Poll

Of The Current Likely Scenarios, What Path Do You Prefer Most?

Play Detroit, Then Toronto
11 (23.9%)
Play Indiana, Then Milwaukee
19 (41.3%)
Really Don't Care. Whoever We Face, Bring It On!
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)  (Read 12484 times)

East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Who you guys prefer in the 1st round?

I want Celts to get the #4 seed and face Indy.

Celts struggle against teams with quality bigs.

Right now the #3 seed means Celts face Drummond and the #6 Pistons.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:39:38 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Preference: 1st round opponent
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Indy for sure

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:31:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I want Philly in the first round. I like the match up. Indy is a wild card.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Probably Indiana.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 10:58:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Indy is probably Boston 2017-2018.

Prefer to face the 76ers. They look like they're imploding with Jimmy Butler locker room problems.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 11:03:08 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
3 seed. The playoffs are just about attrition as they are matchups. Giving Toronto a bye until the ECF as well as well having to go through the toughest road is no bueno. This team should want the path of least resistance in the 1st round.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Probably Indie. Thats means the 76ers are matched up against Toronto round 2 and we are against the Bucks. I think we can beat the bucks, I like that matchup a lot better than Toronto and so we beat Indi, Beat Milwaukee, and hope the 76ers beta Toronto so we can beat them in the ECF's.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 11:03:31 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
The answer is obviously Indy.

I really don't like the thought of playing Detroit actually. They look nasty at the moment.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Probably Indie. Thats means the 76ers are matched up against Toronto round 2 and we are against the Bucks. I think we can beat the bucks, I like that matchup a lot better than Toronto and so we beat Indi, Beat Milwaukee, and hope the 76ers beta Toronto so we can beat them in the ECF's.

Yeah, Toronto is probably the only team I don't want to face (especially without HCA.)

Their GM deserves alot of credit for the team he put together.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 11:58:35 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I want Philly in the first round. I like the match up. Indy is a wild card.

I'm kind of torn.  On the one hand, nothing would make me happier than Philly getting knocked out in the first round by the C's.

Actually scratch that, it would make me happier if another team knocked Philly out in the first round, because then they can't rationalize away the loss as losing to a superior team, but the odds of IND, BRK, DET beating them are very slim.  The odds of facing and losing to the C's are much better.

But on the other hand, no victory is guaranteed.  Don't want to dance with the devil, and nothing would suck more than losing to Philly in the 1st round.  Also it would probably be easier on the C's to not have to go down a gauntlet of PHI/MIL/TOR/GSW, which would mean facing a top 5 team in the NBA every single round.  Has any team faced something like that and come out on top before? '95 Houston comes to mind, they beat a 60-win Jazz (Malone/Stockton both All-NBA 1st team, Malone 3rd in MVP voting), 59-win Suns (Barkley, All-NBA 2nd), 62-win Spurs (MVP Robinson), 57-win Magic (Shaq, All-NBA 2nd and 2nd in MVP voting, Penny, All-NBA 1st), the 4 best teams record wise, and the top 3 MVP candidates.

But then again, I'm actually confident the C's will bring it against the Sixers.  You know how the C's can play down to "inferior" opponents, and part of me is worried the C's could struggle a little facing IND, DET, or BRK.  Not necessarily losing the series, but maybe a much closer series than it should be (like 6-7 games, instead of 4-5).

Give me Philly and let's crush them and go on an epic playoff run!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:04:53 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 02:06:51 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I don't care if we play either Philly or Indiana in the first round I think we can take either of them, home ground or no. I'm more interested in trying to avoid Toronto because I think we can also beat Milwaukee without home ground but Toronto will be tougher, we've lost 14 of 15 up there. I'd prefer to play them in the ECF should we get that far.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 03:03:58 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I honestly don’t care too much who we play first round, but I do want the 4 seed. HCA and then MIL.

Indy is going to fall. Their schedule gets hard and without Oladipo, they don’t really have a go-to player. Bunch of nice players, but no great one. They’ve played well without him, but look at their wins. Their best wins were the game VO got hurt against a Kawhi-less Raptors and against Lakers, Clips and TWolves, all at home. Their only road wins are against Miami, Washington, and New Orleans (missing basically their entire team).

Starting next week, they go OKC, @DEN, @POR, @LAC, @GSW, DEN, @OKC, BOS. Then in April they will face DET H&H, BOS, and BRK, all of whom will be jockeying for playoff position.

It would not surprise me if they don’t get to 49 wins (going 6-10 down the stretch).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 04:27:40 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'd like Indy as a 1st round matchup, no matter if it is from the 4th or 5th seed.
If we can evade Philly, Milwaukee, Toronto route somehow, facing all of the easts beasts, I'd be happy.
Indy, Milwaukee, Toronto would be realistic.

I'd prefer to evade Toronto till the ECF, Lowry, Ibaka and perhaps Kawhi might slow down by then.
I am not cheering for someone's injuries to happen, but those 3 are a bit older, Lowry slows down in the playoffs, Ibaka can look awfuly old too and Kawhi has his knee/tendon issues, that has been heavily monitored and preserved this year.

We are young, deep and we can sustain marathons better than other east teams.
That's our strength.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:37:19 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 06:25:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we should play whoever we draw.  Avoiding games is for cowards!   You also get a false sense of how good you are you by beating teams you match up against.  Play through everyone to see what to do for next year.

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 06:36:09 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd feel cheated if we don't see 76ers this year so maybe just do it round 1.