.  EDIT:  Turns out Elliott's kidney problems scuttled it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:30:09 PM by fairweatherfan »