Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 487411 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #885 on: May 02, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2943
That's really unacceptable.  Popovich and the coaching crew have every right to be upset.

One of the Spurs personnel at the end of the bench yelled "F YOU" to someone at the scorer's table.  Presumably the people operating the clock.

Pretty sure that was the Spurs owner lol Really won't be surprised to see the Silver take a look at this at least. They review every call in the last two minutes anyways. And that last buzzer "malfunction" was straight up DIRTY. No way that was an accident, because he hadn't even attempted to throw the ball yet.

« Reply #886 on: May 02, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2007
That's really unacceptable.  Popovich and the coaching crew have every right to be upset.

One of the Spurs personnel at the end of the bench yelled "F YOU" to someone at the scorer's table.  Presumably the people operating the clock.

Pretty sure that was the Spurs owner lol Really won't be surprised to see the Silver take a look at this at least. They review every call in the last two minutes anyways. And that last buzzer "malfunction" was straight up DIRTY. No way that was an accident, because he hadn't even attempted to throw the ball yet.

Yup it was the owner.  Hahaha

« Reply #887 on: May 02, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yup it was the owner.  Hahaha

You can't really blame him either. I mean, I don't know if I could see Wyc out there doing that, but I sure as hell would be. It'll be interesting to see how Pop handles his postgame conference. I'm guessing there will be some mention of those last few minutes lol

« Reply #888 on: May 02, 2015, 10:51:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Chris Webber says ,,,don't call timeout if you don't have one. LOL!!!

Ahaha ;D, TP.

« Reply #889 on: May 02, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Totally bogus to let those kinds of calls go on for the last 2-3 minutes and then give CP3 the friendliest whistle this side of Steve Miller.

I want LA to beat Houston because they're more fun to watch, but that series features two seriously lame teams.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #890 on: May 02, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
Really sucks to see the Spurs go out like that on a questionable call in addition to a "malfunction" on the final play.

Easily my favorite playoff team to watch.

« Reply #891 on: May 02, 2015, 10:53:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970

« Reply #892 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I hate Doc Rivers!

+1

TP

Did you hear his HOF coaching to the Clippers down the stretch was to ask them to 'breathe' (snicker)

« Reply #893 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Totally bogus to let those kinds of calls go on for the last 2-3 minutes and then give CP3 the friendliest whistle this side of Steve Miller.

I want LA to beat Houston because they're more fun to watch, but that series features two seriously lame teams.

Yep, this is why coach challenges are a MUST for the NBA, because the refs affect the game much more than in any other sport. They're human, and they'll make mistakes. Coaches should be able to rectify at least one of those mistakes a game.

« Reply #894 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I think that that was their owner, lol ;D.  Geesh, and people think that the Celtics were bad.  Wow.  That was even worse than when the Knicks hit a 3 at msg and the scorer gave them 5 points.  They eventually changed it, but Pierce was shaking his head and laughing his ass off, lol ;D. *facepalm*

« Reply #895 on: May 02, 2015, 10:59:01 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I can't stand either of those teams. Bunch of whiners and crybabies on each side. Only good news is that one of them will go home in the next round.

That was a highly questionable foul on Duncan, and the buzzer "malfunction" was ridiculous, but I'll also admit that the Spurs blew plenty of chances to seal the win, like when they were up 3 with about a minute and a half left and Matt Barnes tied it with an open look from the top of the key. I can't stand that punk.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #896 on: May 02, 2015, 11:00:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yep, this is why coach challenges are a MUST for the NBA, because the refs affect the game much more than in any other sport. They're human, and they'll make mistakes. Coaches should be able to rectify at least one of those mistakes a game.

You are right the NBA game is the easiest game for refs to influence, but there is no way one coach's challenge would change things.

« Reply #897 on: May 02, 2015, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, that call was a knockoff of the Scottie Pippen-Hubert Davis sequence. 

« Reply #898 on: May 02, 2015, 11:03:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
The worst of my fears ......

Cavs and Clippers

>:(

« Reply #899 on: May 02, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White

I can't stand either of those teams. Bunch of whiners and crybabies on each side. Only good news is that one of them will go home in the next round.

That was a highly questionable foul on Duncan, and the buzzer "malfunction" was ridiculous, but I'll also admit that the Spurs blew plenty of chances to seal the win, like when they were up 3 with about a minute and a half left and Matt Barnes tied it with an open look from the top of the key. I can't stand that punk.

Agreed.

Better yet, the winner goes on to lose to Golden State in the Western Conference Finals.  In my estimation, anyway.  Neither team has the depth to beat Golden State. 

But on the other hand, I guess you could have said that regarding the Clippers against the Spurs.