Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 560039 times)

CelticSooner, 86MaxwellSmart and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6990 on: May 03, 2024, 12:57:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Beverley called the reporter and apologized.

Malinda Adams
@MalindaAdams

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I am humbled. Patrick Beverley just called me and apologized. I appreciate it  and accept it. The Bucks also reached out to apologize. I've been in news for over 40 years and kindness and grace always win.

On the fan exchange

Patrick Beverley
@patbev21

Not Fair at all. Exchanged between a fan and our ball club all night. We warned and asked for help all night. Not fair. 🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️

« Reply #6991 on: May 03, 2024, 01:00:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
I’m picking the Magic to extend the series tonight with Cavs.

Cavs win in 7
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 01:08:31 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #6992 on: May 03, 2024, 01:02:39 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Beverley called the reporter and apologized.

Malinda Adams
@MalindaAdams

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I am humbled. Patrick Beverley just called me and apologized. I appreciate it  and accept it. The Bucks also reached out to apologize. I've been in news for over 40 years and kindness and grace always win.

On the fan exchange

Patrick Beverley
@patbev21

Not Fair at all. Exchanged between a fan and our ball club all night. We warned and asked for help all night. Not fair. 🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️

Get this clown outta the league
- LilRip

« Reply #6993 on: May 03, 2024, 01:38:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Alleged exchange:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: The exchange between Patrick Beverley and one of the fans in Indianapolis escalated when the Bucks were breaking huddle Thursday night, and the fan yelled, “Cancún...Cancún on 3.”

NBA is looking into Beverley’s exchange with fans in game and media postgame, per source.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6994 on: May 03, 2024, 02:31:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Sad news for 29 franchises. The Lakers fired Darvin Ham
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6995 on: May 03, 2024, 02:34:26 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
Alleged exchange:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: The exchange between Patrick Beverley and one of the fans in Indianapolis escalated when the Bucks were breaking huddle Thursday night, and the fan yelled, “Cancún...Cancún on 3.”

NBA is looking into Beverley’s exchange with fans in game and media postgame, per source.

Really?  That’s some pretty wholesome heckling.

« Reply #6996 on: May 03, 2024, 02:46:48 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Was he that bad?  I don't watch the lakers much so can't speak of his game management.

The exchange with AD through the media was interesting.  Maybe the players were just done with him.

« Reply #6997 on: May 03, 2024, 02:50:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Was he that bad?  I don't watch the lakers much so can't speak of his game management.

The exchange with AD through the media was interesting.  Maybe the players were just done with him.

I live in LA, yeah my LAL friends were so excited to see him fired. They would be happy if Rondo becomes their coach.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6998 on: May 03, 2024, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Another year, another early exit for the Sixers. I thought maybe Nick Nurse could reign in Embiid but I was wrong.

They still try to run their offense through him. Because he's the MVP. When in fact his skills are limited and he resorts to flailing and flopping when defenses tighten up.

Their offense is a disaster because he doesn't work within the flow of the system. It is similar to when the Celtics revert to iso-ball. It's not efficient, abd it doesn't get ither guys involved.

Seems like Maxey and the others only get shots on broken plays. It's remarkable how disorganized Philly is. They are the anti-Heat. I don't think it's a coincidence Batum made so many plays; he comes from a Clipper system where you're moving in sync with the play, not just watching your star "go to work."

I am disappointed with Philly's offense too. It is basically a two man offense with three role players in minimal roles.

They needed to involve Tobias Harris and Buddy Hield more. Those are two quality scorers. They should not be treated the same way as Melton, Lowry, Batum, Oubre. Yet there is little difference. No plays being run for them. No effort to get them more involved in the game. To get them going.

Yeah man. It's criminal how little the Sixers try to get shots for their shooters. If they deliberately used Embiid as a decoy more they could feast. It's a lot like Tatum and Brown. When they work the defense with intent, guys get good shots.

« Reply #6999 on: May 03, 2024, 02:56:21 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I live in LA, yeah my LAL friends were so excited to see him fired. They would be happy if Rondo becomes their coach.

How many coaches has LeBonds had now?

« Reply #7000 on: May 03, 2024, 03:24:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
LeBron fired Ham..he had to blame someone…Ham didn’t construct this roster since James came to LA..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7001 on: May 03, 2024, 03:24:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
Wow, Lakers fans think another coach can suddenly reverse time and make Lebrons 40 yr old body play serious defense for 35 minutes .  They are laying blame on the wrong people. The LA games I saw Ham did respectable job. AD and Bron eat up too much salary space.Bron is like a circus attraction….his good offensive numbers don’t impact team winning results so much.  Similar to Doncic to me. I d dump old Bron , put a couple younger stars with AD., ones that play some defense. Bad roster…too much leWhiner
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 06:27:39 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #7002 on: May 03, 2024, 03:32:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Wonder who LeBron hire next then blame him?? 😂😂
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7003 on: May 03, 2024, 03:54:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Wow, Lakers fans think another coach can suddenly reverse time time and make Lebrons 40 yr old body play serious defense for 35 minutes .  They are laying blame on the wrong people. The LA games I saw Ham did respectable job. AD and Bron eat up too much salary space.Bron is like a circus attraction….his good offensive numbers don’t impact team results so much.  Similar to Doncic to me. I d dump old Bron , put a couple younger stars with AD.

I don’t think Ham was a good coach at all, but I agree the biggest problem is with their roster. Their third best player is Russell or Reaves? That’s not gonna get it done. But you have people like Sparz wizard believing they could make the finals all year. Lebron is still a good offensive player but he is terrible on defense, he made Gordon look like an all star.

« Reply #7004 on: May 03, 2024, 04:37:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1502
Alleged exchange:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Really?  That’s some pretty wholesome heckling.

That is what I am thinking too.  Super mild.  That is what gets Beverly into throw the ball at a person's face mode?   Then Beverly needs a suspension.