Author Topic: Danny happy with roster, doesn't think we have any glaring needs  (Read 9691 times)

Re: Danny happy with roster, doesn't think we have any glaring needs
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I think he's waiting for waiver wire veterans to see who gets cut and whos worth signing as an insurance policy

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ths means he is looking to trade
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I do not know how Danny can be happy if a mediocer team like New Orleans, come and beat you up at your home?! :o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:38:10 PM by eugen »

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I do not know how Danny can be happy if a mediocer team like New Orleans, come and beat you up at your home?! :o

The thing is, New Orleans has been on a similar run as the C's have lately.  They beat some really good teams, including San Antonio, and they had an impressive win against Philly the night before beating Boston.

And I don't mean that the C's shouldn't feel bad about losing to them.  What I mean is that a 6 game winning streak does not necessarily mean you are suddenly something you weren't 2 weeks ago. 

The fact of the NBA is that in January, a lot of teams go on mental vacations.  Their focus disappears, and suddenly they are not very hard to beat.  So, when another team decides to come in focussed at this time of year, they can really feast, and look really good.  But, that doesn't mean that they will be good enough in April or May, when those other teams wake back up.

Now, I am not sure what this team really is.  But I think Danny should take last night as a lesson that he shouldn't be blinded by streaks and records.  He needs to try to look at the team for what it is, and what it will be in the playoffs, and then decide what to do about it.  Luckily, I think Danny already knew that, though.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

The thing is, New Orleans has been on a similar run as the C's have lately.  They beat some really good teams, including San Antonio, and they had an impressive win against Philly the night before beating Boston.

And I don't mean that the C's shouldn't feel bad about losing to them.  What I mean is that a 6 game winning streak does not necessarily mean you are suddenly something you weren't 2 weeks ago. 

The fact of the NBA is that in January, a lot of teams go on mental vacations.  Their focus disappears, and suddenly they are not very hard to beat.  So, when another team decides to come in focussed at this time of year, they can really feast, and look really good.  But, that doesn't mean that they will be good enough in April or May, when those other teams wake back up.

Now, I am not sure what this team really is.  But I think Danny should take last night as a lesson that he shouldn't be blinded by streaks and records.  He needs to try to look at the team for what it is, and what it will be in the playoffs, and then decide what to do about it.  Luckily, I think Danny already knew that, though.
There is no excuse to justify losing a normal easy game against the 14th team from the West. Coming and beating you up is a big disappointment. This team need 2-3 roster changes in order to win championship.

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

There is no excuse to justify losing a normal easy game against the 14th team from the West. Coming and beating you up is a big disappointment. This team need 2-3 roster changes in order to win championship.

Last year the Heat lost to the:
Warriors
Bucks (twice)
Wizards (twice)

This is the NBA where good team lose to terrible teams.

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
Mid season pick ups of waived vetrans is not going to turn this team into a contender. Its pretty simple really, we need a big man who can be a post threat, rebound and protect the rim.
We need a star.

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Mid season pick ups of waived vetrans is not going to turn this team into a contender. Its pretty simple really, we need a big man who can be a post threat, rebound and protect the rim.
We need a star.

Easier said than done.

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 07:01:34 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Danny's getting silly with age!!

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 07:36:42 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
We need a star.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
We need a star.

Easier said than done.

And not cheap. 

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We need a star.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Teams don't give up their stars.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
We need a star.

Easier said than done.

And not cheap.

And I'd say it's extremely unlikely Ainge gives up either Bradley or Sully in a trade this year -- even for a quality player like Gortat, and especially for a lesser player like Robin Lopez.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
GM talk.

"We are happy with our team.  We feel no pressure to have to make a trade."  Translation, we are not going to overpay for your players.

Precisely -- feel like he gives this speech every year after the holidays.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
if he is really happy with this roster then i think he's happy we will be out in the first or second round. not gonna win it with this lineup.